5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I will admit I never purchased this off Amazon but I do buy a lot of things of Amazon and reviews to me are important especially when purchasing costly items, so I thought as an owner of one I would write a review. I have the i5 version and to sum up this is a great product.
Published 18 months ago by steve

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible reliability and very poor service from HP
Sadly I can only give this laptop 1 star as it failed (non-recoverable) blue screen error message after only being switched on about 3 times. Before that, I also.noticed it was quite poor at picking up a.wifi signal.

The concept is a good one, but I am left unconvinced by the reliability of the SSD memory on which the operating system resides.

To...
Published 13 months ago by R. Charlton

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: HP Split 13-m110sa 13.3 inch Tablet PC with Keyboard (Intel Core i3-4010Y 1.3GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, 5400rpm, Intel HD Graphics 4400, Integrated Webcam, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
Reading reviews elsewhere some people to say that it is not really a tablet as when split in tablet mode the tablet itself is heavy. This is true but this is a combo device which means it is a laptop which can detach to become a tablet PC.
If you want to run windows applications properly and have the benefit of a full windows system then this is the right device. You can of course get windows RT which is designed for tablet devices and these tablet devices will be smaller and lighter but Microsoft have said they will probably drop windows RT in the near future, and of course with windows RT you are restricted as to what you can use from the windows store.
This device has the full blown windows 8 (with the option to upgrade to windows 8.1 free).
The device is very fast and boots up in around 3 -5 seconds and also shuts down just as quick.
It is stable and built of good quality.
Personally I design windows applications both web and desktop and I have installed MS SQL Express 2012 along with Visual Studio both Web and Desktop and these run very well and very quickly without any issues. In fact the install time was the quickest I have ever seen.
It comes with 64GB in the tablet but when docked you get the full 500GB as the docked option gives you not just the keyboard but the additional hard drive and additional battery.
Battery life is ok but again this will depend on what you are doing.
In tablet mode I have no problems with it and can watch films, read the news, weather, emails and get the full blown windows 8.1 experience. The sound quality is great. personally I use tablet mode more for leisure but when it comes to work I simply dock and get a proper powerful laptop experience.

Cons
This is not so much the device but more windows 8.1. Creating a backup using the conventional means in windows 8.1 is causing a lot of users problems. However HP provide a one time backup option. Please note that you can backup to an external DVD drive if you have one or a USB drive. If as I did you use the USB option HP backup will not recognise a drive larger than 32GB. Why? I am not sure and a bit of a pain as I purchased a 64GB usb drive just for this. However I purchased a Kingston 32GB and the HP backup worked fine. Not to worry as the 64GB USB is now working as the File History backup device on this system and working very well.

Overall as a programmer this device is excellent, I can remote into my server, but as it is windows 8 also install everything I need on the local machine. The screen is nice and bright and I have had no problems in attaching other devices such as a wireless mouse, external storage etc.

Networking is good and have had no issues with joining a home group and using media player as a shared resource from either Xbox, or other window 7 PC's and also printer sharing works fine. I also installed on a different computer windows server essential R2 and connected with the connection app and that apart from backups (windows 8.1 know issue) worked with a hitch.

I run Office 365 home premium (subscription) and this also works without an issue and connects to SkyDrive without any problems.

This is a bit of a heavy device of which some people complain about, but if you want a combo PC of which you can do more or less anything on then this meets the bill fine. I am not a games player so I cannot comment on that side of life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible reliability and very poor service from HP, 25 Jun. 2014
R. Charlton (UK) - See all my reviews

To compound things, sadly I bought directly from the HP store, whose customer service is not a patch on Amazon's, and as I have had it just over 28 days will.only offer a repair. Hp are also real pain to deal with.

Personally I wouldn't risk buying one of these devices again, but if you do take a punt, I suggest you do via Amazon and not Hp directly.

I will.keep this post updated with how things pan out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy but Classy, 29 Aug. 2014
D. Loveluck (UK) - See all my reviews
Stll early days but review so far:
Bought my HP Split from Amazon Warehouse Deals, which meant a great saving from brand new (paid under £300) but when I received the machine could not see a single mark on it and would never have known it was not box-fresh.
I will agree with the comments about it being remarkably heavy for the size, but I don't mind that at all, as it has to mean it is built to last. Build quality is outstanding, appearance is top and looks easily as nice as as the Macbook I bought 2 years ago at a much higher price.
Reason for purchase is so I can take my Web Design environment out and about with me when travelling and with clients, which was not really doable with my Lenovo Ideapad Netbook and certainly not with my iPad. The ability to have both a full laptop AND a 13.3" tablet running a full OS is brilliant and so flexible, I love it. Still need to find a good case for the screen so I can have it propped up when in tablet mode, and once that is sorted, my iPad may become obsolete

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic hybrid computer!, 25 Jun. 2014
Daniel (Reading, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
I did not buy this on Amazon, I purchased from Argos as it was only £499 with free next day delivery at the time of order.

But! It has been a pleasure to use this hybrid computer. It's surprisingly powerful and fast thanks to the Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB ram and 64GB SSD (and an extra 500GB when plugged into the keyboard). It can handle relatively demanding tasks; I am able to play games such as The Sims 3 in medium settings with no issues. The battery life is also fantastic and will last you for most of the day.

The downsides are that it is quite heavy and the trackpad can sometimes be a bit of a pain and switches between apps. But the HP Split X2 is great if you want something portable that's the best of both worlds. This is going to be perfect for university in September.

4.0 out of 5 stars HDMI makes it easy to connect to the TV, 26 Dec. 2014
Amazon Customer (Somewhere in Southern England) - See all my reviews
HDMI makes it easy to connect to the TV, also connect via USB to a NAD D 3020 and have music library stored on it.

The other half loves the tablet mode and the screen is as often in the kitchen as on the sofa :v)

One issue is that the micro SIM on the screen has stopped working and resists any attempt via driver updates etc to revive - hence 4 stars as I hoped to be able to Bluetooth to the NAD toplay music allowing tracks to be selected from the comfort of the sofa in tablet mode.

Bluetooth was a little flaky after the Windows 8.1 upgrade but I think it has settled after a driver update - but due to the MicroSIM issue it's not used often!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good 2in1, 23 Jun. 2014
Excellent piece of kit works well in both modes would highly recommend but as with most tablets not good in bright light

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Aug. 2014
Excellent ergonomics. Good performance

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the tab because ···, 20 Dec. 2013
I chose this tab because it is very good and useful to use because you can use it where ever you go·