Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.92

on 14 March 2014
As a relative of Terrie and Paul, I bought this book having only recently learned a little of what they had suffered. That did not prepare me for the reality of the abuse and hell they endured. The details of the abuse is without a doubt shocking, as is the realisation that many people had the opportunity to help them and simply did nothing. I urge everyone to read it and guarantee that whilst you will be horrified, you also will come away from the book amazed at the strength, courage and lack of self-pity displayed by both Terrie and Paul. They have come through an experience that would have broken most people with grace, dignity and, perhaps surprisingly, humour.
on 25 March 2014
This book should be required reading for all teachers, social workers, police and anyone working with children. There were so many missed chances to help these children who were the victims of a dangerous, manipulative man who knew how to present a respectable face to the outside world. Appalling to read how Paul Duckett found the courage to speak out and was then handed back to the sadist who was abusing him and his sister!

These brave children have gone on to find their voices and this book will help many others.
on 8 April 2014
Once I received this book I couldn't put it down, took me just a day to read. It was so well written that I could really simpathize with Terrie & Paul Duckett as my childhood was very similar. The only thing that I couldn't really understand fully was why you forgave your mum, I can understand that she was controlled & made to believe certain things but I cannot get my head around why she let certain things happen..

My mother is very similar to your mother. I think the only thing that may be different is that your mother cared for you & worked hard to provide for you even though he took that that away, she even tried to stop things happening which my mother never did, nor did she work, she let my step father take over completely. So in that sense I can understand why you forgave her but some things I just can't.

I would be interested in asking you that question as it has made me try to think from my mothers prospective but still I'm not sure if I could forgive her.

You are an inperasion & very brave. You both have done so well to get where you are today. I wish you all the luck in the world.

My email is ilovetrina@hotmail.co.uk I would be really interested in taking with you.
on 14 March 2014
I have never read a book like it, it's simply jaw dropping omfg material. The book is a cover to cover read, it's simply not possible to put it down, it has you hooked from the start. Incredible

I bought this book and also on kindle, so i can read it again. I was hooked after just a few pages. The book left me simply speechless, i will be telling everyone.
on 16 April 2014
Just finished reading the most harrowing book of Child Abuse ever.......Even after all my years of working with Children, my eyes were opened to far worse abuse than just physical abuse, which I would never have even dreamed of in my worst dreams............being made to stand to attention for hours on end is just one example. Yet through all those years of physical, sexual and emotional abuse, these two brave children grew into very successful adults, now running several businesses. Terrie and Paul Duckett........ I admire your courage and determination in the face of adversity.......................you are truely an inspiration and I wish you both a good future.
on 20 April 2014
Although this book made very difficult reading, I just couldn't put it down.
How those children managed to come out of the other side of this dreadful abuse is astounding.
I can't believe they we're let down so many times by those who knew something was not right
But never followed it through.
How another human can do those depraved things to children just disgusts me.
Terrie and Paul, feel very proud of yourselves. You never let that monster win in the end did you?
You showed you were both better than him.
Very best wishes for the future, you both deserve so much happiness.
on 14 April 2014
if you like true/real life stories then you must read this........I brought this book As its a family and also friends mum and uncle. I have never met Paul or Terrie as of yet. But i can say this they are so brave and strong physically and mentally, for what that man put them both through, they fought together an over come it all together and strong and kept there bond! This book is so heart wrenching, if you like true/real life stories then you must read this it will tug at your heart strings, but you will see that knowing that you are not alone can help you over come it all. Best wishes Terrie and Paul x
on 12 June 2014
i was shocked shocked to think u allow a man to come into ur home and let him time ur kids showering eating count what they eat punish them sexually abuse and u dont notice changes in behavour.sorry but if i had been these kids i dont think id have forgiven my mother.seen them on this morning great to see they now have a good happy life and to see the vile step dad got what he deserves. but to think she reported it to teachers and its turned around shes got the problems. the abuse was horror.
on 18 April 2014
Fantastic but very sad book, so emotional and relieved when i got to the end of the book. After each chapter it kept you reading and reading as to what happened. Can't believe this horrid nightmare for both of the kids went on for so long, really wish all the best for both Paul and Terrie Duckett for the future you deserve the best in the world. I recommend this book to everyone that loves these kind of genres, beware it might have you in tears,
on 4 May 2014
A book has to grip me right from the start as I'm not a big reader, but by golly this one certainly has! It's so well written, alternating through the eyes of each of the two children - graphically in places, but then it needs to be for the reader to really FEEL what these poor kids were put through. And you certainly do feel for them.
I'm a little over half way through the book at the moment and I've been struggling to put it down!