5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic with a hero to swoon over!, 2 Dec 2013
Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I really enjoyed this! I've read some of Amy's novels before and she's really excelled in this one!

Blake is an ex-soldier, and has worked hard to try and get his life together after his days at war. Together with his brother they have a building company for high-end clients, such as Ava Kelly. Supermodel Ava is more used to luxury yachts than canal boats. But when shots are fired and Blake saves her life, Ava realises she desperately needs refuge, and Blake's canal boat is the perfect place to hide out. Blake isn't very happy about this, Ava is the last person Blake wants in the boat, but when Ava promises one million pounds to Blake's sister's charity in exchange, Blake can't say no. With Ava in close proximity, Blake is find it hard to keep his hands off of her...

The characters were brilliantly written, I genuinely cannot fault a single thing about these characters. They were so lifelike and raw and real and I loved that they each had their own background story, which I found to be really interesting.

Blake...WOW...what a character! Ladies - he's an ex-soldier and a brooding one at that....all-together now...SWOON!!!! But he is SO MUCH more than that too - I particularly enjoyed getting to know him throughout the book and my heart ached at his background story, and all the pain and heartache that he had been through. I loved that as readers we were given such a look into his life, his thoughts, his feelings, and what has made him the person he is today. Amy Andrews I LOVE you for writing such a different and complex character into your novel and for making him so strong and lifelike, and for leaving me completely in love with him.

I also liked that Ava wasn't all she seemed, and that there was a lot more to her underneath the supermodel persona that she displays. I liked that as a reader we were able to explores a lot of emotion from the characters and really delve into their backgrounds.

I wasn't initially sure how Ava and Blake would react together, but let me say you are all in for a treat with them! I loved how they are from two entirely different worlds but they went together SO well! I enjoyed their clashes, their initial thoughts of each other, and then there was their flirting and the tension between them was terrific! Their scenes together are sizzling and very passionate!

You need to buy this book - The Most Expensive Night Of Her Life is romantic, with characters you will love, and very sexy moments! Amy Andrews has written a FANTASTIC novel and I'm already looking forward to re-reading it again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor little rich girl?, 30 Nov 2013
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Fame and money come with a price attached.
The price is losing your privacy and the ability to walk around freely without a care in the world. If you're famous every step you take is bound to end up in the press. A simple friendly gesture between two people can become the illicit affair of two lovebirds tomorrow.
The paparazzi just want to sell a story to make a quick buck, so they aren't that interested in the truth, facts or whether or not they destroy someone with their printed rumours.
The main female lead in this story suffers from her hyped-up media reputation as a difficult rich It girl, someone who gets who she wants or what she wants when she wants it. Everyone assumes that the media representation is true and that includes Blake, the man fitting her kitchen.
Blake comes with his own baggage and hang-ups, which don't become apparent until Ava starts to get under his skin. She doesn't fit the image he has acquired of her via the media and he simply doesn't trust the different signals he is getting. His mind says no and his body says `right here, right now.' These finicky internal battles can be a little tricky when your own body and gut are trying to outsmart your brain.
Who is the real Ava? Is she a poor little rich girl looking for love and affection? Or is she just a rich girl used to playing every trick in the book to get what she wants?
The answers to those questions become a secondary problem when the press get wind of a secret and start to hunt their targets like sharks drawn to chum in open waters. Then Blake has to decide whether it is mind over instinct where Ava is concerned.
I received a copy of this book courtesy of Harlequin UK and Mills&Boon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different !!, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Most Expensive Night of Her Life (Mills & Boon Modern Tempted) (Mills & Boon Tempted) (Kindle Edition)
I liked this ,it's a very modern story with all the nasty facts of life laid out but it's also a love story which has it all , perfect.

ARRAY(0xa6a5fee8)