5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good
This product was supplied by Anker for my evaluation and review. My review is completely unbiased and honest.

Published 10 months ago by Peter

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Good
I'm not a fan of screen protectors, I never had been. A pain to install, non removable air bubbles everywhere, glare, reduced clarity, impossible to clean properly, the list could go on. For about two years I decided I wouldn't use screen protectors, but after seeing and using a friends iPhone that had matte screen protector, I though't i'd give them another go...
Published 8 months ago by Jesse Nandra

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ Screen Protector for Apple iPad Air iPad 5 [2-Pack] - Highly-Transparent Anti-Glare Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) with Lifetime Warranty (Personal Computers)

I recently got an iPad Air, and after searching for a matte iPad Air screen protector this Anker screen protector was the first to pop up. It seemed to be the best for quality and value, in comparison to other ones like Samar (looks cheap and nasty) and MediaDevil (I have heard their the best ones, but I don't fancy spending Ģ15 on a screen protector)

What really stood out to me for this Anker screen protector are its plethora of features. It has a 'Japanese PET Film', '4H hardness' scratch resistance, 'Bubble Free' installation, 'Rainbow Effect Proof' design, 'Anti-Glare', 'Anti-Fingerprint', 'Responsive Touch' and 'HD' High Transparency. You also get 2 protectors, just in case you mess up the first attempt.

So what does that mean? Well PET is the type of film used for the screen protector, and if its high quality then its going to provide better responsiveness and transparency. The 'Rainbow Effect' is something that happens to matte screen protectors, as you move the screen around you can see the protector shifting colors of the rainbow, which is something I certainly didn't want so the fact this screen protector is 'rainbow effect proof' was a big plus.

I can safely say that the features this screen protector claims to have are TRUE. The installation was time consuming, but indeed bubble free. I watched some Youtube video's of the best way to apply screen protectors, and included is a small manual telling you how to do it. My advice would be to watch the Youtube videos, as they were more helpful than the manual. I was able to apply the screen protector with NO BUBBLES.

After it was all installed, I was amazed at the feel of the Matte. It allows your finger to glide more smoothly, it feels very satisfying to touch and has made my iPad even more joyous to use. The transparency is on point, everything looks crisp and sharp. There is no rainbow effect and the touch screen is excellently responsive.

This is a fantastic screen protector, purchase with confidence. Thanks Anker!

UPDATE: - I noticed that my screen protector had been cut unevenly, and therefore caused the application on my screen to look wonky. I got a refund from amazon customer support, and purchased the TUFFSkinz matte screen protectors, which are even better than these Anker ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 15 Nov 2013

I don't usually use screen protectors on my iPads, simply because they are usually so difficult to apply without those annoying air bubbles. I'm the type of person that if there are any air bubbles (even if they are tiny!), I will simply remove and bin the protector. So I must say I was skeptical about this product. However, I really wanted to use my new air without a cover and so thought it would be a mistake to not us a protector.

The product came well packaged by amazon. Inside is 2 screen protectors, an instruction manual, a dust removal sticker, a cleaning cloth and a bubble remover. The instructions were actually for the iPhone, but they do the job fine. The bubble remover was more of a hindrance and I found it far more effective to use my fingers to push any bubbles out.
Applying the product is fairly easy, you just have to make sure you line up the holes with the home button and the camera. Most of the air bubbles were easily pushed to the side and the remaining ones disappeared after a couple of hours. Now I'm pretty anal about bubbles as you can tell. I've inspected every inch and can honestly say there are none whatsoever. This is a great result!

Testing on a day to day basis revealed that the screen is a little more comfortable to use in dark environments thanks to its anti reflective properties. And in bright light, I found I didn't have to increase the screen brightness so much to be able to see the screen clearly. The protector is much easier to clean and keep clean then the iPad glass. There is no rainbow effect and I quite like the feel of it.

I would definitely recommend this product. It's for those who not only want the benefits of anti scratch, but also a few other benefit which make using your iPad daily just that bit more comfortable on your eyes!

Update: Recently, Anker sent me their Ultra Clear Version to review. It is just as good as the matte version, with particular focus on ease of installation. Again, no bubbles whatsoever! It does make the iPad look better in my opinion, but the trade off is that you get from glare from the screen. I feel the ultra clear version is for those who want their iPad to look as original as possible, while the matte offers benefits for those who use their iPad as a workhorse, valuing its anti glare properties. For me, I would choose the matte but with one will be a good buy! And what value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen protectors usually hate me, but..., 23 Nov 2013
C. Rush "the-king-baby" (London) - See all my reviews
This may well be one of the best purchases I've made all year. Sure, other items are fancier and infinitely more expensive, but to pay such a reasonable price for something, and then have the product deliver way above your expectations - it's just a great feeling.

Now, I've never really had much luck with screen protectors, to the point that the only ones I'm able to buy, without completely sodding the whole thing up, are those sold by Media Devil. Since Media Devil protectors weren't yet released for my iPad Air, I decided to give these a try. I wasn't really expecting much and was shocked to receive a rather professionally put together cardboard package that included a bubble-busting card, microfiber cloth, two screen protectors and a sticker for removing dust.

Long story short, no bubbles on my first attempt. An absolutely perfect application with very little effort.

Thank you, Anker. I'll be back when next I buy something with a shiny new screen to protect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible - It leaves finger marks everywhere!, 23 Jan 2014
Do not bother with this product. Fingerprints everywhere! And they are difficult to wipe clean. Used one day, removed the next!

UPDATE!!
The product is terrible but the customer service is 1st class! My complaint was dealt with very professionally and I am very happy with the outcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Best screen protectors I have ever bought, delivery was very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, very happy with the purchase, 3 July 2014
Brilliant product, very happy with the purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Would buy again!, 2 July 2014
I guess it is a very good product for the price. Delivery prompt, attractive and simple packaging. Putting it the cover on your iPad is actually kinda difficult, but you'll get the hang of it - seriously, don't dispair! You can rub out the bubbles. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
easy to fit. does the job!