5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome side story!!
Awesome work from these guys! god damn this review system though... but yeah james corey are almost second to none in my massive collection of books
Published 7 months ago by Damon-lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best book in the collection but...
A valid introduction to the world on Mars and a glimpse at how there way of life applaud our in this ultimately great galaxy created by Corey!!
Published 1 month ago by Hamish

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best book in the collection but..., 16 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, though not one of his best., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Gods of Risk (Expanse) (Kindle Edition)
As I've noted before, I'm a fan of James S.A. Corey and his Expanse series. This was the first short I read and although I was happy to revisit that universe, I found that the situation of the main character was one I couldn't quite get engaged with for some reason.

There was quite a bit going on 'in the background' of this short which I would have loved to learn more about, but I suspect that was the intention of the author in this case. Having said that, about half way though I began to warm to the main character and so I felt that it definitely deserves 4 stars because it's genuinely a good short story in a really beautifully put-together universe written by an author who created great characters. I just don't feel it was one of his best.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but short, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Gods of Risk (Expanse) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the story but wanted more. This is a short story, not a full book. I definitely want to read more in the expanse universe and was hoping for something that would feed into a 4th book. thanks anyway

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome side story!!, 26 Nov 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Gods of Risk (Expanse) (Kindle Edition)
This is a thoroughly enjoyable addition to The Expanse, with the high standard of writing we expect from Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck.

Nothing earth-shattering or revelatory here, but highly recommended to Expanse fans.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Gods of Risk (Expanse) (Kindle Edition)
The book is set on Mars this is really the only way in which this rather humdrum coming of age story qualifies as science fiction

Gods of Risk (Expanse)