4.0 out of 5 stars Tragically Flawed
Riviera Benson has been dealt a pretty rubbish hand in life, abused in her family home since the age of 12, she manages to run away but by the age of 17, replaces a rubbish home life with another abusive relationship at the hands of her partner Jasper. She stays with him for 4 years until something inside snaps.
The storyline starts out with Riviera getting one...
Published 17 months ago by Teaney

2.0 out of 5 stars Reads like a fanfiction
I like the topic of this book and some of it was quite good despite the oddly named characters throughout (which was a bit of a problem as the author said the characters names in nearly every line of dialogue.) Think about it, how often do we call our partners by their full names when speaking to them? It was more than a tad distracting.

Almost the entire story...
Published 15 months ago by Guitargirl

4.0 out of 5 stars Tragically Flawed, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
The storyline starts out with Riviera getting one final beating from Jasper and exacting revenge - in a fairly dignified manner, before fleeing across the country to start a new life in Colorado. There she falls into the arms of Benjamin Shandon - AKA Shan - who is a very successful property developer/constructor and Riviera is his decorator. They both fall for each other pretty hard, but both have a history that they have to deal with and work through.
Through Riviera's therapy sessions, you get to understand more behind Riviera's history and TBH I couldn't help feel that she really deserved the break and the HEA. This really is Riviera's story IMO and you don't get to understand Shan too much. He was a bit volatile, snapping one minute and then all lovey-dovey the next, but one thing that was not in doubt was the intense passion he felt for Riviera - good for her!
It was a good book, great concept, sensitively written about DV - I love a romance and enjoyed Riviera and Shan getting together, some of the sex scenes when they got it on and they did get it on A LOT(!) were a bit repetitive.
Well worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars You won't want to put this down when you start it., 26 Oct. 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
First I've got to say that 390 pages for 49p was excellent value for money, secondly I'll have to say that 390 pages went rather quickly, it's a read you find you don't want to put down. This is a read that absorbs you in straight away. You feel each and every blow from Jasper towards to Riv and you feel her absolute terror when faced with an angry Shan and other situations. God but Riv's character was written pretty much flawlessly, same too for Shan, heck all the characters you come across reach your brain loud and clear. Some might argue that Riv's trauma was dragged out, I would absolutely disagree, I felt each and every episode was relevant not knowing how she was going to deal with certain things added to the angst.

As for the sex scenes, well what can I say, written well and sexy as hell as was their blossoming romance.

The start of the this book totally grabs you, Marsha Sue has your palm twitching for some action, Shan has your head shaking at his temper, Jasper has your mouth wide open at what he is doing and Riv has your eyes watering from what's she dealing with and then recovering from. The middle of this book though is where it lost half a star for me, it kinda dragged a little, not a great deal but I did feel slowed up just a smidge. The last quarter picked right back up again and although you knew what was coming really, it didn't detract at all from the fact it wasn't a surprise, my only gripe would be I don't think the it was fully wrapped up how it should have been, there were some trails left open and I didn't like that. Unless this has been done on purpose and there's a book two which in all honesty I hope not. I hope that this was their full story but I can see it being taken further.

I look forward to reading more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book. Lots of twists and turns in the plot. Was nice to read a book which had a sound storyline, rather than just focusing on the sex scenes. Written with compassion and understanding of domestic abuse and its aftermath.

2.0 out of 5 stars Reads like a fanfiction, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)

Almost the entire story read like a fanfiction rather than a real book. The peripheral characters were seriously underdeveloped giving a very one dimensional tale, and the male lead (Shan) came across as either simpering girl, or a grandfather figure. The guy honestly never shut up, and needed gagging. Very few guys come across as therapist, lover and girlfriend all in one role and I found him completely nauseating. The love scenes were predictable using all the usual phrases such as 'come for me' 'you're so wet for me' and 'open your eyes' as well as simultaneous orgasms. It was all very predictable, as was the ending.

I feel that the author was trying to write a real book AND a fairytale all in one cover, and it just didn't work. I feel she would be better to concentrate on taking out the romance and write Rivieras life story, as the gritty side of her writing definitely held promise. The love story part just read as a poorly written and cheesy script.

I would recommend that the author read 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' before writing another male love interest. Shan was definitely written by a woman as his dialogue was entirely female which made him unbelievable and sadly laughable.

The entire book also needs editing as there are a number of spelling mistakes, and it needs a fair bit of rework. If you are going to buy this book I suggest getting the kindle edition rather than the paperback version as it's not worth the full price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tragically flawed, 23 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic a must read!! Amazingly written and a great story, I could not put this book down. Strongly recommended. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put the book down!, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
This book is amazing! Once I had got in to it, I really struggled to put it down! You'll enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
I've had this book since it was released and I've read it more times than I can count. It's easy to fall in love with the characters and the story takes you on a ride along with it. I would have liked an epilogue where Marsha Sue gets her comeuppance. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone and will certainly be recommending this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tragically Flawed, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
Five Stars because it was so good, a page turner at its best I loved all the characters not so much the names I would hate to be called Riviera (I'm. with her on that one), but I give it 10/10
My thanks for entertaining me keep them coming, I recommend
This as an excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tragic series, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
Exciting and fast paced. Second book in series I have read since I got the order wrong but totally stands alone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1) (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put this book down till I finished, I would give it more stars if I could.
Very emotional and gives hope to other abuse victims that can be survivors

Tragically Flawed (Tragic #1)