5.0 out of 5 stars Taste of Darkness
Avry is desperate because Kerrick has gone missing after he is poisoned by Death Lily toxin. Even though she is the only one who still thinks he is alive after searching for weeks, she has to focus on her patients as a new type of plague seems to be arising. With people developing new powers, Avry wanting to fulfil her promise to mom and look after her patients, and...
Published 12 months ago by Amethyst Bookwyrm

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste of dreariness
This is the third novel in the Avry of Kazan series, and I had really high hopes for it. I loved the first instalment, wasn't so impressed with the second, so really wanted the third and final part to resolve all outstanding issues. I thought I was bound to love it. Sorry to say, not so much.

The problem here for me was several things. Firstly I got really...
Published 9 months ago by Sam

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Taste of Darkness (An Avry of Kazan Novel - Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I have enjoyed all the books in this series, but this one was the best. Gripping story with twists and turns. Great characters and strong story writing. Very enjoyable read and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Feb. 2014
Continuation of the story about avry and her struggles, sorting loose ends and drama. Maria v Snyder is a great story teller

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable conclusion, 29 Jan. 2014
Without giving anything away, this is exactly what you want from the finale of the trilogy. Leaves the possibility of future books either set in the same universe or using some of the same characters too - those that survive this book that is.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed to be honest . . ., 13 Mar. 2014
Miss LJ (Surrey, England United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was hoping for such great things from this book and I have to admit I was a little disappointed... It's fast paced and very very easy to read, almost to the point where there is no depth and you can guess what's going to happen next. Battle scenes and the ending seemed rushed.

Over all the book is good, the story flows but still felt a little bit rushed through. . . I read it in super fast time so there must of been something keeping me going.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Villains!, 16 Feb. 2014
I really enjoyed Ms Snyder's "Study" series - and while subsequent books have been set in different worlds - they've all had a comforting similarity. Despite the difficult issues the books have tackled, they all have a sort of "coziness" about them that I enjoy.

The Avry of Kazan series is no exception and I have been eagerly awaiting this, the final book in the trilogy.

Problem #1: The characters in this book (all of a sudden) start using modern American slang. Examples: One character asks another, "Think much?" and another insists, "I'll just deal". This is not how the characters spoke in previous novels and it's extremely annoying in a fantasy novel. I don't want to hear Aragon call Arwen a hottie. Yuk.

Problem #2: Too many villains. Tohon, Estrid. Jael, Sepp, Wynn - we've got enough already. I don't want to give too much away but another (particularly loathsome) bad guy is introduced, steals all the thunder and muddies the plot. I got the feeling he wasn't in the original plan, he felt a bit of a DEM.

The Good Stuff: Ryne remains slippery - he's never all nobility - most of our merry band get their HEAs and we find out just what exactly happens to the good-time-girls who get nabbed by the purity squad.

The ending was a bit sickly for my taste (and I like a HEA!) with one of the realms getting a new (and OTT) name.

I'll try the next series but can't help but feel a bit disappointed in how this one wrapped up.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a can't put down book, 1 Sept. 2014
I loved this trilogy, each book was very captivating and unlike other trilogies they could have almost been stand alone. (I hate when you get to the end of a book and it stops dead.) You are aware that the story of Avry and Kerrick is separated into three distinct sections and each time you are left despairing that everything is conspiring to keep them apart. This book was by far my most favourite as it was fast paced and answered the questions raised throughout all three such as who started the plague and how they found a cure. The additional characters worked well into the story too and you found yourself worrying for their safety. I'd love to see this story going forward with Danny and the Northern tribes. Well done to the author what a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maria Snyders books are excellent. Often going down an unexpected road, 30 July 2014
The Allie beckstrom books are what I call relaxing reading in the respect that the characters are well written and not too many that confusion sets in, I usually have one with me wherever I go so that I have entertainment at all times.

Maria Snyders books are excellent. Often going down an unexpected road. A really good read for anyone who likes fantasy.

Sally was a genuine read. Very moving a really talented young lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderfully colourful novel, 15 July 2014
Maria's talents are boundless. I absolutely LOVE her books, and not one lets you down as a reader, delving into a world you wish you could live in yourself. I would highly recommend her books to anyone and everyone I meet who is as fanatic about the fantastical as I am!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant books, well worth reading!, 9 July 2014
Maria V. Snyder is a fantastic writer, I will be watching for any further novels. I've thoroughly enjoyed every book she has written as have my family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014