Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£10.69

Fairly Recently 'Sony' released the 'American Heartland' 3-CD compilation which was,
like this, thoroughly enjoyable......this another release in the 'American' theme
series.
The compilation gives us many great sounds plucked from the last four decades or so,
giving almost everyone songs that are remembered for whatever reason of course.
Truly There are so many great numbers on this 3-CD compilation, far too many too
mention, however i'd like to pick out one or two from each disc that influenced my
decision to buy.
On disc one...'Pink feat Nate Ruess' --'Give me a Reason'...'Kelly Clarkson' --'Because
of You'...'Alicia Keys' --'Fallin''...'Sarah McLachlan's' --'Angels'...'The Calling'
--'Wherever you will Go'...'Eva Cassidy's' version of 'Fields of Gold'...and 'Celine
Dion's' --'Because you Loved Me' ('Celine' sang this one in a show of hers I was fortunate
to have seen recently -'Great Stuff')
Just a few of the great sounds from the first of the three discs.....on disc two......
'Justin Timberlake' -'Cry me a River'...'Christine Agulera' --'Beautiful'...
'Nsync's --'Gone'...'Gloria Estefan' --'Can't stay away from You'...'The Jacksons' --
'Find me a Girl'...and 'Earth,Wind and Fire' --'After Love has Gone'
Again just to highlight one or two of the terrific numbers on the second of three discs.
On the third disc...'Bangles' --'Eternal Flame'...'Foreigner's' --'I Want to Know what
Love is' (Certainly among my all time favourites)...'Chicago' --'Had to Say I'm Sorry'
...'Simon and Garfunkel's' --'Silence is Golden'...'Elvis's' --'I Can't Help Falling in
Love'...'Journey' --'Open Arms'...'Lissie.s' --'Go your Own Way' along with 'Sheryl
Crow's' version of 'The First Cut is the Deepest' ...and 'Bob Dylan' --'Make you feel
My Love'
Again far too many great songs on disc three to mention, I hope overall the songs that
I have pointed out give an indication of just how good this compilation really is.
If I had to make a criticism it would be, as on many compilations of this type they
repeatedly cut great numbers like 'Meatloaf's' Rock/ballads, on this it's the classic
track 'I'd do Anything For Love' .....maybe it's just me, but, it's a great number
and should be presented in it's full/uncut version even if means maybe dropping a
track from the disc, am I nit-picking ? (would just prefer to listen to the complete
song)
Overall, that aside this is a great collections of great sounds that would 'grace'
anyone's collection.....check it out.
(another great series of music in the making I suspect, looking forward to the next one)
on 17 November 2013
Excellent mix of artists and tracks-great to play on the car stereo. Enjoyed it as much as American Heartland cd.
on 1 December 2013
loved the album and all the albums were great you usually get good songs on t all doscs he one disc second one rubbish.But all discs
were brill. i have told other people how good it is to purchase the album ,
on 22 March 2016
Great value for money. There may be one or two songs on this album that are not to my taste, but over all, I love this album. Beautiful songs...very nostalgic! I highly recommend.
on 15 February 2014
I like most records with Christina Perri on it, I like most of them there is a real good selection on this CD. I love music and this is one I enjoy to keep in my collection.
on 4 May 2015
To me this CD is great value, I love every song on the first CD and only a few from the others but that did not deter how awesome this CD is with my 5 star rating
on 6 February 2014
A good selection of songs from over the years. An excellent gift. Tearful tunes for emotional times. My sister loved it. Lot's to listen to FOR the price.
on 8 January 2014
bought for my daughter as a xmas present, she is very happy with it I am also tempted to order the cd for myself there is some really good tracks on it.
on 1 November 2013
I have bought both albums now Heartbreak and Heartland. Love them both the mix and genres are great modern and classic a real good mix of tempo.
on 8 January 2014
An all-out favourite good selection of tunes easy listening. Recommended to friends who love it too. Other family members also bought.