5.0 out of 5 stars HONEST ADVERTISING MAKES ME HAPPY!
I felt cheated for buying a 22,400mAh power bank from EC Technology only to find that in real world terms it only had 12,000mAh of usable charge. One bad review and refund later, i bought myself the 15,000mAh power bank from TeckNet (with a stated efficiency of 89%) meaning i would get about 13,000mAh of USABLE charging power.

Having used this device for a few...
Published 6 months ago by Martin Dulguerov

I used this battery pack with cable that was supplied with and once with my original Nokia cable
Why did I use Nokia cable? to check if it's gonna charge as slow as with the supplied one - and yes, it did!
Published 8 months ago by Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars HONEST ADVERTISING MAKES ME HAPPY!, 5 Sept. 2014

Having used this device for a few months now i am very happy with it and have never been caught short with my devices.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 battery has a capacity of 3200mAh, and i can charge it 4 times with this power bank.

The 2.1Amp socket allows me to charge my Note 3 as fast as if it was plugged into the mains - something that was VERY important to me, as i was going on a road trip and found that normal car chargers provided under 1Amp of power, which actually meant that the phone was using more power (whilst acting as a SatNav) than the charger provided - so my battery level went down regardless of being plugged in.

Having 2.1Amps of power meant that not only was my battery level NOT going down, but it would actually charge, regardless of what i was using my phone for.

The other thing about this power bank that i really loved is the stated efficiency (89%), as a power bank is only as useful as it's capacity, and as i found with the EC Technology 22,400mAh power bank, capacity isn't everything - all it meant was that it would take AGES to charge, without actually having more USEFUL capacity than this TeckNet 15,000mAh one.

Overall, i am very happy with this charger, it does the job well and for £27 in total (£1.93 per USABLE 1,000mAh) i am satisfied.

I will report back in a few months to comment on how it's capacity has held out over time.
If you have any questions, let me know and i'll answer as best i can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 15 April 2014
Works perfectly! I have used it abroad as a backup for my iPhone 5 and charges it very quickly! Good size, fits easily in your pocket with your phone. For an iphone5 you will get about 2-3 charges depending on your level of battery. The torch is very bright and runs off of the charged battery! The glass for the torch is a little flimsy but thats not what you bought it for. Has that legit, authentic feel about it too for such a low price. I love it, take it around with me everywhere.

No complaints here, have recommended several times and would again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The nuclear powered marine commando of back up batteries., 28 Sept. 2014
I've had iPhones for a while (which means I am no stranger to be mid afternoon charge up) since there is little worse than being out on a night out and having your phone completely die on you. Over the years I've had numerous backup battery type solutions to keep my phone going for extended periods. This is without question the best I have had to date. It will charge an iPhone from near flat to full numerous times (5 times) which makes it perfect to take on holidays such as weekend camping or festivals etc. it would even charge an iPad from flat to full and then your iPhone twice more. Whilst I'm sure it's quite possible to run this completely flat i've never actually managed it. It has two USB outputs 2 & 1 amp and you can use both at the same time. (even while charging it back up) - Great for when you are abroad and only one UK socket adapter and two devices which need charging. One final piece of Genius this device has is a torch...that might sound like nothing but when you consider you're looking to charge of your device at a festival it's usually dark and the device has no power therefore no light either to see the cables you need to plug in. Slip this inside a rucksack for you next camping trip or your laptop bag for your next business trip and you won't be caught short without power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase in a long time, 3 July 2014
Quality product, I've tested it out and so far it has charged my iphone 5 from dead 7 times and still has juice. Very handy to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, it's reliable and it's simple to use., 11 Oct. 2014
Bought one of these more in hope than expectation but it has been brilliant. Cord I got was for iphone 4, but it uses. USB connection so a normal iphone 5 charger cable can be plugged in so I can use it with my ipad too. It came with about 50% charge which was fantastic as I used it the same day it arrived. It seems to charges fully in less than an hour and charges the mobile very quickly. Recently I needed my ipad for a conference and when I came to it in the morning I discovered that the wall charge hadn't worked because the socket was off. The battery had only 2%. It didn't matter, the TeckNet did the job and by the time I was sitting down at the conference about 90 minutes later I had 50% battery. It's not particularly light, but it works and it's incredibly simple. Can't ask for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 19 Sept. 2013
I recently bought the TeckNet iEP1200mAH External Power Bank as I was going camping over the weekend and needed somewhere to charge my phone. It was the best thing I have bought on amazon for a while as not only did I have enough power to charge my HTC One I was able to charge my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy S3 plus her sister's and partners IPhone's. Within the box you get enough adapters to fit pretty much all electrical devices and it comes with a handy little pouch so you can store it safely without fear you are going to damage it. The power pack charges your devices pretty rapidly as I found out. I didn't charge my stuff over night, I charged it in the morning before we set out which was enough time to charge the devices ready for us all to have fully charged phones for the day ahead. In total I must of used the charger more than 5 times and I still had some juice left in the pack when I returned home. If you are thinking about buying an external charger pack I would definitely recommend this one as its a great buy not bulky as it can fit in your pocket and it does the job.

Great buy, overjoyed with my purchase.

Thanks TeckNet.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most useful brick i own - 3 people I lent it too have now bought their own - we need a commission structure!, 9 Dec. 2014
Jono "-jono" (london, england) - See all my reviews
iPhones are great, you can go anywhere in the world and get GPS, Maps, Games, Email.. and sometimes even phone reception if you are lucky.

All this technology in such a compact space comes at a cost however - It doesn't last long.

