2,108 Reviews
 (1,428)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product deserving a 5 Star review.
I ordered this item after purchasing the iPad Air and wanted to protect it.
I received the item today and to my surprise is far superior of what I thought.
The iPad fits in perfectly and securely giving an all round protection.
Included was also a screen protector.
By the way, his is a genuine review.
Since writing this review, I ordered another...
Published 10 months ago by A. P. Tiritas

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!
Firstly it must be said that delivery was very prompt and Purplemoose have agreed to take back the product for a full refund but the white case is not of the quality the picture suggests.

Published 22 months ago by J. Kirby

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product deserving a 5 Star review., 20 Nov 2013
A. P. Tiritas "Tony T." (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this item after purchasing the iPad Air and wanted to protect it.
I received the item today and to my surprise is far superior of what I thought.
The iPad fits in perfectly and securely giving an all round protection.
Included was also a screen protector.
By the way, his is a genuine review.
Since writing this review, I ordered another Smart Case cover for a friend of mine
for an iPad Air he is planing to give as a Xmas present to his wife. I am very pleased with mine.
I don't understand where are all these negative reviews are coming from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Aug 2012
I only received the case this morning, so this is really a "first impressions".

The first thing I noticed was the quality of the case. For something so cheap, it certainly doesn't feel tacky or have poor materials; it feels very high quality. The iPad clips into the case easily and holds it firmly, so it's going to be almost impossible for it to fall out. The magnets on the cover and the sleep/wake function works seamlessly and, for some reason, it's satisfying not having to actually swipe to unlock the display. I'm aware this is a feature on Apple's official (and completely over priced) SmartCovers, so I was pleased when I noticed this had similar functionality.

There really aren't many negatives that I've encountered so far. Like many have already pointed out, the screen will lock if the cover is pinned all the way back while holding it but this can be rectified by simply holding the cover at a slight angle to the iPad, misaligning the magnets with the device. It's not a big issue though. My only other concern is that the microfibre side of the cover can pick up lint or fluff from the carpet and can be hard to remove, but again this is not a massive problem.

Apple really need to have another look at the prices they're charging for some of their accessories; £35 JUST for a polyurethane cover is appalling, and £40 for a polyurethane case isn't much better.

For £15 for this case, you get all the bells and whistles that the Apple case has for a fraction of the price. Please don't waste your money needlessly on an Apple Smart Cover, just purchase this case and save a fortune.

Top marks and a good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Choice for iPad Air, 18 Nov 2013
Delivered on time, delighted with this case which looks good, fits well and is far cheaper than the Apple accessory. Very slim and looks high quality. Highly recommended (and it is rare for me to award 5 stars)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, well made case, 19 Nov 2013
Mr. RJ FLATT "richyrooroll" (Bungay, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
Fits extremely well and doesn't feel like it would fall out, yet it is still easy to put in and take out.
Every hole for the buttons line up precisely.

Would easily recommend to anyone. Out of all the unofficial cases I have bought over the years, this is by far the best. No need to spend 3x as much on an official Apple case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Looking for an ipad case-- youve found the one !!, 3 Oct 2012
I had a case for my ipad 3 which was a graphite looking leatherette case and I was fairly happy with it except that as alot of folio type cases do it had a lip that surrounded the screen and whilst that may offer a bit more protection I felt it detracted from the look of the ipad. So I started looking on Amazon for an option and came across this VEO which looked very stylish was a clip in and had great reviews.
The case arrived very quickly and I cleaned the ipad and clipped it in. immediately I felt justified in changing case's this VEO is exceptional value nicely made and stylish, the magnetic switch off works fine, the ipad 3 fits perfectly. My colleague has an apple smart cover and an apple back protector and he wanted to get one of these when he saw it. To make this review accurate I will just mention that when you fold the 4 panel over to the back it is best to double it over as the video review of this product shows. If you fold it just flat against the back it does semm to trigger the magnetic lock and the screen flicks off. but to be honest folding it in half like the video shows is more comfortable to hold anyway. Overall I would strongly recommend that you buy this case I cant believe that you could find better value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a Glove, 15 Nov 2013
Did not know what to expect with this product, but on delivery it was brilliant a real benefit to the iPad 5. I would certainly recommend this product for anybody purchasing an iPad 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Case, yet might not suit all, 30 April 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
As soon as I bought the iPad air, my next step was to buy a case. The shop only had the original Apple case which cost a fortune, yet I had no option but to buy it. Whilst it looks great, I found that it increasingly annoying to use the volume buttons as these are covered by thick leather thus rendering them quite difficult to locate and operate.

So I decided to to buy other cases, one of which was the Veo (Red) and the Invasion (Black).

Now the iPad Air weighs 469g Wi-Fi, and 478g Wi-Fi + Cellular versions.
The Veo case weighs 230.7g, which is basically 50% of the iPad itself.

Just for interest the iPad case weighs 148.7g, and the Invasion comes in at 208.5g

The Veo case is very well built, looks great and offers good protection. Yet some may find that a lot of pressure needs to be applied for the clips to grip. If pressed hard enough, they will eventually grip to the iPad Air.

I personally use the Veo, even if it weighs more than the other cases. The premium quality materials and matt finish, reminiscent of the iPad's original case, have done the trick for me.

Yet every individual has his own requirements and expectations. I do not go out much, so the extra weight does not really affect me. Some may want a lighter case, whilst others, a sturdier heavier one. So it boils down to personal choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 17 Nov 2013
I do not write reviews usually,
but this case was that good I felt I should share my thoughts,
my wife has a genuine apple case on her ipad 4,
I refused to pay 65 quid and found
this case,and is just as good,and a third of the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 27 Mar 2013
Why bother paying for an apple cover? They are overpriced! This cover is fantastic, and the range of colours are so much better than what apple offers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 20 Nov 2012
J. Kirby (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

As a previous reviewer has stated the pictures really flatter what is, in my opinion, a very cheap looking product and while it may be no worse than the Apple smart case (don't know I haven't got one), it certainly is not of the quality of the Targus type, all encompassing, rotating cases which can be picked up for around £10 on Amazon.

I bought a white VEO case and in the illustration it looks as though the base is the same colour as the lovely looking white cover, it is not, it has basically got the nice white cover glued, in an obvious and none aesthetically pleasing way, to a very cheap looking grey base.

I think the difference is partly down to the different colour profiles available as in the video submission of the top rated review of this product, he has a black VEO case with a black base and it looks OK but this is not the case with the white version.

I really wanted something with a much thinner profile for dropping into a briefcase which is why I bought one of these as well as a rotating iPad case but I think on reflection, I will just stick with the one, rotating case.

Dissapointing!

UPDATE.
What is also concerning is how within 2 days of being posted, this review got a "no" on the "is this review helpful" which coincided with the date it would have arrived back at Purplemoose. Combined with quite a few positive comments from people who only seem to review Purplemoose products, I think that the reviews are being manipulated for this product as it is certainly overpriced for what it is in my opinion.

Further Update!
The second negative helpful review then came within 24 hours of my update, to me, confirming my suspicions. I am expecting a third shortly!