5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit Novel!!
Published 13 months ago by Lotte Claridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing.
I feel the series has run its course as this was very run of the mill and predictable. Nice but lacking in sparkle. Shame as I had enjoyed the other books.
Published 4 months ago by Mrs. S. Thake

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit Novel!!, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Happy Birthday, Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
I was hooked on the Austen Addicts after A Weekend With Mr Darcy. The characters are like old friends now and you feel as though you are there with them through their highs and lows. Although not a very long novel it doesn't disappoint and I am sure we will soon be able to read the continuing story of Katherine and Warwick after their big day. Thoroughly recommend this book and the others in the series too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great catch up with friends ..., 21 Sep 2013
Was really looking forward to catching up with characters that I'd grown to love from Weekend with Mr Darcy and Christmas with Mr Darcy, I loved it, just wished it was longer. My wish is that Victoria lets us know how Katherine and Warwick and Robyn and Dan are getting on. All the Mr Darcy books are filled with great characters full of warmth, humour and love. It's great to find a book we can rely on to make us feel warm inside.

"This book was provided by the publisher for a review"

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday Mr Darcy, 22 Sep 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was lovely to catch up with favourite characters in the wonderful setting of Purley Hall, the location of the Jane Austin conferences. The book is set around the wedding of two well loved characters whilst revisiting some of our favourites from other books too. This book stands alone though. You don't need to have read the others, although I would highly recommend that you do! There are surprises, misunderstandings and troublesome family and neighbours. There are unexpected guests and wedding doubts to add drama and suspense. Not to mention all the romance you'd expect to find in any Jane Austin book. The book flows very well and whilst it concludes it leaves plenty of opportunity for the series to continue. Appropriately, published the same year that Pride and Prejudice turns 200 its the perfect read for any Jane Austin or Victoria Connelly fan.
'This book was provided by the author for review'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read, 1 Dec 2013
Loved this book, I read it on holiday in a couple of days, a must for any Victoria Connelly or Austen related fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 22 Nov 2013
great for all austen addicts romantic with heros and heroins great escapist reading would recommend all the books in this series but be sure to include the one,s on kindle as they complete the story

5.0 out of 5 stars Like sinking into a lovely warm bath!, 17 Nov 2013
I was so excited when this book was released as I have been following the adventures of the Janeites from the very start. I have a huge soft spot for the gorgeous horse riding Dan (was he modelled on my boyfriend, I wonder?!) and I also have library envy when I read about Warwick and Katherine's collections. I don't think I'm giving too much away if I reveal this book is about Katherine and Warwick's own wedding and I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through. I actually completed the book during a flight to Tampa and I wasn't disappointed with the ending. As an Austen fan I loved the way the author weaves textual refereneces throughout the narrative and the plot! An lovely gentle read that Jane herself would have enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday, Mr Darcy, 13 Oct 2013
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Katherine and Warwick are getting married - Oxford professor and romantic novelist in that order. But Katherine is having second thoughts. What's it going to be like sharing her life with someone else on a permanent basis? Will she lose her identity? One thing she is sure of they are both Jane Austen addicts so they will have plenty to talk about.

This book can be read as a standalone novel but it is also the fifth volume of the author's Austen Addicts series. Fans of the earlier volumes will love this latest instalment. The wedding takes place at Purley Hall - Dame Pamela's country residence and scene of many past Jane Austen conferences. Here are all the ingredients of a light hearted romance with added Austen literary references and glimpses of favourite series characters.

I enjoyed this book very much and it kept me smiling and at times shedding a tear at some of the scenes. It has the feel good factor and will cheer you up if you are feeling down. Great entertainment if you like light romantic novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars A dreamy, romantic, perfect installment in an already incredible series, 23 Sep 2013
It was great to be back with Katherine and Warwick, this time in the lead up to their wedding day. They are such a lovely couple that I was excited to celebrate with them, especially as it was in their favorite place, Purley Hall.

All of my favorite characters were here too, Dan and Robyn (who have a gorgeous baby), Dame Pamela, Mia and Sarah so it was lovely to catch up with them and find out what they've been up to.

As with any wedding, nothing runs as smoothly as one would hope and there are times when the whole thing seems in jeopardy. That gives the story a hint of suspense and wonder, which I loved. Connelly is a master with all things romantic and Austen related and this book is no exception. The clothing the guests wear at Purley is described to perfection and made me swoon just a little. The little snippets and quotes from Jane Austen novels fit in perfectly. There really is not a hair out of place.

A dreamy, romantic, perfect installment in an already incredible series. 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Birthday, Mr Darcy, 22 Sep 2013
Victoria Connelly, a modern day Jane Austen, knows how to hook a reader with her endearing, and often infuriating, characters. But she also keeps us hooked by her wit and her observations. I love these books and the characters jump off the page to me and I get swept along with their next journey.
This book tells of the wedding of Katherine Roberts and Warwick Lawton and it takes place at none other than Purley Hall with guests awash with muslin, bonnets and cravats.
Dame Pamela is in her element with the wedding being held at Purley Hall.
Robyn who is PA to Dame Pamela is helping with the wedding preparations and is the maid of honour for Katherine and settling into her role as mother to Cassandra and wife to the handsome Dan in Horseshoe Cottage.
Dan is Warwick's best man and has lots to do including dealing with a demanding customer who requires `riding' lessons, Carmel Hudson.
Warwick has a book to complete and a sister Lily who is a well worn cynic when it came to romantic relationships (two failed marriages) to deal with all before his wedding to Katherine.
We catch up with the guests of the wedding, none other than characters from the Austen Addict books: Higgins the loyal butler, Doris Noris, Mrs Soames, Mia Castle, Shelley Quantock, Gabe and Pie.
All of this takes place in 2013 which marks the two hundredth anniversary of Pride and Prejudice. Simply perfect!
Please let there be more books to add to this collection.
'This book was provided by the author for review'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 26 May 2014