on 2 December 2015
I love Delaney, yes love. He's hilarious, sharp, endearing and gross all at the same time. He's also shaping up to be a brilliant actor (see TV show 'Catastrophe' w/ Sharon Horgan ) - but it's safe to say that I like his writing better in the confines of a 140 character word limit. In book form, not so much. The writing is clunky and sometimes leads to nowhere, rendering it, for the most part a little dull and jarring to read. Only when he uses short sentences to round off a story or highlight a punchline is he truly laugh out loud funny and that's because he's so good at condensing such metaphysical thoughts into concise soundbites that even I can understand.

If you enjoy Delaney or know someone who does, then for the sake of just being a fan, give it a try. There are some genuinely heart-warming and funny moments in here, but it's not up to par with other autobiographies that have been written by present day comics, i have to say.
on 15 July 2014
If you have ever seen Rob Delaney live or follow him on Twitter, it might terrify you to take this book into your bedroom at night, and if like me you don't get to sleep by reading hilarious books, then take it to the pool or the garden or the igloo (depending where you live), because you'll disturb people with your agressive snorting, laughter and tears. He doesn't warn you about the tears, but I am warning you now. You have a 98.6% chance of sobbing.

Rob's journey includes depression and alcoholism, so of course he handles these subjects with comedic wit, but also with an abundance of warmth and honesty.

I smiled a lot. And then I smiled some more.
on 26 January 2016
I love Rob Delaney: I didn't before I read this book, but now I do. So much that I watched on All4 the two serieses of Catastrophe that he wrote and is in, because he's ace. Apparently he is very funny on Twitter, and that tempted me to sign up to Twitter so I could follow him to see. I haven't though. This book is terrific: funny and sad and truthful and funny and offensive and honest and funny and mostly just funny. So buy it and read it if you like those sorts of things.
on 1 March 2016
Great read, funny from start to finish and a really interesting story.....can't wait to see Rob Delaney live show this month.
on 31 December 2015
I've just finished reading this and I am slipping in a quick review 45 mins before the New Year. I should be drinking champagne and entertaining my guests at the chateau, but instead I want to take the time to say I really enjoyed the read. Obviously a kind intelligent and funny guy. I would have liked to have heard more about his creative process but I guess this is not the book for that. I'd like to meet Dan but not in a stalkerish kind of way.
on 20 November 2013
Rob is a wonderful man.
If I could pick 140 characters to be in my life, he would be all of them.
The only person in the world I want to simultaneously have as my father and kiss.
The pages smell good, like they were dyed in Delaney's juices.
There was even a hair stuck in one of the pages, it probably wasn't one of his.
I like how easy it would be to Photoshop the cover.
One time I laughed so hard I started sweating.
I have not yet read this book.
on 5 November 2013
Rob is an excellent writer, and this book made me laugh SO much. It also kept me up until 2am on the day of its release, until I realised my toddler would be waking (me) up in four short hours, and I reluctantly went to sleep. (I finished it later, after doing ALL my chores)

Formatting in the kindle edition is totally borked for the embedded tweets, but it doesn't really matter.

Rob, one important subject had not been covered: how you met your wife!
on 16 June 2016
Loved Rob in Catastrophe. He is such a funny funny writer. Sometimes heartbreaking but so honest and true. He has been through so much yet, it reminds me of all the chaos of being a human being. Great company to be with.
on 1 July 2015
Rob Delaney is funny, sweet, rude, shouty and, most importantly, very funny. This book is an episodic and slightly randomly selected selection of life moments I've read it twice, it's ace.
on 3 February 2016
Cheese and onion
Paddock made of glass
Look under that coat and pretend to be surprised because I'm going to tell you what's under it. Ribbons