The bi-daily charging as you frantically try to turn off wifi, or work out which app is draining power over GPRS might be a really fun game for hermits, but the crushing reality of the situation if you travel and are away from power sources is; it's going to die on you when you need it most.

after 3 months of ownership, I reckon on having around 8-9 full charges on this thing each time before I have to charge it up again overnight.

It's come around the world with me, and i've been so impressed... it's prompted me to write a review.

It's a brick, but a fantastic brick with lights on which I seldom leave home without.

As a restless individual who usually ends up on the red eye flights, I don't sleep. This experience is greatly improved by listening to music to drown out the heavy breathing and occasional *Just woke myself up snore* of my accidental new friend who's fallen asleep on my shoulder for the flight. (Those pesky sleep anywhere/anytime people).

The problem with this (other than strangers drooling on your shoulder) is that on more than one occasion it has left me at an airport with 10% battery, needing to get from A to B via public transport I've never used, to get to towns I can't pronounce, using money that doesn't look real, surrounded by people who have the most miraculous ability not to understand place names in their own city, when pronounced horribly in an english accent, accompanied by a pained, longing (perhaps even desperate) expression.

Suddenly the brick I carry around with me springs to life! (that's perhaps an exaggeration of its activity, it doesn't really have any moving parts.)

The flashing blue lights and quick vibrate of the phone give me the confidence not only to look up my route on google maps, but fill me with the bravado and cockiness to frivolously leave keep gps and google maps on so i can repeatedly check i'm going the right way, all whilst listening to music, or composing that email i promised myself i'd do before i got to the airport.

Plus points:
• 8-9 full charges of an iPhone 5
• Can charge 2 devices simultaneously.
• Can charge whilst your phone is also drawing current, so if you use maps/satnav - the power gain is stronger than drain so you don't end up losing battery.

Negative Points:
• It has the power of 8-9 iPhones, because it weights about that much. (If the iPhones were made entirely of lead.)

Now.. As far as negatives go, i find this a moot point if buying for the right reasons, but one worth mentioning.

If you are looking for a little extra charge to see you through the last half hour of the day on facebook, because your jerk of a boss has blocked social media on the office computers to "increase productivity" - or to throw in your clutch bag for a night out with the girls, this is probably overkill for you.

If you travel a lot, cannot guarantee that you'll have power for 3 days, or like to go to festivals, and have arms like Mike Tyson, you are in business. (I've emphasised the weight a lot - but it really isn't that bad if its in your bag)

Thanks to this cheeky little number, I've been unduly promoted to "hero" status at a few festivals now, and It reminds me of an old proverb;

If you buy a girl a drink, she's your's for a few minutes.
If you charge her phone, you have the better part of 20-40minutes, (depending on what level of battery she deems sufficient before she is ready to chance getting home.)

*Disclaimer: Satire doesn't translate internationally, I in no way condone using this product to pick up women.

2.0 out of 5 stars it's ok if you want a torch and have over 4hrs to charge your phone, 28 Jun. 2014
They're saying it's 3000mAh, but please, do not believe in that, as my Lumia 920 has battery capacity only 2200mAh and this has only managed to charge from 9% to 98% so not even one full charge
I like the design and the torch is a nice addition, but I'm just annoyed by lies regarding capacity and the charging time is just not right, as the last thing I want is to have that attached for over 4hrs to my phone (charging rate was only 23%, where standard original charger will charge my phone in under 2hrs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backup battery for all your gadgets on the go., 10 May 2014
I bought this power bank to support my phone usage for an all day trip. So far it has performed flawlessly. It charged up my phone just as fast as a normal wall charger with the supplied 0.5m USB cable. There is a single mini USB input socket at the top. There are two USB output sockets with 1A and 2.1A outputs which are clearly labelled. The button to start charging is recessed in the side so there is little chance of it accidentally being pressed. If it is pressed without a device attached it automatically shuts off after about 10 seconds.

It is relatively heavy though due to the large capacity so it may pull down a bit in a coat pocket. On my kitchen scales it came in at 306g.

1.0 out of 5 stars Look elsewhere...unreliable and questionable build quality., 12 Jan. 2015
I purchased the 13000mAh pack before going on Honeymoon. I figured this would be the best way to avoid getting caught short with a dead phone/camera battery. The build quality seemed good and capacity was great! I charged my iPhone 5 3 or 4 times from 20% or less and still had life left in the pack! My only criticism was that USB leads do not sit well in the ports, they are not snug as they would normally be with a laptop, and sit out a bit from the ports. Within a week or so I began to notice the unit switching itself off when it should have been charging my devices. I gave it the benefit of the doubt for a few days before beginning to worry about what might happen on the trip, so I returned it. I got a refund lightning fast which was great!

Encouraged by the service and still needing a pack, I opted for the smaller 9000mAh unit, hoping that maybe the design would be a better and a bit more pocketable. I brought this away with me and was disappointed to find the same thing happening. On a couple of occasions I thought my devices were charging, and when I checked, the pack had switched itself off and my devices were still in the red.

I have also since discovered that the 2.1 amp output is now damaged. The metal housing just inside the port which holds the USB connection came loose within the pack and no longer functions. To be clear, I am very careful with my devices. I had both the pack and my phone in an inside coat pocket unless charging on a table. Both ports facing up, so there was no weight or pressure on them and using a short lead.

I am so disappointed by the performance of this device I cannot describe. I am now looking for an alternative from a reputable company, like Anker, Jackery or Rav Power. This device is too unreliable to be worth spending your money on. I will not be purchasing any TeckNet products in future.