5.0 out of 5 stars A moving and factual story of everyday life
Because it was like it says an inspirational story of a young woman's journey following the loss of her mother.
Published 9 months ago by Kathy West Sussex

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely idea
Having lost my mum when I was young, a friend suggested I read this book as she thought it would strike a chord with me. Whilst I think her idea is amazing and her blog sounds superb I felt that this book went on too long and was quite self inulgent, especially the final chapter. I found very little to relate to in her stories which made me think that they were too long,...
Published 4 months ago by cute_moogle

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving and factual story of everyday life, 28 Feb 2014
There are certain happenings in life that knock you for six and the loss of a mother is probably the hardest. Rachael Chadwick having experienced this for herself and all the heartache that follows not only immediately after the loss but over the following months and years illustrates beautifully the effects it has on ones life and how she chose to cope with it. Would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who us going through the trauma of such a loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Voyage, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: 60 Postcards: The inspirational story of a young woman's journey to celebrate her mother, one postcard at a time (Kindle Edition)
It is very rare for me to read a book as quickly as I have done so with this beautiful piece of writing. From the moment you begin to read the book you feel like you have always been friends with Rachel Chadwick. Her style of writing is wonderfully warm and personal. The book is a triumph and whilst nothing can ever bring back a lost loved one, to come up with scattering postcards around Paris to celebrate the life of her mother was inspired and makes for a truly wonderful read. Having lost a parent myself I found myself connected to the section on her mother's illness on many levels and the way the books deals with death and bereavement is both touching and moving. The stories of what happens with the postcards is heart warming and wonderful and I cannot recommend strongly enough for you to read this book and find out what happens for yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, good for the soul, 2 Mar 2014
Such an inspirational and beautiful story which details the creative and heartfelt journey of one young women's passionate quest to create a tribute in honour of her mum. The book covers the sensitive topic of grief from an honest perspective that is easy to relate to and provides comforting reassurance for those who are in a similar position. The overriding message of this uplifting book is that, if you are willing to put yourself out there and embrace interaction with others - that's when the magic of the human spirit really starts to show.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea..., 28 Feb 2014
...well executed. A bit sickly sweet in places but all in all a great read. It inhabits that warm nostalgic place on the bookshelf next to a thumbed copy of the notebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unspiring and uplifting book - perfect Mother's Day present!, 11 Mar 2014
I was slightly apprehensive about starting to read this book given its difficult subject matter of grief and loss. I am not one to purposefully punish myself! The overwhelming message of the book is positive and inspirational however; from the courageous way that Rachael is determined to face her grief to the warmth of the strangers that she encounters throughout her project. As a Londoner it is nice to be occasionally reminded about the kindness of strangers. I finished the book determined to start an inspirational project of my own and immediately ordered a copy for my own mother. I am not very good at telling my mother how I feel about her, Rachael's words are a perfect substitute for my own. An essential read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant and heartwarming read..., 4 Mar 2014
...even if you are lucky enough to never have lost anyone close to you in life.

Rachael speaks with such honesty in her book and her story will have you crying one minute and laughing the next at the happy memories she shares about her mum and her family.

Well worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Mar 2014
Couldn't put the kindle down! Such a positive wonderful tribute to help mend a broken heart. Highly recommended this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 3 Mar 2014
Mr. T. G. Cledwyn (London) - See all my reviews
One of only a few books I've read in one sitting. Utterly inspirational yet never shies away from the honesty and pain of grief. A must read...

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute gem, 8 Mar 2014
It's a big statement but I think I was meant to read this book, like it was fate that led me to it. Had I been to a different place on a different day, at a different time, the opportunity to read this book would have passed me by. I downloaded the kindle edition yesterday and read this book over the course of the day, when I attempted to put it down at 11pm, having reached Chapter 10, Sharing the Magic, I lay awake unable to drift off, for I felt strangely compelled to continue reading and so at 11pm via the beauty of Kindle Paperwhite, I completed the book with tears rolling down my face and with an overwhelming urge / desire to text my own mama in the middle of the night to tell her the depth of my love for her. I have always recognised the need to show those you love, that you do so, this book would be a beautiful edition to the lives of us all.

60 Postcards entered my life by chance, I will tell everyone I know about this book and speak of it with such fondness. Thank you Rachael for restoring humanity postcard by postcard and for bringing people together from one end of the world to the other. My heart aches for your loss, but it's clear to see, your mum lived a beautiful life and you, well you shall live a beautiful life too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A future as a travel writer!, 5 Mar 2014
S. L. Matthews (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
60 Postcards was a lovely read as much for the evocative descriptions of Paris and New York as it was for the tender memories of the author's mum. If I am being a bit mean I got a bit over all of the asides in brackets/italics and thought that writing style was overused. However, that is being picky. I raced through this book and while it was unbearably sad at points I really enjoyed reading it and have recommended it to friends.