Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 11 October 2013
I really liked More Than A Lot when it was first released. It provided a unique twist on different aspects of drum and base and dubstep that worked really well. This is the same kind of concept, but this time Chase and Status are revisiting some of the classic dance movements that have taken place over the last 20-30 years or so. Count on me is a brilliant rave track reminiscent of some of the Prodigy's earlier work, but with a more modern twist. On the note of the Prodigy, there is even a sample from Charly on the track Deeper Devotion. I love the Prodigy, so from my point of view it is a definite plus point that this album is clearly influenced by one of my favourite artists.

I also picked up a bit of a DJ Shadow style vibe from some of the tracks, especially with regards to some of the more experimental/hip hop influenced tracks. Cheers to Chase and Status for also dropping a garage track in there as well (Blk & Blu), that really took me back! :)

The reggae vocals on some tracks I am not so keen on, but that is just my own musical preference. There are some tracks on the album I am not completely sold on, but that is usually the case with most albums.

I think if you are around 30 or over, you will probably appreciate this more than if you are much younger or aren't familiar with some of the older influenced tracks. Although saying that, this album could introduce you to a whole new range of older dance music you never even knew existed.

Not a perfect album, but there are some really decent tracks on there that make it well worth the money in my opinion. If you want more of More Than A Lot, then this probably isn't the album for you. If you have a more varied taste when it comes to dance music, then just skip forward to track 3 and enjoy the album!
on 4 November 2013
Not on the level of the two previous albums but worth a listen none the less. Personally being a fan a the deeper sounds such as saxon and the very dance centric, no problem and smash tv I most enjoyed, Machine Gun, Gangsta Boogie and both mixes of International. Not a fan of either Moko songs or blk and blu which was awful live in nottingham, but alive, lost and not found and heaven are all decent additions. the rest is average filler for me.
on 9 October 2013
I am a big C&S fan and have seen them live on more than one occasion. The way they transcend the different forms of dance music and serve up a unique yet post modern take on the genre is what I like best about them. For me they're the Prodigy of their day and although this album isn't perfect I am very happy with it. I think it suffers from a little over ambition at times but when it gets it right with the x2 single releases to date it really nails it. For me the Pusha T song is poor but that's down to me being a Clipse fan and expecting more from him on this. They could have got anyone to do what he did with that song.

I like the remixes, especially the Andy C mix of the latest single.

I recommend this album to one and all. As a previous reviewer put it - instantly accessible.......
on 18 December 2013
Worst thing C&S have done to date. Not quite sure what they were thinking. It;s like a showcase of genres they have painted by numbers.
on 4 April 2014
For those who wanted pure drum & bass, you were always gonna be disappointed - all 3 LPs have been really diverse dance records. This is different to the last two, but as much fun as 'More Than A Lot' and as assured as 'No More Idols'. If you liked both or either, what's not to like here? Basically a big collection of loving nods to the Old Skool. Maybe you have to have been an 18 year old numpty stood in a muddy field in the 90s to truly get why this is such a good album, and it might be sentimentality, but it takes me back and I like this record 'more than a lot'!
VINE VOICEon 16 October 2013
Chase and status have always been one of those annoying acts for me. Some of the tracks they've released have been absolutely amazing. Blind faith springs to mind! However, their previous albums have been a bit heavy on the tracks I just want to skip. Having heard two tracks from this album, lost and found; count on me, I was very excited to hear it and to see what direction C&S have gone in this time.
First impressions? This is a very varied offering. If you like the aforementioned tracks you will PROBABLY like the album. They're not all like the tracks released as singles. Pressure ft major lazer is very basement jaxx like, and blk & blu could easily be mistaken for Artful Dodger in its uk garage feel. Deeper Devotion has a 90s dance feel to it. The standout tracks are definitely the ones already released, and the rest although not as good, are not tracks to skip.
All in all this is a very good, varied, well produced album. I love count on me, it's one of my tracks of the year, but I wouldn't want to listen to a whole album of similar stuff. This is definitely am album you can listen to all the way through, but just keep an open mind!
on 7 October 2013
This is the third studio album from Chase and Status and is the follow up to their critically acclaimed and celebrated No More Idols.

The push to move electronic music to the forefront of pop music is not a new phenomenon - this album comes just a week after Sub Focus released their new album Torus; both artists clearly doing a great job at bringing Drum and Bass (and its various offshoots) into the mainstream.

'Brand New Machine' is a tribute to the variety of electronic music that flourished in the 90s. The album is instantly accessible (much like their previous works) and dips into trip-hop, dance, drum and bass and even a hint of r&b.

A far cry from their underground roots on the Renegade Hardware label, Saul Milton (Chase) and Will Kennard (Status) have lost alot of the ingenuity and rawness of real jungle and d'n'b but have on the other hand manifested a formula that will sell out venues and festivals. Its a scintillating pop sound that is still generating classic feel-good anthems.

Listen to: 'Count On Me', 'Heaven Knows', 'Lost & Not Found', 'Alive'
on 15 October 2013
I see so much hate from people for this album, but really dont see what is to hate, just because they havent done what there other albums where... which doesnt make sense either... because there previous two albums were rather different.

This Album shows a whole new level in what Chase & Status can do and what THEY can achieve, SO many great tracks on this album that i just cannot stop listening

all this hate that they are giving will it ever be enough ;)

only song i never liked was 'heaven knows' yet thats grown on me and has a real nice sound

I really like this album, and am proud to own the CD along with the other 2 albums.

SO BEFORE YOU LISTEN TO THE HATES. LISTEN TO THE ALBUM AND LET IT EFFECT YOU IN ITS OWN WAY

ive become found. peace
on 8 March 2014
I really only bought this CD for one track-Count on Me-I loved the Old Skool vibe of that track when I first heard that. Really enjoyed the rest of the album too. It really is a bonus when you buy an album for one song and really enjoy the rest of the album too.
on 9 October 2013
If your into good Music, Grew up with Old Skool breaks and beats love Rave and Feel good Music.....Buy it!
C&S Return to the old vibe! check out there whole catalogue and see you at the O2 in November! LIve