4.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons

3.0 out of 5 stars White light
Published 5 months ago by stewartm

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons, 23 Dec 2013
Firstly may I say that the product is absolutely as described. The bulbs produce a bright white light and I have replaced 12 50W halogen lights with these 12 low energy bulbs and now all 12 bulbs combined have a lower wattage than one of my previous set. I hope that they will last considerably longer than the regular bulbs and have a positive effect on our electricity consumption.
On the down side they give off much more of a spot light effect as opposed to the regular bulbs which cast a far wider light. I have floor to ceiling units and the regular lights gave a nice arc effect on the gloss cabinets which these ones don't do. We have twelve lights in a room that is c 4.40m x 2.60m and I am now more aware of lighter and slightly darker spots than I was before. Not a big issue, but more uneven light was not something that I had considered.
The fact that they run at 4 watts means that they give off virtually no heat. This is economically sound, and it also means there is no danger of burning the upper cabinet doors which open up to the ceiling. We frazzled a door in the early stages of our kitchen when we left it open, even though it was still 10cm away from the 50W halogen light. We had been warned but forgot. However the down side of this is that the kitchen is noticeably colder and we've had to turn the heating up. However I'm sure that this is still a vast saving compared to burning 12 50W halogen Led lights.
Lastly I had not realised just how yellow my previous lights were and the white light is a bit stark compared to what was there before meaning that the rest of the house lights look distinctly yellow in comparison. Again this is not the fault of the light which is marketed as bright and white, but be aware that your other lights might end up looking quite yellow in comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright light.Highly recommended!, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: 8*Kinps®4W Ultra Bright GU10 LED Light Bulb Day White 6000k 50W Equivalent, Energy Saving, Perfect for Replacing 50 - 60 Halogen Bulbs(8x4W Gu10 LED Bulbs, Day White) (Electronics)
Very good product and with a good bright light!!using these led light in kitchen,it is great energy saving.I am delighted with my purchase.
Extremely quick delivery, no complaints whatsoever regarding item description. Would recommend to anyone as a great led light.I would order more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daylight Bulbs, 25 Dec 2013
These GU10 Daylight Bulbs are the best type you can get for this fitting. The only problem I have; sometimes I forget to switch the lights off when I go out; the reason being the light output really is daylight - just like normal summer sunlight.

3.0 out of 5 stars White light, 3 Feb 2014
I ordered these for my main bathroom and en-suite took very little time to fit . Vast difference between these and halogen bulbs, very bright white light. The only small fault would be that as I have 5 spots in main bathroom and a dimmer switch ,it would appear that they only work effectively on a circuit of up to 4 spots. I would recommend but only for a circuit of 4 or less spots to the same switch unless you buy a special dimmer designed for led bulbs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bright, 26 Jan 2014
Great price but not anywhere near as bright as the 50w GU10 that I replaced. Disappointed. Should have gone for 5watt or above

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for halogen, 2 July 2014
I replaced the four 50w halogen lamps in my kitchen sealing light with these becouse the halogens were running very hot and kept blowing.
These run much cooler, use less energy and give the same amount of light!
Also they haven't blown!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch the size of fitting it is going into, 23 Jan 2014
I brought these to fit into exsisting fittings , a word of warning , they will not go into a rescessed fittings which have the ceiling fixing springs in line , ie they are a little bit wider than a standard 240 / 50watt lamp , this is the design of the fins around the lamp , will get caught on the springs inside the ceiling , you may end up buying replacement fittings as well , I recommend you buy one first and see if it fits into you fitting before buying several

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, very white, 2 May 2014
Well packed. Good value. Don't underestimate the brightness and the whiteness of the light though. It makes our countertop illumination (12v halogen bulbs) look positively yellow by comparison. Do you really want lights to be this white? I love it but it may not be everyone's taste!

LED lights give off a fraction of the heat that convential GU10s give off so if your kitchen is heated by halogen bulbs then you might need to turn the radiator up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected, 14 April 2014
T. Thomas (WESTERN ISLES) - See all my reviews
I wanted energy saving bulbs, and this is what I've got. The only downside is that they are more of a spotlight, and doesn't give an even light.

5.0 out of 5 stars GU10 LED Bulbs, 10 April 2014
Mr. N. Falkiner "Reniklaf" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
The parcel arrived in good time and was well packed. 2 of the bulbs are already in use for my portable studio and the do a first class job.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›