5.0 out of 5 stars Jelly head dust cleaner.
Published 13 months ago by Dr.Crabfingers

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK. Just be wary of differences.
I wonder if some people are confusing this for the Eyelead or the other "copy" by VKTech. My Fotga cleaner arrived exactly like the photos in the product section. Down to the colour of the jelly head and the "paper".

Published 7 months ago by Mr. M. Cheung

5.0 out of 5 stars Jelly head dust cleaner., 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fotga PRO Camera CCD CMOS Sensor Dust Cleaning Jelly Cleaner for Canon Nikon Sony DSLR (Electronics)
Well this device is new to me and so I was very cautious about using it on my sensor. I currently have no dust issues with my sensor after using a wet clean a couple of weeks ago. So i thought I'd test it on my LCD screen on the back of the camera. I lightly pushed the jelly head onto the screen and pulled it off and lo....the screen was left with a sticky gluey residue where the head had been...so I moved to a new area and did the same, the residue was less, and so on until after 5 or 6 attempts it wasn't leaving any residue anymore. I'm SO glad I didn't just stick this thing onto my sensor fresh out of the box. Having cleaned the head with the sticky paper the jelly head seems much more suitable for use. So, please be cautious and make sure the jelly head is clean before use (you can renew its adhesive properties by wiping with a 70% solution of medical alcohol apparently). I think this cleaning device will be OK, it's a cheap price and the cleanliness of the jelly was perhaps a symptom of the manufacturing handling. I'll update the review when I finally use it on the sensor!!
I also bought another jelly head cleaner from a different seller (I thought the Fotga one had been lost in the post as it took 4wks to arrive) and I had the same problems with the residue being left on the screen. After a clean it is also working perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value sensor cleaner, 30 Dec. 2013
Andy P (Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
I have another sensor cleaner as I change lenses a lot, I was very dubious as to whether to use this one on an expensive DSLR, I needn't have had any fears, I did the whole clean in less than a minute. This item more than paid for itself in that one clean, as it would have cost me £50 for a sensor clean and no camera for days.
Did a good job, and I will use it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK. Just be wary of differences., 1 Sept. 2014

After using the VKTech and running out of the viscose paper I decided to order this one thinking it was the same really. It's not and there's a couple of differences. Firstly the VKTech version comes with a small metal case which makes it a bit more secure to store than the cardboard box of the Fotga. Not a biggy really.

The biggest difference is in the paper. The VKTech comes with strips of what looks like normal paper. But you peel the top layer off to reveal quite a sticky surface. With the Fotga the paper is all in a little pile where you strip the top plastic layer off to reveal the "sticky" paper underneath.

The reason I've given this a 3* only is because this paper is nowhere near as sticky as the VKTech. It feels barely sticky at all.

I learned from my previous experience though to use the head and clean a small section of LCD panel first in case any residue is left before having a go at the sensor.

I'm happy to report the Fotga didn't seem to leave any residue at all on my sensor whereas on the other you can sometimes see a tiny amount.

On my first attempt it did clean about half of the dust off. I swapped to a new sheet and repeated. This time I was happy even when taking a photo at f/22. There's still a few specks of oil/dust but I think f/22 is an incredibly tough test and I do have a D600! Dropping it down to f/11 and I saw no spots.

So can I recommend it? It's OK. For the price I guess you can't go wrong and to me feels safer than using a wet cleaning system.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eyelead it is not, 28 April 2014
So, this product is an obvious copy of Eyelead's sensor cleaning stick. I decided to order them both. The Engrish instructions were almost an exact photocopy of the notes included in the official product from Germany. The difference being these ones were printed in Cantonese(?) and quite awkwardly written English rather than English and French as supplied by Eyelead.

The Fotga Pro stick I ordered from nicna-store took 4 weeks to arrive, an age, it felt but just within delivery estimate. It looks the same as the photo here and comes in essentially an identical silver tin (though unprinted) as the Eyelead one. Differences are that the Eyelead one has 'Eyelead' branding in blue print and there's black foam (that secures the stick) inside rather than white as with the Fotga Pro. Also, the Fotga Pro stick I received is white like one of the pictures here (shown when you review the product) NOT BLUE like the official Eyelead product so that unnerves me considerably too.

So, do you get the same product but cheaper you ask? I can't answer this question yet as I'll need to obviously try them both out. The reason I'm reviewing it now is I've just examined both products and I'm appalled to note that instead of the "viscous cleaning paper" you use to deposit dust/dirt on after application, they supplied torn pieces of paper. Like, wtf? Do they think people wouldn't notice? So, beware of that!

I don't know if the product's safe to use with other adhesive tapes - it's something I need to research and I aim to update this review when I've got more answers. It probably isn't a good idea to just use sellotape (but it might be ok). As another reviewer mentions, be sure to check the stick out on non crucial surfaces like the front of your lens element or the camera's mirror to check there is no residue left after applying it (very disconcerting reading that from reviewer S. Swingler). I will update the star rating as, despite being left without the 'viscous' sticky paper stuff, it may actually be a good product at a better (non obscene) price as the Eyelead (I wonder how much profit they're getting out of that?)

The instructions describe the Sensor Stick sticky bit as 'rubber' material. The 'rubber' tip reminds me of Sorbothane so I'm wondering if that's what it is (had some for absorbing vibration for a laptop harddrive and it was incredibly sticky though left no residue upon touch - all sorts of crud stuck to it though). You can get child's toys made of a similar kind of material too I hazily recall. Either way, £35 or £6.50 (£1 for delivery) is the choice. I'm definitely gonna try this stick out on a lens first. And I'm also going to ask if the seller can send me some sticky paper instead of the torn up paper strips provided.

NOTE: Be sure to exercise caution using these sticks. Have a fully charged battery too. I've spoken to one of the engineers at Canon's main repair centre in Elstree and they do indeed use these products though I bet they didn't pay £35 and I'm sure they don't use fake ones. Try it out first.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Helps, 26 Dec. 2013
Its just what is needed to do the job its intended to do where dust is in volved.its in its own case for storing when not used so it keeps clean.Plus it came in the time stated so im well pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Rafal Pielka - See all my reviews
Very Good Superb Item. I am happy. Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat!, 2 July 2014
Had a bit of dust on my Lumix sensor, got this to clean it, came in a sealed box with sealed bag for the cleaner. Plenty of strips to use in the future. Worked a treat and cleaned up a few annoying bits of fluff and dust that although werent doing a huge ammount of harm did annoy me just by their presence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product., 31 May 2014
I had hundreds of dust bunnies on the sensor of my D7000 that I couldn't shift, neither with the in-camera sensor cleaner, nor a rocket blower. This cleared the sensor completely in about two minutes.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish dont waste money on this, 2 Oct. 2014
Rubbish ...dont waste your money , made problem worse even following instructions and watching info on cleaning sensor . Ended up having professional cleaning at a cost of £60 because it made marks . May be ok to use on lenses but im not going to be using it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A sticky situation - dealt with by a good tool, 2 Nov. 2014
Scary stuff, getting sticky sticks inside your DSLR, but it is very efficient.. I was very slow in pulling it back off the sensor, so it took me a good while to do, but the results are great. No issues with images afterwards, so it works fine.