5.0 out of 5 stars HONEST ADVERTISING MAKES ME HAPPY!
I felt cheated for buying a 22,400mAh power bank from EC Technology only to find that in real world terms it only had 12,000mAh of usable charge. One bad review and refund later, i bought myself the 15,000mAh power bank from TeckNet (with a stated efficiency of 89%) meaning i would get about 13,000mAh of USABLE charging power.

Having used this device for a few...
Published 3 months ago by Martin Dulguerov

1.0 out of 5 stars it was really waste of money
after a month of using its just stop working, i cant turn it on even if its full charge. it was really waste of money.
Published 5 months ago by SANA

5.0 out of 5 stars HONEST ADVERTISING MAKES ME HAPPY!, 5 Sep 2014
This review is from: TeckNet® PowerZen 15000mAh USB External Battery with BLUETEK™ Technology, Mobile Phone Power Pack, High Capacity Portable Battery Charger (Dual 5V 3.4A USB Output) for Apple iPhone 5S/5C/5, iPad mini 2/1, iPad 5/4 (Lightning Cable not Provided), iPhone 4S, iPad 3/2/1; Samsung Galaxy, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Having used this device for a few months now i am very happy with it and have never been caught short with my devices.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 battery has a capacity of 3200mAh, and i can charge it 4 times with this power bank.

The 2.1Amp socket allows me to charge my Note 3 as fast as if it was plugged into the mains - something that was VERY important to me, as i was going on a road trip and found that normal car chargers provided under 1Amp of power, which actually meant that the phone was using more power (whilst acting as a SatNav) than the charger provided - so my battery level went down regardless of being plugged in.

Having 2.1Amps of power meant that not only was my battery level NOT going down, but it would actually charge, regardless of what i was using my phone for.

The other thing about this power bank that i really loved is the stated efficiency (89%), as a power bank is only as useful as it's capacity, and as i found with the EC Technology 22,400mAh power bank, capacity isn't everything - all it meant was that it would take AGES to charge, without actually having more USEFUL capacity than this TeckNet 15,000mAh one.

Overall, i am very happy with this charger, it does the job well and for £27 in total (£1.93 per USABLE 1,000mAh) i am satisfied.

I will report back in a few months to comment on how it's capacity has held out over time.
If you have any questions, let me know and i'll answer as best i can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 15 April 2014
Works perfectly! I have used it abroad as a backup for my iPhone 5 and charges it very quickly! Good size, fits easily in your pocket with your phone. For an iphone5 you will get about 2-3 charges depending on your level of battery. The torch is very bright and runs off of the charged battery! The glass for the torch is a little flimsy but thats not what you bought it for. Has that legit, authentic feel about it too for such a low price. I love it, take it around with me everywhere.

No complaints here, have recommended several times and would again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 29 July 2014
J. Brett (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini and it gives me peace of mind when out and about, before I can return to mains power. I recommended this to my brother for his full size S3 and 7 inch Samsung tablet. He bought an identical one (price had dropped a little so even better).
Seems an ideal compromise between size, weight and capacity (for a couple of days' use).
I did notice that the 2.1A socket only charges my phone with the TeckNet supplied cable. The original Samsung USB cable only works with the 1.0A socket. I haven't bothered getting a multimeter out to see what's going on with the cables, but I believe it's the way the data pair are connected (or otherwise) and the resistance between them that signals to the phone that it can indeeed use 2.1A. The Samsung cable gets left at home. The anomaly exists with a 2.1A capable Apple mains charger I aquired too, so it's the USB specification.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase in a long time, 3 July 2014
Quality product, I've tested it out and so far it has charged my iphone 5 from dead 7 times and still has juice. Very handy to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars The nuclear powered marine commando of back up batteries., 28 Sep 2014
I've had iPhones for a while (which means I am no stranger to be mid afternoon charge up) since there is little worse than being out on a night out and having your phone completely die on you. Over the years I've had numerous backup battery type solutions to keep my phone going for extended periods. This is without question the best I have had to date. It will charge an iPhone from near flat to full numerous times (5 times) which makes it perfect to take on holidays such as weekend camping or festivals etc. it would even charge an iPad from flat to full and then your iPhone twice more. Whilst I'm sure it's quite possible to run this completely flat i've never actually managed it. It has two USB outputs 2 & 1 amp and you can use both at the same time. (even while charging it back up) - Great for when you are abroad and only one UK socket adapter and two devices which need charging. One final piece of Genius this device has is a torch...that might sound like nothing but when you consider you're looking to charge of your device at a festival it's usually dark and the device has no power therefore no light either to see the cables you need to plug in. Slip this inside a rucksack for you next camping trip or your laptop bag for your next business trip and you won't be caught short without power.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, it's reliable and it's simple to use., 11 Oct 2014
Bought one of these more in hope than expectation but it has been brilliant. Cord I got was for iphone 4, but it uses. USB connection so a normal iphone 5 charger cable can be plugged in so I can use it with my ipad too. It came with about 50% charge which was fantastic as I used it the same day it arrived. It seems to charges fully in less than an hour and charges the mobile very quickly. Recently I needed my ipad for a conference and when I came to it in the morning I discovered that the wall charge hadn't worked because the socket was off. The battery had only 2%. It didn't matter, the TeckNet did the job and by the time I was sitting down at the conference about 90 minutes later I had 50% battery. It's not particularly light, but it works and it's incredibly simple. Can't ask for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 19 Sep 2013
I recently bought the TeckNet iEP1200mAH External Power Bank as I was going camping over the weekend and needed somewhere to charge my phone. It was the best thing I have bought on amazon for a while as not only did I have enough power to charge my HTC One I was able to charge my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy S3 plus her sister's and partners IPhone's. Within the box you get enough adapters to fit pretty much all electrical devices and it comes with a handy little pouch so you can store it safely without fear you are going to damage it. The power pack charges your devices pretty rapidly as I found out. I didn't charge my stuff over night, I charged it in the morning before we set out which was enough time to charge the devices ready for us all to have fully charged phones for the day ahead. In total I must of used the charger more than 5 times and I still had some juice left in the pack when I returned home. If you are thinking about buying an external charger pack I would definitely recommend this one as its a great buy not bulky as it can fit in your pocket and it does the job.

