5.0 out of 5 stars Best Laptop so far
Published 17 months ago by Harry Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay
Overall the build quality is good from HP as you would expect and it is nice looking but there are too many niggles with it e.g. the touchscreen is a bit of a gimmick and can be irritating but you still have to use the mouse pad for certain things. Of course the screen gets grease marks all over it from your fingers.

The screen has not got the clarity that I...
Published 13 months ago by Light-Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Laptop so far, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n024sa 15.6-inch Laptop (AMD Quad-Core A8-4555M, 1.6GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, Radeon HD 7600G, Integrated Webcam, DVD-RAM, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
I saw this laptop at many other stores however at a much higher price so I was amazed. I was worried about delivery but all was packed securely so nothing breaks and it's a very fast delivery. I've now had the laptop for 2 days its absolutely amazing to use and I can't believe how much it's improved from an older HP Laptop with Windows 7 I had - this is a faultless laptop and is suitable for anyone - a computer nerd or someone who has never used a laptop before.

UPDATE 30th December 2013: Still going well - however as like most touch screens I recommend you buy a microfiber cloth (But you don't need to buy any solutions or chemicals to use along with it). I wouldn't bother buying from Amazon however go to your local Tesco and pick some up for less than £1. The actual laptop is fast and with the Windows 8.1 update I completed the other day the speed has improved massively. I like the fact that Windows 8.1 has split screens which the user can change to be different sizes instead of fixed like Windows 8. Once again I really cannot fault this amazing laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to impress, 28 Jan. 2014
Mike (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
I was concerned that the 4GB of Ram may be insufficient, but after using it for a few weeks I've not really felt the need to upgrade it.

Windows 8 takes a little getting used to, but I think it would have been much harder if it wasn't for the touchscreen. It's so easy to swipe in from the right of the screen for settings etc, or swipe in from the bottom to customise or see the full list of programs etc.

It starts up in around 15 seconds, with full internet connectivity happening maybe 15-30 seconds after once the wifi connects. But you can be file hopping and whatnot very quickly.

Good laptop. Good connectivity. Have had no regrets.

AND... Before you start transferring files onto it, you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 free of charge from the windows site. It's about 3GB downloads, but its added functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic, 23 Mar. 2014
Well, what a great laptop! Never mind the price, the laptop would be amazing even if it was twice the price. Touchscreen is very responsive, sound is brilliant (loud too) and the memory you get with this laptop is amazing! 1TB!!! I have had no problems running multiple tasks, has no problem streaming both 720p and 1020p video on YouTube. Visually, the laptop is great, shiny black base with a chrome finish. Would highly recommend this laptop!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 Mar. 2014
CoogarUK (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'd been looking for a touchscreen laptop for some time but didn't think I'd find one at such a good price for a reasonable spec. Bit more RAM would have been nice but overall excellent value for what you get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top laptop for the price, 23 May 2014
For the price you can't go wrong. Much easier with touchscreen rather than using touch pad or mouse. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 27 Jan. 2014
Bought for my 11 year old.Fabulous laptop. Has a sleek and shiny look with the finish to the outside and is also a really great piece of technology. The touch screen really is something special and makes the whole thing so easy to use. Very very impressed so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars A touch screen for under £400!, 12 Feb. 2014
A great touch screen laptop, for the money it is 5 star, but remember that it is a very cheap computer so do not expect great speed. However it has a collosal terabyte hard drive. Serious value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but maybe not the best, 10 April 2015
Ms. T. Daniels "drunkenwerewolf" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I was nervous about buying a laptop from the internet as previously I've always purchased from a high street store. However, having seen this laptop for +£150 elsewhere, I couldn't resist saving with Amazon! There were a few hiccups when ordering: Amazon basically don't know anything beyond what's stated above, and I was redirected to HP's customer service for more intricate questions. This caused a problem as I wasn't actually an HP customer at that point, so getting through to someone was tricky as I had no order number. Finally, on further exploration I realised Amazon's laptop comes with a 60 day trial of Microsoft Word (whereas Comet and PC World both have the package permanently installed). This means spending around £100 on the package, making the saving minimal. I really think this should be made clearer above as without the current £100 'discount' you could end up spending more by buying with Amazon!

The laptop's a good one and it seems fairly robust - don't be put off by negative reviews claiming it's too slim and the keyboard isn't touch-type ready. I work as an audiotypist and although some of the buttons (like the delete) are slightly off, the changes are minimal and it's certainly manageable. Speed wise, it's not great. I was replacing a Toshiba which was certainly quicker when first purchased and around the same at the end of its life (despite both models professing to have the same RAM). Still, from what I experienced of HP their customer support are very helpful and I don't foresee any technical issues with the laptop.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, 15 April 2014

The screen has not got the clarity that I expected maybe because it is a touch screen. The keypad is not as good as it should be to the touch for an experienced typist also in poor lighting conditions and for anyone whose eyesight is not the best, the letters etc. are not bold enough.

Because it has been designed to be as thin as possible (WHY?) its feet only protrude by 1-2 mm and this makes it unnecessarily awkward to get your fingers underneath it in order to lift it up or put it down on a table. It feels heavy to lift and to have on your lap. We also do not like the click on the mouse pad as it is harder to press than necessary and overall is a little irritating.

My wife is an experienced touch typist and she really dislikes this machine. We both much preferred our older Compaq Laptop 2005 and even a more recent smaller HP laptop 2012.

Update: We have sent it back and bought an Asus 15.6-inch laptop 500 Gig for £250 directly from Amazon, we are much happier with it and it is much lighter and the screen resolution is much better etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy enough, 9 Nov. 2014
It fits the purpose that I bought it for, but with hindsight I'm not sure why I needed a laptop with touchscreen. It's useful for playing apps with, but if that were the main purpose for buying this, then I'd suggest you get either a more flexible laptop (detachable or rotatable keyboard) or a tablet.

Still happy with it though.