5.0 out of 5 stars incredible bars
Published 1 month ago by bee

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that great.
For myself I did not like them as much as Atkins bars. They were said to be really good, but I found them to be a bit lacking in taste.
Published 2 months ago by ThornRose

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible bars, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Quest Nutrition 60g Double Chocolate Chunk Protein Bar - Pack of 12 (Personal Care)
Amazing - by far my favorite flavor! I loved the chunks in this bar they taste exactly like real chocolate. The bar is not too sickly and doesn't have any kind of bad aftertaste - just rich chocolate! Also has the best macros for all the flavours and I would never have been able to guess as they taste so decadent - both raw, baked or microwaved! Not dry at all either lovely texture mmmm

5.0 out of 5 stars these are the best, 11 July 2014
Was brilliant. Filled my hunger and gave me the energy when needed. Will definitely be buying again

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
great taste

5.0 out of 5 stars You pay for what you get, 29 Jun 2014
Stephen Cable "Steve" (England) - See all my reviews
I've used all the bars on the market and these are comfortably the best. You have to pay a little more but it's worth it.

(Don't compromise by buying cheap flap jacks loaded with milk whey and justify due to protein content.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that great., 17 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 17 April 2014
Really yummy, especially if quickly zapped in the microwave- tastes like a brownie! Tasty and filling. Possibly one of my favourite Quest flavours

2.0 out of 5 stars Not blown away, 14 Jun 2014
Having seen Quest bars now frequently pop up through my Instagram feed and through blogs and having read about people's rave reviews I thought I would give them a go to see if they lived up to the hype.

They are, of course, being a US import not cheap, so it was a bit of a gamble trying to decide which box of 12bars to go for to make the cost worthwhile. This flavour was on offer and having done my research was the lowest calorie bar at 160 with 3g Net carbs and 20g protein so I opted for them.

The bar itself is very, very dense- still soft to bite into but it takes some effort! They certainly do fill you up, it is hard work to just mindlessly eat one down which of course is a good thing. They are very filling, thanks to the hefty fibre content of around 17g and the high protein which keeps you full for hours.

As for the taste, for me this let it down. I immediately detected the stevia in this bar from my first bite, although the bar claims it is in such tiny amounts that it classes itself as unsweetened. Fine if you like stevia, but I do not. The texture being so dense was almost chalky at times and very dry in my mouth. The improvement for me was only when the bar was warmed up, either by opening the wrapper and leaving it to just soften in a sunny place for a hour or so-the bar still firm but the edge taken off and the big chunks of chocolate now soft, or by cutting it into three and blasting in a microwave for a few seconds, hey presto soft quest cookies that feel much more sinful than they are!

One final thing that about this bar that has put me off and means I won't become the latest Quest addict is something I touched on earlier. The fibre content. At 17g of insoluble fibre these bars leave me, and I realise it may only be me, incredibly thirsty. It's as though my system is screaming at me for water to help try and process these bars. The fibre they use is called IMO and is of course what makes the bars so low carb but it just isn't suited to me. I eat a lot of fibre anyway so I thought I would be ok, I can only imagine if you jump into Quest bars from a low fibre diet how you may feel. I do not need or want to feel bloated and uncomfortable or to be drinking like a fish personally!

So whilst yes, I can sort of see why these bars are so popular, the microwave cookie in itself was pretty persuasive, for me I'll save my money and just enjoy natures treats in their original form, I'd rather fill up on watermelon and a handful of almonds for the same calories and I'm pretty certain my insides will thank me for it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars They're just too good. I go through a whole box in less ..., 21 Aug 2014
Jesse T. Vile "Droogie1971" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
These are dangerous. They're just too good. I go through a whole box in less than a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014
Very good product and fast shipping

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 30 Nov 2013
I was really excited to try this new flavour, it smelled AMAZINg and exactly like a chocolate cake or something. The taste was alright too, though I think I expected more since I LOVE the chocolate peanut butter one (it makes me feel like I'm in heaven), I think its just the chocolate in this one tastes a bit... odd? But it was delicious anyway! Especially in the microwave! Plus, just 160 calories for the entire bar is great.