Published 14 months ago by Kaikai Camilleri

1.0 out of 5 stars probably straight to the charity shop
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Calories are actually Accurate, AND the Recipes are wonderful!, 14 Mar. 2014
So I've purchased quite a few 5:2 diet recipe books now, and usually what I find is that either the recipes are BORING, or there is just no way in hell that the calories add up. So I always check the calories myself. Well, all of the calories of the recipes I've checked so far add up as they should. And even better, they are sooooo good. A previous reviewer stated that the recipe for the 'Caramelized Pear and Swiss Omelette' wasn't accurate, but unfortunately he must not have noticed that recipe serves 4 people, not 1! So the only thing I would say is make sure you check the servings. Most of the recipes serve 1, but a few of them serve 2 or 4. Anyway, this is my go to 5:2 diet book. Love, it, Love it, Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Delicious Way to Diet, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: 5:2 Diet Recipe Book: Healthy & Filling 5:2 Fast Diet Recipes to Lose Weight and Enhance your Health. (Kindle Edition)
The 5:2 or 'Fast' Diet was popularised by Dr Michael Mosley. It's an appealing idea - you eat normally for 5 days a week and only restrict your calorie intake 2 days a week. The difficulty comes when you try to devise a whole day's menus with a total of only 500 or 600 calories. Diana Clayton's 5:2 Diet Recipes is the prefect answer.

Until I read this book, I hadn't realised how satisfying a sub-300 calorie meal could be. Buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup or blueberries, for instance, only comes to 285 calories. I'd add a squeeze of lemon juice myself because maple syrup is so intensely sweet. Diana's recipe uses half buckwheat and half wholemeal flour which is very filling, but if you are gluten-intolerant, I'm sure it would be almost as satisfying with only buckwheat. Another surprising sub-300 calorie recipe is Spaghetti Rustica (what I know as spaghetti alla puttanesca, but that's not a name for polite company). Can anything so delicious really be slimming? Actually, being pernickety, I checked the calorific calculations for several of the dishes and found them faultless.

Diana has helpfully divided the recipes into breakfasts, lunches and dinners of about 100 calories, about 200 calories and less than 300 calories. I'm particularly looking forward to trying Sesame Kale Chips (British translation Sesame Cavolo Nero Crisps, although I imagine you could use curly kale) at a mere 60 calories a serving. I also like the sound of Mini Zucchini (courgette) Pizzas.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tasty and easy to follow guide, 14 Jan. 2014
F. J. Bermann - See all my reviews
This 5:2 diet book is well structured, full of colourful pictures and an easy read for anyone wanting to understand and try the 5:2 diet system.

It contains a bunch of tasty, easy-to-follow and make recipes - some are for breakfast, others lunch and dinner.

Didn't believe that I could have a delicious breakfast of about 100 calories. But it is possible and this book shows you how.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipes!!, 3 Mar. 2014
It's got everything what's expected of a recipe book. Beautifully explained on the 5:2 diet itself and how it works, benefits and so on. The book then goes into the recipes, has a good range in fact. The methods are straightforward and easy to follow. Never knew there was a chai tea smoothie, looking forward to trying them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Jan. 2014
I find this book really useful because it explains clearly what the 5:2 Fast Diet is all about. The author gives useful advice on how to manage this diet correctly in other to maximize its benefits. She has provided many recipes which are quick and easy to prepare using readily available ingredients. Most of the meals have a short preparation time of 5-10 mins which makes them more attractive.
I particularly like the recipe for melon-ginger soup, which I intend to try soon. Great pictures too. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, 5 Mar. 2014
This book has easy to follow recipes with ingredients you can easily find around the house. The pictures are great and the fact that the prep time/cook time are listed helps a lot. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes., 5 Mar. 2014
This book is great! A very informative introduction to the 5:2 fast diet, with a quick list of foods that work with the diet. The recipes that follow all look delicious, and the ones I've made following it have all turned out amazingly.
The pictures are beautiful and really get you hungry to try the recipes. Great book, definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Nov. 2013
This book was an easy read with some tantalizing but realistic, economic recipes. Recommend to anyone who wants introduction to 5:2 eating plan.

1.0 out of 5 stars probably straight to the charity shop, 16 Jun. 2014
I am on day 1 of the 5:2 diet and starting on a fast day so I was really hoping there would be some great ideas for my tea. Unfortunatly the book is very american and has lots of fancy recipes that I would not want to waste calories on. I am choosing to eat only my main meal so some 500 calorie recipes would be good, I was hoping to bump some of the 300 cal ones up with vegetables but do not fancy any of them. Examples of the meals are aubergine with parmasan, quinoa balls, buckwheat pancakes, tofu wraps, carrot and celery juice. I am sure there are plenty of meals that can be made such as casseroles and chilli's that are filling and low calorie rather than these fancy snacks, I am a keen cook so did not really want the book to know how to cook but to know the calories without having to work it all out myself, it would help if this book had calories at the side of each ingredient also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes!, 1 Feb. 2014
I've had time to test some of these meal recipes and they are exactly what I like, minimal fuss, nutritious and delicious, without an excess of calorie loading.

All meals are family friendly. You could simply increase the quantity or add some healthy, high fibre carbohydrate for family members with a higher calorie need.

I eat when hungry, choose good nutrition, and stop eating once satisfied, and am aware of but do not count calories so I don't actually follow the 5:2 diet and don't intend to. I purchased the book to gain an understanding of a diet that many others are finding. This book satisfied my curiosity and the cost was worth paying for the delicious ideas for recipes food presentation.

I recommend this low calorie recipe book.