Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 11 August 2013
I wouldn't give this 5 stars cause I reserve that for either inspiring or surprisingly good books. Is this a masterpiece - no. Will I still be thinking of it in 6 months time - no. But did I enjoy reading it - absolutely. Its the sort of book that is perfect for a wet weekend when you can sit down with a cup of tea and a few biscuits and chill out. Its a very pleasant tale, well told and a few morals slipped in for good measure - just like Uncle Jaspers stories. I would definitley read another from this author.
on 12 May 2013
First up I have to admit that I'm a massive fan of Donna, I used to read her books years ago when she was a trad published author with Harlequin. I think her latest books have won her more fans than she ever had with Harlequin.

Zach Whitlock, Tyne's fifteen-year-old son gets up to mischief while she's running her time-consumming catering business. To her dismay he is hauled up before a judge for vandalism, a judge who comes down hard on youths.

Tyne is forced to turn to high-powered attorney, Lucas Silver Hawk, a man from her dark past, for much needed help. She's struck dumb when he reaches out in a way that surprises all parties concerned.

Returning to a community she never intended going back to, Tyne is forced to face her past and loved ones who she thought she'd lost contact with forever.

You'll love the twists and turns in this fabulous romance by the queen of romances.
on 5 July 2013
I was provided with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is a heart-warming, thought provoking, contemporary romance (with a little steam).
The book itself actually deals with a number of issues i.e. the difficulties of being a single parent, casual racism and self-discovery and learning how to forgive.
Tyne is a single Mum to Zach. She believes she is living her life, where in reality she merely exists. Zach is a teenager with a chip on his shoulder.
The characters in the story are well developed and it is easy to follow their emotions through the story. You find yourself taking a ride with them on their emotional rollercoaster! There is a good balance between the main characters: Tyne, Zach and Lucas and the number of secondary characters. The secondary characters do not overpower the story, which can be a major downfall in many a good book,
There is humour incorporated into the book and you find yourself smiling at times while reading.
The plot is believable and it draws you in from the beginning. As the book is a romance you just know how the book is going to end and this book doesn't disappoint. However, the journey the book takes to get to the end is full of twists and is far from predictable.
Enjoyable read!
on 7 June 2013
I am a fan of this author and have read each of the books as they are released. This turned out to be one of my favourites. I found this to have more emotional depth than some of the other stories, or indeed many of the main stream romances available today. I like stories that have more dimension to them, and this one fits the bill. We gradually discover why the relationship failed in the beginning, how the couple and their son comes to terms with that, and about the problems caused by prejudice. Of course, it is also enjoyable to read about how they all take the relationship into the future.

This does have some adult content but it is not the main focus of the story.
on 13 January 2014
RECLAIM MY HEART BY DONNA FASANO

This is the kind of book that you can't put down. Tyne is a single mum struggling to raise her teenage son and run her catering business. With Tyne working all hours it is inevitable that something would have to give and unfortunately it is her son Zack who brings trouble home. Zack is to be brought before a hard judge and so against her feelings she enlists the help of Zack's father Luke, who doesn't even realise he has a son!

What twists this brings about! The author very cleverly draws us in to the history of this family. It has so many heart warming scenes, and Uncle Jasper is marvellous.

I really loved this and can't wait to read more from this author. I think this is worthy of five stars
on 20 June 2013
Single mum Tyne has raised her son Zach in the best way she can, but when Zach gets into trouble with the law there's only one person she feels she can turn to, her teen sweetheart, Zach's father. But lawyer, Lucas Silver Hair doesn't actually know that he has a son. It's years since he and Tyne last met. This story has well rounded characters, I particularly like Zach and Uncle Jasper, and is very well-written, I was drawn in from the first page. There are carefully woven threads leading you through but it's not all plain-sailing for Tyne and Lucas. I loved the Native America and Amish aspects of the story too. Lots of tying up of loose ends with estranged families and moving on here. This is the first of Ms. Fasano's books that I've read so will now definitely be sampling the others. I can highly recommend this story.
on 19 September 2014
A carefully written story. Lots of love and hardship and humour. Uncle Jasper...what can I say. I agree every family should have a uncle Jasper. This story really touched my heart. And I won't be forgetting it any time soon. Many thanks to the author and well done!
on 11 January 2014
Well written, good plot and an enjoyable read. Couldn't we all do with an Uncle Jasper in the family, he could have dealt with my teenage children any time he liked! Didn't think much of Lucas accepting both the money and taking the word of Tynes father. I would most certainly have found that hard to accept.
on 11 July 2013
Donna Fasano's latest book is a wonderfully compelling story with real heart. I was hooked from the beginning and really identified with the heroine, Tyne, a single mother struggling with the difficult task of bringing up a teenage son. The reappearance of Lucas, the father of her son and the long-lost love of her youth, was told in a realistic and sympathetic way. The Native Indian theme added depth and a certain spirituality to the story. I loved the way Zach learned about survival skills from the old uncle and how he, through this, was taught the real values of life.

The central love story is the most beautiful part of this book because of the undying love between Tyne and Lucas and how they found each other again.

A lovely,truly romantic story I highly recommend to all fans of romantic fiction.
on 28 August 2013
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book, let me say that I loved it. Forgiveness is a such a wonderful emotion, free's the soul. All of the supporting characters were spot on, Tyne, Lucas and Zachary brilliant. This is the first book I have read by Donna Fasano and it will not be my last.