5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone.
The phone was delivered within 2 days since I ordered it first class. I'm really pleased with it and it makes a nice change from my old android phone which I've had for nearly 5 years. It came with a lightning charging cable, a USB plug and earphones. But since it doesn't come with a screen protector I suggest getting one along with a case on amazon.
I'm not going to...
Published 10 months ago by Matt

1.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but not unlocked
Amazon service brilliant but let down by seller as phone not genuine uk stock but was locked to a Hong Kong company - received it very quickly but taking it in to check all was ok at the apple store was very disappointed but not as much as my daughter would have been on Xmas day - phone was not unlocked at all so would have been unable to use with the SIM card I had...
Published 14 months ago by bremner3368

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised!, 11 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Apple iPhone 5c 16GB White SIM-Free Smartphone (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
These are sold as new and are not! Had to take it to the Apple store as volume buttons would not work and phone had previously been sold 5 months earlier and fixed with non genuine parts therefore voiding warranty. Be very careful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Free upgrade from 5C to 5S through AppleCare service, 6 Feb. 2015
Mr. Nigel D. Freeney "Nigel F" (Somerset) - See all my reviews
I have owned about 10 iPhones including the iPhone 3, 3S, 4, 5, 5C and 5S as well as iPad 2, 3, Mini and iPad Air 2. The build quality of all these items has been consistently high with the exception of the 5C which appears to have a fundamental design flaw. The 5C is the only device that has a wrap around back into which the main phone body sits. After about 5 months use the Pink 5C we had developed a badly seated area in the bottom right of the phone which when pressed would cause a clicking sound. This was replaced via AppleCare with a refurbished model (made as new). Unfortunately this has an area on the top left of the phone which creaked when pressed. After a long discussion with senior support where I discussed a possible design flaw. I requested a replacement of a 5S rather than another faulty 5C. I was told that Apple never ever do this. I accepted that I would have to "play the game" and accept at least one more replacement which I did. On receiving this, before even taking the protective plastic off, I pressed all the edges between thumb and forefinger and discovered that pressing the top right of the phone created a reproducible tinking noise like touching two glasses together. I contact senior support again and they had considered replacing this with a new 5C (not refurbished), but of course they are no longer being made! So then I was offered a free replacement of a 5S which I have accepted.

Great news... I have received the free upgrade today brand new (Not a refurbished new!)

5.0 out of 5 stars C IS FOR COLOUR, 8 Oct. 2013
I don't know why I love Apple. Obsessed? I have been using iPhone 4 for the last 2 years or so. Missed 4s and 5 but I know them from friends'. Upgrade time now. Waiting for 5s. But these new colourful batch of 5c caught my attention. Could not think of anything else. OCD thing? And finally here I am with my choice of this beautiful blue 16GB iPhone 5c.

The latest upgraded version in iPhone is 5s after the previous one 5. This 5c is just a slight modification to 5. You can always check and compare the technical specification on Apple or Amazon or other sites. They say its back is made of plastic but it doesn't look like it. It's very shiny and smooth that can be scratched or slipped from your hand easily. Need one protective case immediately. It's slim, light, tall and sexy. With default IOS7 blue screen looks very cool. Enough of black and white world of iPhones. I feel colourful.

BEWARE -
Although it didn't happen to me, many buyers have issues with iPhones bought from Amazon. Because they are sold by sellers and not Amazon directly. Issues are like,
- 'UNLOCKED' phones turn to be 'LOCKED' to one network.
- 'OPENED' phones are sold as 'NEW'.
- Phones are 'USA' version which may cause issues with 'UK' sims.
These phones are usually non-refundable once opened from the box. And without opening and using, you won't know what's going on. So just be careful!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 16 Dec. 2013
very good for the price paid has everything i want on the phone woul recomend 5 star great great great

