4.0 out of 5 stars Super warm but tiniest bit of leaking feathers
Published 14 months ago by Reva

It is not warm and for sure do not worth £260 or even £130 I paid
I not using it often since I cycling all year trough, but late December last year I took it for a trip to Scotland
the weather was not very cold just around zero, but I get cold to my bones and as result got infection and need to stay few days in bed.
I wanted to add that I was wearing it on...
Published 5 days ago by Anna Maslej

4.0 out of 5 stars Super warm but tiniest bit of leaking feathers, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Merrell Womens Isadore Down Basque Padded Long Jacket Peppercorn
EDIT (Feb 3, 2014): not sure if this is an issue with all down jackets. There is just the teeny-weeniest leaking of feathers on the front. Not so that one'd notice - about a mm thick and less than a cm long feathers... and not all the time, just sometimes...at the seams. I've still not been wearing it very regularly so cannot say if it gets worse with wear. And since I've never owned other down-filled jackets, I don't know if this much leaking is normal. But, it really is great with the icy chilly winds, rain and cold.

OLDER REVIEW:I had read a review of this jacket on Merrell website which said that feathers leaked from it every time one wore it. So between placing my order and its dispatch I wrote to Amazon to ask about this. I really appreciate the fact that Amazon was patient even though I contacted them about this after placing my order. They even checked it for me before finally dispatching my order, and reassured me that there was no such issue. And that even if there were some problem I could always return the item and get a full refund. I have gone into this whole story because others might also find worrying reviews on other sites.

In any case, the jacket arrived on time, was well-packaged and looked good. The draw string works well and the jacket fits well. I ordered a 'S' (I take XS in shirts, sweaters) so that I could wear a jumper underneath, and there is space for that. However, the only time I wore the jacket was a particularly cold night and it was raining steadily. I was wearing a sleeveless dress and no jumpers. But the jacket kept me very cosy and very warm. I am from India and get cold easily. But the jacket was really very comfortable. The fit and design make for enough flexibility - even without the jumper the jacket wasn't so loose that the cold would get in. The material seems all right - not too flimsy or anything. The long length does not make it difficult to walk. I walked fast on high-heels and had on a long dress that evening, but the jacket was no trouble at all.

The only reason I've given 4 and not 5 stars, is that I want to see how it does with regular use. If it turns out to be as reliable as Merrell usually is, I would edit this to 5 stars. Just wait till the cold gets worse :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for my old Merrel Down long coat, 4 Dec. 2013
I purchased this when I saw that its half the price compared to Merrell website. I have the old style with insulation of 650, that kept me really warm during the past 4 winters gone. I have great confidence in Merell that even though they have lowered the insulation, this would still keep me toasty especially during the expected negative temperature we're bound to have pretty soon. I normally just put a heattech long sleeve and that is more than sufficient, the elastic adjustable garter on the waist area gives you shape so it's really complementing to anyone's shape. I highly recommend to put tennis balls ( at least 2) whilst being cycled in the washing machine, follow the advice of not using fabric softener and believe me you will be completely happy with this coat for a looooong time! I bought y first coat for £200 and that was 4 years ago, this is a real bargain so go grab one! I gave 4 stars as it still remains to be seen if this will outdo my old merrell coat.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great coat, 10 Nov. 2013
A great fit. Able to wear extra layers underneath if required. Kept me warm and cosy. Excellent quality, at a great price. Recommend to all out door people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coat, 8 Jan. 2014
Super warm, super length - love it. The coat arrived quickly and was replaced when the first one was too big with no problems (apart from the huge postage costs to return it!).

2.0 out of 5 stars but I am disappointed. I read reviews before I bought it and ..., 26 Jan. 2015
It is not warm and for sure do not worth £260 or even £130 I paid
I wanted to add that I was wearing it on the cotton T shirt and cotton jumper not very thin in fabric
I choose this jacket because I has been made by a company it specialising in hiking and sport clothes and I used to trust such one, but I am disappointed.
I read reviews before I bought it and people were writing the coat is warm - but I think they might just used it to walk between car and building (car - home / car - workplace/ car - shopping center) for such a trips a coat is excellent for longer does not do the job, not if the temperature falling below plus 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful warm coat, 15 May 2014
This was bought for my 87 year old mother, she loves it and she feels very trendy when wearing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy, 16 Dec. 2013
This was exactly what I was looking for in a cosy winter coat. A great buy for any outdoor activity, but don't wear it to do any shopping as it may be great outdoors but once you get into the shops you are too hot! If you are looking for something to keep you nice and toasty on a walk in the great outdoors then this is a fantastic jacket. Good quality and the popper section at the back makes it easy to walk around in too, you don't feel so restricted. I really like the colour too, when it said peppercorn I was expecting black but, it's not, it's more grey black which I really like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coat, 5 April 2014
I am very happy with this coat (and the sale price I got it at !). It is lovely and warm yet lightweight, and has some nice button detailing on the cuffs.I like the colour - which is a sort of bluey grey- as I wanted a change from black, and the length is great- below my knees (I am 5'8"). I took the XL size as although I am a size 16, I have broad shoulders so regularly need to buy an 18 for it to be comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 Dec. 2014
Geeta Gest "gd7222000" (France) - See all my reviews
Quality is good but to put the zipper is a little hard.