5.0 out of 5 stars McAfee E-Card
Wasn't too sure about this but after reading the reviews and having McAfee internet Security already installed on a trial basis I thought I would take a punt on it.
Published 8 months ago by I. Johnson

1.0 out of 5 stars This is by far the worst software I have seen in my life!
Published 3 months ago by Mr. C. Tsoukalas

5.0 out of 5 stars McAfee E-Card, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: MCAFEE MIS14UEC3RAO Internet Security 2014 - 3 User- OEM - eCard - (Software Security Software) (CD-ROM)
I'm glad I did, what you receive is a card with a serial number on and written on that card is a link to McAfee's website which if your a novice you should type in your browser bar, on entering the site you will see in plain sight where to enter your serial number, after which you are prompted to either log in (if you already have an account) or create an account.
Once logged in you can then download Internet Security 2014 afresh if need be and follow the instructions.
One tip I will give you is if you do not want the option to backup online is to go for a custom install and un-check that option otherwise it will hound you to do a backup. Your choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 10 Jan 2014
Arrived very promptly. Already had McAfee Internet Security on my computer ready for renewal. McAfee wanted £55 to renew for a further year, the code provided in the post did exactly the same. Previously, I ordered the disc and just used the code, by just providing the code seems to make environmental sense. Would recommend McAfee to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great saving over boxed product if you're computer savvy, 3 May 2014
Like many others I had reservations about how "official" this product was, but decided to try it because of the reviews and the cost saving. Also, I reckoned that if it was dodgy then the download and registration would fail so I'd soon know. My qualms weren't helped when I saw the packaging envelope marked "OEM Not for resale", but in the event it installed cleanly (on my Windows 8 machine that already had an expiring edition of McAfee on it). It does require an account on the McAfee web site, but to me that's also reassuring because if this were hooky McAfee could reject it - they didn't.

Just to describe again what you get. It's a card containing a key code that you enter into McAfee's web site, once logged in to your account. The web address is provided on the card. You're then instructed to download the installer and after that it's a matter of following the prompts, including a single restart of Windows. In my case the old version of McAfee was removed and the new one installed smoothly, but anti-virus is a complex product so I'm not surprised to read in other reviews that people have had worse experiences.

Quite smug now it's all installed and working. A fantastic saving over the renewal price, and I can use it on up to three PCs as well. Nice one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mcafee internet security 2014 e-card, 22 Nov 2013
Everything arrived promptly as described and software since successfully installed via Mcafee website with product key supplied. Would order again on expiry next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 11 Oct 2013
I received the goods more quickly than the expected. Installation was simple and worked first time.
It has got to be a five star product and service.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is by far the worst software I have seen in my life!, 22 July 2014
I bought this program with a friend in order to protect our 2 pcs. My PC runs windows 7 while my friends is a brand new laptop with windows 8. The program failed to intstall to both laptops! the message we saw during the installation was "There is something wrong" !!!! I know, it can't get more informative than that, can it??? After contacting the software service, I was instructed to run a "pre installation software" that would made it OK to run the installation software... the pre installation software said that everything is ok but no.... the installation would still crash as before.
Then I was told to update windows... firefox... nothing! Then they asked me to update internet explorer!! but I never use internet explorer, I said. It has to be fully updated, they told me, because the installer uses this browser no matter what you use. I don'yunderstand why I have to update something that I don't want to use. This should have been somewhere on the tin like "this software NEEDS internet explorer to work" or something...
Finally I updated internet explorer and guess what? It still doesn't work.
While I was waiting for another answer I decided to use another brand (I won't say the name because I don't care about advertising anyone with this review) it worked like a charm. I still wait for an answer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 May 2014
Easy to install. Installed it on two laptops. One has Windows 7, another 8. Runs very quick on both of them and doesn't request for restarting on daily basis as previously installed Kasperski and Norton. Only McAfee from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me., 29 April 2014
As soon my previous antivirus expired, I have installed this one which is working smoothly in my Dell. Doesn't interrupt while working in huge project works well for me. Thanks for economic purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as simple as you would be led to believe... no support from sell err, 8 May 2014
Quick delivery of a code... but you can t enter it on the website .. phoned McAfee customer services who said I needed tech support.. they spent an hour telling me I had all sorts of viruses which stopped me getting the right link on the web page and would cost 110 quid to fix! Complete bunch of tricksters! ... eventually managed to get them off the phone and my pc! Finally got through to sales team who were able to take the code and apply to my account...hours spent sorting this... bewarned !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 21 Mar 2014
Works for my one desktop, but I cannot vouch for its application for the licence for the other two machines. Well worth just for one pc.