5.0 out of 5 stars Wetted my appitite
Excellent book has opened my eyes about certain aspects of Freemasonary and wetted my appetite for more of the same.Oil
Published 1 month ago by Mr. R. J. Rankin

3.0 out of 5 stars Preaching to the converted but useful
I read about half of this, before I got distracted even though it was not a large work.
Written by a Freemason, it is not necessarily balanced. It simply states Newton was a Freemason without providing much evidence.
And it seems to be written for other Masons, not the general public or the sceptical scholars, who would I imagine, dismiss this kind of work...
Published on 30 Dec. 2009 by mysterioustraveller

3.0 out of 5 stars Preaching to the converted but useful, 30 Dec. 2009
However I found it useful as a source, as it covers the ground that Newton scholars leave out.
One suggestion is that since the Royal Society was itself a Masonic construct, its members, would also have been Masons.
My feeling is that what Bauer says here is probably true, Newton's obsession with the temple in Jerusalem and its size and dimensions is very typical of Masonic concerns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wetted my appitite, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Isaac Newton's Freemasonry: The Alchemy of Science and Mysticism (Kindle Edition)