5.0 out of 5 stars More orange than pink! :), 30 Oct. 2014
Fast delivery. Great phone at a good price. Pleased I went for the 16GB as friends have had problems installing software updates on 8GB due to not enough memory. The colour is more orange than pink but once I'd put a protective case on you can't really see the colour anyway. I've been using it for 2 months and so far I haven't had any problems. Very pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Still pricey though for what it is., 9 Oct. 2014
C. Lanham (Wakefield, England) - See all my reviews
Having recently changed from a string of Android phones back to iOS after a bit of a lay off (my last one was a 3GS) I bought a cheap used iPhone 4S. Reason being my Xperia Z was practically melting in my pocket after Sony screwed up an update and then between them and Google failed to fix it (Google Play Services anyone?). All was well until iOS 8 came out and I quickly found that the ageing hardware in the 4S was nowhere near good enough to keep up. Endless lag and crashing showed that my cheap purchase needed to be replaced in order to not be thrown out of the window. A 3.5" screen also didn't help, neither did 16GB as both are insufficient these days but as I say it was an emergency purchase and a way of getting shot of Android as I'd grown weary of the naff way manufacturers deal with it. So I found a used 5C in white (32GB) in good condition and got it.

First impressions were excellent. The plastic build actually feels really nice and it feels more substantial (in a good way)than my GF's 5s which is thinner, lighter, easier to scratch etc. Performance wise, I wasn't expecting it to be as much of a leap over the 4S as it was, with the 5c sharing most of its internals with the old iPhone 5 but I was wrong - it flies. Even with iOS 8, which was horrendous on the 4S to be frank.

Also the extra screen real estate makes a real difference and having had 5" and 4.7" screens with Android I felt much more at home with this than the 3.5" of the 4S. In fact it's much more "single handed use" friendly than the bigger handsets and the curved plastic back sits in the hand nicely, being more grippy than the metal backed 5S my other half has. Actually she prefers my phone and I get the feeling wants to swap.....

The change to a lightning connector is a bit of a pain (albeit overdue I guess) as they're pricey and you can't get fakes that will charge the phone due to the MFI process Apple have in place. Plus they insist on not using Micro USB like everyone else does, however micro USB is flimsy (I've had several devices where the port has either failed completely or refuses to transfer data) and can only be put in one way. Lightning does feel nifty in comparison but it's yet another set of cables and chargers to purchase. Sigh.

I'm not going to go into the whole Android vs iOS debate as it's horses for courses. I've had both - went from Nokia Symbian S60 to iOS then to Android and now back to iOS and it's a personal preference. Also had a play with Windows Phone and whilst that felt slick and nippy (almost the best of both worlds between iOS and Android) the lack of apps was a show stopper, plus I tried it pre 8.1 and that was lacking in many areas which I hear have been tackled.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful!, 19 Feb. 2015
Got the phone very promptly (as I chose express delivery), HOWEVER, not much use if it doesn't work, is there?? Tried to charge it for hours through several sockets and devices and pushed many times the switch on button, but nothing worked. Absolutely gutted with this product. Not buying a phone online ever again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seemed like secondhand goods, 4 Nov. 2013
Dont get me wrong the iPhone its self is great, it was delivered in a jiffy bag, not sealed in its plastic box, all the contents were loose inside sounded like a bag of washers, the void if removed stickers where also removed. Looked really messy, the one thing that upset and annoyed me was this was a birthday present for my partner and i didn't have time to purchase another, the supplier offered me a refund or a 10% discount not a replacement, Wow, i had no choice to accept the discount, I'm still waiting for the refund. after buying some lighter fluid all the reminance of the void stickers have come off, these were taken off prior to posting to me by the supplier. The plastic apple box now looks presentable and not second hand, i will never again purchase goods from any supplier accept Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iPhone, 13 Feb. 2014
I bought this iPhone for my daughter at Christmas, seller was true to their word, arrived in plenty of time for Christmas. Came boxed with every thing in it. This is the first time I have bought anything from amazon and I wasn't disappointed. Would recommend it to any one great job guys. My daughters face on Christmas Day was a great pleasure to watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent smartphone, 24 Jan. 2014
A bit more expensive but well worth it. Easy to use and holds its battery charge quite well in comparison to other similar phones.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›