5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published 9 months ago by She Loves To Read

3.0 out of 5 stars good fun
This was a very funny book in parts. Did not like how he put down the NHS quite a lot. Felt that bit wrong
Published 10 months ago by Pen Name

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Diary Of A ... Father: Year one Boxset (Kindle Edition)
Pete is the author I always go to when I want to laugh and have an easy read. His books are full to the brim with sarcasm, humour and a brilliant story line. Following on from his incredibly successful Idiot Reviews, Pete wrote The Diary Of An Expectant father and then a sequel called The Diary Of A Hapless Father and he combined them into a boxset which I grabbed on Amazon during its free promotional period.
I was so glad I did!
Pete had yet again written books that blow you away. His sense of humour is just spot on and I was laughing after the first few pages after hearing the way the main character's girlfriend takes a pregnancy test. It was just brilliant. I loved the main character of these diaries (or the diary owner), Graham, and his honesty about the fears of pregnancy and seeing it from a male point of view was unique and actually quite eye opening!
The diaries are laid out in an easy to read and suitable format, which was quite exciting as it made you feel like you were snooping around Graham's secret diary! There is a good `storyline' if you can call it that, which runs throughout both of the diaries. We learn about Graham's work life, his work colleagues, his parents and the Alison, the mother of his child. The relationship between Alison and Graham was realistic and quite hilarious at times.
Pete's writing style is easy to read which is perfect because you can snuggle up with this book and not have to focus too hard on what you're reading and you can get totally lost in the story. I found myself racing through the first diary and being eager to start the second one.
If I'm not wrong, I think Pete is planning on writing another book in this series so I look forward to that one greatly. It will be great to see where Graham and Alison are now and how Graham is coping with fatherhood, judging by the past two books he's struggling a little!!
A fun, frank and often funny look at the journey of fatherhood from the first pregnancy test to the first nappy. Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars easy reading, 27 Jan 2014
Composed as short diary entries makes this a very quick book to read. I enjoyed reading from the perspective of the father and although it is not always "laugh out loud" it puts a smile on your face. Worth a read

4.0 out of 5 stars The diary of a, 26 Oct 2013
Still really enjoy it, we go through the birth from the mans view. Loved the first one, loved the second one and can't wait for the next one. Still found myself laughing out loud at this book, and read in just one sitting. I liked that now the books are available as a box set, as both books are quite short together as the box set makes it a good size read, having said that can't wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 25 Oct 2013
As a new parent I found the book easy to relate to. Although very simply written I found it enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fab fab, 10 Jan 2014
This was funny, it was poignant. It made me laugh, it made me cry. Everything I want from a good rom com and, even though he was a bit of a loser, I found myself falling for Graham, the protagonist. I wanted great things to happen for him. It's an unusual love story, in that love seems to seep into him through the pregnancy and it takes him a while to realise what he's feeling. I enjoyed being on that journey with him. Can't wait to read the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Father diary, 8 Dec 2013
I enjoyed this book. It was unusual as it was about the male point of view about pregnancy and birth, most books about the subject are about the woman and her problems. I would recommend it to any father to be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good quick read, two short books., 23 Oct 2013
Mrs. Julie Holt "Julie Haigh" (West Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This is a set of two quite short books. I actually got these singularly first when they were free in the amazon.co.uk 100 free bestseller lists. If I had paid for them I might have felt a bit 'short-changed' as some books at the same price can be three or four hundred pages long. These books are only about a hundred pages long. It was a good read though. I was unsure at first-in the first part of the diary of an expectant father there were some moments where I felt a bit sick reading it-and yes- I have been through pregnancy and birth-there were just some yakky moments. Also-who in their right mind does a pregnancy test in a photo booth and just makes water in there? Why could they not wait until they got home and done it in their own bathroom in privacy. Maybe this was done for 'more comedy' but it just made me think about giving up on the book. After that the writing really flowed and changed character somewhat and I couldn't put it down to find out what happened next. Just when it's got going it ends, before you expect it to but all is not lost because the author has also written a follow up, which I also got when it was free so I started reading that straight after. This is a good read too. There are some comedy moments and also some deeper issues in the second book which really get your emotions going but this is all too brief. Yet again in the amazon free bestsellers-I found the two books in a kindle set and I think this works better as two in one go. Especially if you had been paying for the book/s also if you got the first one and didn't know about the second it would just seem to end in the middle of nowhere. So three stars for the single edition books but for the combined set-that deserves four stars. Well worth a read, especially if you want a quicker, easier read inbetween other longer books which are more heavy-going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 9 Oct 2013
I love "life from the blokes side" books and this box set did not disappoint. So funny, endearing and basically un-put-downable. Will read more by this author for sure.

3.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 25 Oct 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars not a bad wee book, 11 April 2014
Brought back lots of memories easy reading and fun,about to go through it all again so hopefully be better at it this time round .