Great buy, overjoyed with my purchase.

Thanks TeckNet.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most useful brick i own - 3 people I lent it too have now bought their own - we need a commission structure!, 9 Dec 2014
Jono "-jono" (london, england) - See all my reviews
iPhones are great, you can go anywhere in the world and get GPS, Maps, Games, Email.. and sometimes even phone reception if you are lucky.

All this technology in such a compact space comes at a cost however - It doesn't last long.

The bi-daily charging as you frantically try to turn off wifi, or work out which app is draining power over GPRS might be a really fun game for hermits, but the crushing reality of the situation if you travel and are away from power sources is; it's going to die on you when you need it most.

after 3 months of ownership, I reckon on having around 8-9 full charges on this thing each time before I have to charge it up again overnight.

It's come around the world with me, and i've been so impressed... it's prompted me to write a review.

It's a brick, but a fantastic brick with lights on which I seldom leave home without.

As a restless individual who usually ends up on the red eye flights, I don't sleep. This experience is greatly improved by listening to music to drown out the heavy breathing and occasional *Just woke myself up snore* of my accidental new friend who's fallen asleep on my shoulder for the flight. (Those pesky sleep anywhere/anytime people).

The problem with this (other than strangers drooling on your shoulder) is that on more than one occasion it has left me at an airport with 10% battery, needing to get from A to B via public transport I've never used, to get to towns I can't pronounce, using money that doesn't look real, surrounded by people who have the most miraculous ability not to understand place names in their own city, when pronounced horribly in an english accent, accompanied by a pained, longing (perhaps even desperate) expression.

Suddenly the brick I carry around with me springs to life! (that's perhaps an exaggeration of its activity, it doesn't really have any moving parts.)

The flashing blue lights and quick vibrate of the phone give me the confidence not only to look up my route on google maps, but fill me with the bravado and cockiness to frivolously leave keep gps and google maps on so i can repeatedly check i'm going the right way, all whilst listening to music, or composing that email i promised myself i'd do before i got to the airport.

Plus points:
• 8-9 full charges of an iPhone 5
• Can charge 2 devices simultaneously.
• Can charge whilst your phone is also drawing current, so if you use maps/satnav - the power gain is stronger than drain so you don't end up losing battery.

Negative Points:
• It has the power of 8-9 iPhones, because it weights about that much. (If the iPhones were made entirely of lead.)

Now.. As far as negatives go, i find this a moot point if buying for the right reasons, but one worth mentioning.

If you are looking for a little extra charge to see you through the last half hour of the day on facebook, because your jerk of a boss has blocked social media on the office computers to "increase productivity" - or to throw in your clutch bag for a night out with the girls, this is probably overkill for you.

If you travel a lot, cannot guarantee that you'll have power for 3 days, or like to go to festivals, and have arms like Mike Tyson, you are in business. (I've emphasised the weight a lot - but it really isn't that bad if its in your bag)

Thanks to this cheeky little number, I've been unduly promoted to "hero" status at a few festivals now, and It reminds me of an old proverb;

If you buy a girl a drink, she's your's for a few minutes.
If you charge her phone, you have the better part of 20-40minutes, (depending on what level of battery she deems sufficient before she is ready to chance getting home.)

*Disclaimer: Satire doesn't translate internationally, I in no way condone using this product to pick up women.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Jan 2014
Does exactly what it says. A reliable energy source when you need it, and as it's just a huge battery it holds a huge amount of power in terms of smartphones or tablets. No regrets on this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars This charges my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini a good 4 times or so, 3 Oct 2014
Really handy to carry around in my handbag. It is quite heavy - I could have gone for a smaller one but that would have only held one charge. This charges my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini a good 4 times or so. I don't really see the need for the torch on it, though I guess is handy if camping. The only other small annoyance is that the button to turn it on is easily knocked in your bag - it'd be better if the button was a little indented from the surface. Works a treat though and I've been recommending them to a lot of people!