4.0 out of 5 stars Extreme is right
I'm a fan of Sharon Osbourne. She's an explosive personality and tells it like it is, although sometimes that's not always the best thing.

Published on 15 May 2006 by sp

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but soft on Ozzy...
The Ozzy we know and love from the (edited? NEVER!) Osbourne show was once an alcoholic, drug abuser and, during many a stupor, prone to beating his wife (although, according to Sharon, she gave as good as she got.)
Published on 17 Nov 2005 by Carolyn O'brien

4.0 out of 5 stars Extreme is right, 15 May 2006

This is a good read. She has had a very extreme life with high highs and low lows. But, however much she is seen as a tough lady, she is very weak when it comes to her husband who, it has to be said, does not come out of this tome in a good light. He was a wife beating, drug addicted, sex crazed alcoholic and I don't understand why she stayed with him. And she is extremely foul mouthed (which is to be expected) and to be honest I'm surprised her family did not turn out worse than they did but I think it's thanks to Sharon they stayed on some sort of straight and narrow (well, maybe!).

However, she seems to have found her soul mate in Ozzy (and the fact they seem to be able to defectate on cue!). Yes, it is that kind of book. Some things will make your eyes water (like what she did with his bottle of booze) and some things will just make you think "why didn't you get the hell out".

A good read. However, if these people are seen as the heros and role models of today, God help us.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but soft on Ozzy..., 17 Nov 2005
Carolyn O'brien "cazolyn" (Dublin) - See all my reviews
Sharon's early life with her dysfunctional, thuggish father and cold, envious mother, and the years of abuse and mamipulation she endured thereafter, are quite extraordinary. That she came through her formative years with a semblance of positivity shows her strength of character. She holds no prisoners when describing her relatives... her Dad comes across as a bullying scumbag and her siblings fare little better. Ozzy, in contrast, is painted as a victim, unaccountable for his (often horrifying)actions.
Nonethelss, this is an entertaining read peppered with Osbourne-speak (read: colourful language!) If you're stuck for Christmas gift ideas, you can't really go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight to the heart, 20 May 2006
Being a huge fan of the hit show "The Osbournes" i couldn't wait to get my hands on this book.

Sharon Osbourne has lead an amazingly topsy turvy life, even before Ozzy!

It was shocking to read about her childhood and the lack of love in the Arden household when she was growing up, so very different from how Sharon is with her own children, Ozzy and anyone she cares for. From having nothing to having it all and back again, Sharon has experienced the hardships of life both financial and emotional.

The one thing that can be said of this amazing woman is that everything she has and is can be totally attributed to one person; Sharon Osbourne! Although the lady herself may disagree. But i read in this book of a woman with more resiliance, determination and sheer kick ass-ness than the lead in an action film, who was not going to fade into the background when those around her tried to to lock her out.

The parts where she wrote of her daughter Amy being ill actually made me cry from the beginning!

Her love for Ozzy is 100% from the heart and the fact that she has retained a relationship, of sorts, with her father, despite everything he tried to do to her and Ozzy, is in my opinion admirable.

Seeing past the foul language which may be used as a defence mechanism against the world, this is one very caring, big hearted woman who is as loyal as the day is long to those she loves and does not BS with the facts.

Another thing i liked about this book is that Mrs Osbourne did not try and slag anybody off. She simply told her side of the story on certain subjects without bad mouthing the people involved.

Mrs O, you are "Fabulous"

5.0 out of 5 stars The best autobiography and audiobook ever!, 12 May 2007
E. F. Owen - See all my reviews
I have always been a fan of Sharon Osbourne. I think she is a huge inspiration to everyone and i am one of her biggest fans. This autobiography, Extreme is definitely one of the best i have ever read. Sharon is so open and honest about everyting she went through from when she was a young girl, to her married life. she leaves nothing uncovered and the book is certainly an eye-opener to a lot of the hard things sharon went to, and to her amazing life...and the way how she's survived everything, by being so strong, brave, and determined. i love the way she reads it in the audio book-and its amazing because it gives us the opportunity to hear it from Sharon herself. the way she reads it provokes emotion, laughter, and she keeps you totally hooked all the way through. i have great respect for her, and this CD is a must-by!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best autobiography I have read, 29 April 2006
J. Thomas - See all my reviews
I have read a few autobiographies and biographies over the years but this is one of the most open and revealing (and entertaining!)that I have read.

Her life has really been amazing, and as farfetched as some of it may seem, I for one believe every word. After watching the Osbournes, nothing in here surprises me really! In some parts of the book both her and Ozzy don't come across too well, which I think is testiment to her honesty. In many autobiographies the celebs gloss over (or omit) certain parts of their life that they don't want revealed but this is really 'warts n all'.

A brilliant read- highly recommended. Just be aware that it may not be the best mothers day present- there's loads of foul language all the way through, as you would expect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs O exposed, 15 Aug 2006
I am a MASSIVE fan of Mrs O's, I believe she represents the modern day woman and gives us all something to aspire to. And this book did not change my opinion of her one bit - she has had a remarkable life, and has fought and stood up for what she believes in - this book pulls no punches, its not been easy, but she stood by Ozzy when bigger women would have walked away years ago. This book was the frankest it could have been and gives you a real insight into what life with Ozzy is really like, to the point where she almost leaves herself open to criticism. But she proves that true love never dies and this book is very heartwarming. I highly recommend this book to any woman who thinks they've got a rough deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars The fabulous Mrs O!, 20 Oct 2005
By A Customer
A great book and a really good quick read.
I really was only aware of Sharon Osbourne through the X Factor and for being Ozzy's husband and what an eye opener this book was!
She is very frank in this book and there are no holds barred! She has had quite a life really and her early years and the volatile relationship with her husband make for amazing reading.
This really is worth a read: if you are a Sharon fan or even if you just like a well written autobiography - don't miss it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it loved it loved it, 12 Nov 2008
L. Topping "Lyns" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
I read this book on holiday this year and seriously could not put it down. It was the most fascinating book, never mind autobiography, that I have ever read. Considering in the same summer I read Jordan's, Kerry Katona's and Billie Piper's autobiographies this is in a different league. It made me laugh, cry, squirm and laugh some more. I think one of the best things about this book is that the author is over 50 and has actually had a life, rather than the under 30s in the world who haven't really done much. The life that Sharon has lived is so incredible you are hooked from the start. Everyone should read this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not normally a fan of autobiographies, 26 Oct 2009
Mrs. S. Payne (UK) - See all my reviews
I never read autobiographies but someone left this on our bookshelf at work and I thought I'd give it a go. Being the age that I am, I know more about Sharon's children then I do about her or Ozzy. This left me absolutely amazed by the life that she has lived. I feel that this doesn't paint Ozzy in a very flattering light at all. He was an alcoholic, a drug abuser and prone to beating up his wife but Sharon still seems to paint him as a victim who is totally unaccountable for his actions. This is am entertaining read that shows how Sharon has become as strong as she is.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHARON, 1 Mar 2006
I would recommend this book, Sharon Osbourne writes as she thinks, so if anyone is offended by bad language then don't read it.
To me this was an extraordinary book, it only took a couple of evenings to read it, and my husband just one evening.
She has gone through thick and thin with Ozzy and her own childhood and life but what an amazing woman. Thank you for the insight. Love or hate Sharon its a fascinating insight to her.

Sharon Osbourne Extreme: My Autobiography