Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 11 October 2013
A huge fan of various crime series with strong main characters I found this book to be greatly satisfying. I found myself really engaged with the story and intrigued as I followed the male lead on his attempt to solve the crime. Through this character and the others introduced throughout the book the author succeeds in creating a genuinely interesting, thought provoking and, at times, funny story. Once the killer was revealed I found it was actually quite unexpected which gave a sense of unpredictability which I find isn't a prominent feature in many books right now.
on 22 November 2013
The author has a fascinating format, possibly unique for a murder mystery (certainly something I haven't seen before) in which the reader follows the narrative from the points of view of both the detective and the murderer.

The motive emanates from a New Testament secret hidden by the Vatican for centuries so it is not surprising that the plot has been compared with the DaVinci Code.
But there is no string of unlikely or impossible coincidences in The Blood Secret and the deep research is enlightening - so consequently the story seems perfectly credible as it weaves an unbroken thread from the Crucifixion to the present day.

Lovers of alternative history and conspiracy theories will enjoy meeting finely drawn characters who are enriched by convincing dialogue.
The closely observed background of the Maltese islands in summer provides heart-warming reading, whether on a cold winter day in England or on a hot Mediterranean beach.

And the chances are that readers of this book will never use the expression "the gospel truth" again...!
on 7 October 2013
I loved the mix of religion and history with a modern murder mystery in this book. The author really highlighted how ancient religious issues can still be relevant in the modern day. I would definitely recommend this for fans of Dan Brown, although it isn't as complex and quite as far fetched as some books can be which I definitely prefer. I really enjoyed this book, I found it a believable murder mystery with great historical elements, 100% recommend.
on 13 October 2013
A fairly slow read. This book repeated itself a fair amount. The characters are very well written. The story is very believable
on 24 May 2014
Wasn't sure what to make of this really.

Was it a murder mystery? Set in ancient times well that was novel. Was it a sex book? The descriptions of the rape of the vestal virgin were somewhat salacious. Was it a history book? I know nothing about the times in which it was set so it may have been. The one thing I am sure about is that I wouldn't read it again.
on 4 January 2014
Very interesting story...realy enjoy the way it's written, and i realy found the atmosphere of this little island i used to live...
on 30 March 2016
A superb book. Very very interesting. I would recommend this to people as a book that makes you think about religion.
on 9 October 2013
on 3 November 2013
For the first time in my life I feel the need to warn people how boring a book is. I have given one star for the fact the Author has written a book and effort should always be rewarded. The story is sheer tedium and an excuse to give the readers a history lesson but not in an interesting way. I managed to read 30% before deciding that there are too many good books waiting to be read to waste any more time on this one. My apologies to the Author, but may I suggest you read Elmore Leonard's 10 rules of writing.