5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?
Published 20 months ago by Big Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Some good, some s***e
Published 2 months ago by tinatee

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 30 Sept. 2013
Big Jim "Big Jim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
OK, OK there have been many ska/2 tone compilations over the years, so what makes this one any better than the rest? What this particular offering does well is juxtapose the 2 tone era with the "original" ska artists amongst whom I find a few I wasn't familiar such as Justin Hands. What this album has done is to show me that there is a lot more to ska than the well known tracks most of us are familiar with and I am certainly looking forward to educating myself to see what I have been missing.

Of course if you are just after a good time, with tunes that demand at the least a toe tap or two if not embarrassing Dad dancing, then this is the stuff. You may well already have the vast majority of these tracks in your collection already but if you don't then this is a must buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars SKA and Two Tone bliss, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
Certainly the best album of its sort to date. 80s fans will be very happy with the selection that includes Madness, The Specials, The Beat, Bad Manners, The Selector Etc Etc.

Of course the roots of this music goes many years earlier and include Desmond Dekker, Millie(remenber her?) Dandy Livingstone Etc Etc.

If this is your kind of music then this is a must have for you,

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album and a big thank you to the Amazon Sales Dept., 10 May 2015
This review is from: Ska Explosion [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Apart from loving the music (it is a great album), I'm also reviewing Amazon's after sales treatment. I bought this as a Christmas present for myself but hadn't realised that I had changed my debit card but not updated my card details on my Amazon profile.

I bought the album, immediately downloaded it, then found that I hadn't been able to pay for it because of the issues with my debit card so Amazon had cancelled the order. However, I was told that I could change my card details and re-order it if I so wished. I contacted Amazon and explained that I had already downloaded the music even though they'd cancelled the order and I was willing to pay for it as by now, I had updated my debit card details.
I was told that as a good will gesture, I can keep the download and there's no need to pay. It pays to be honest. Thank you Amazon. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Album, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
This is a very good album. There are some excellent modern ska records by Madness, the Specials, the Beat, Bad Manners
etc. There are some great ska oldies such as Double Barrel and Liquidator. Many of the other Jamaican records are also good.
There are 3 CDs, so it is great value for money. A few more good records and I would have given it five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ska compilation to date!, 16 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
Great Ska collection cannot complain... Well I can a little but it's minor things. It would have been nice to have a booklet inside about Ska history. Plus song great Ska songs I would have added instead of a couple of weaker ones in this compilation but truly cannot mark down for that, it is a fantastic group of songs 9.99999999999/10

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome album - had all the great tunes I always ..., 30 Jun. 2014
I. O. Olafimihan "cameo" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
awesome album - had all the great tunes I always wanted, gave the cd to a friend for her 60th birthday and downloaded the album, I love it....

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
Cracker album. What a nice mixture of rare ska and two tone tracks on it keeps me skanking away Very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
Great mix of the best ska music! Good price and speedy delivery! Bought this for my partner and found myself listening to it just as much as him!

5.0 out of 5 stars great mix of ska tracks, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
Lots of ska albums out there but this one had the tracks I was looking for. Great packaging & a lot of songs for your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars SKA Explosion, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Ska Explosion (Audio CD)
This was bought for my granddaughter and as she asked for it I am sure she will be very pleased with it

Ska Explosion [Explicit]