on 27 September 2013
On first listening, I'm impressed. I've been looking forward to this coming out after hearing the preview a few weeks ago, and I don't feel I've been let down. In fact, quite the opposite. After being more than disappointed with The Unforgiving (Which I initially hated, although think it's quite good now) listening to Paradise made me think that this album's going to be a lot better than the last (or at least, I'm going to like it a lot more). I thought the music was strong and the lyrics were interesting, and like some of Within temptation's old songs it requires a bit of thought. I think Tarja was a bit underused on Paradise, though.
The other three songs were enjoyable, too, and not much below album-quality. Maybe it's just the fact that they're demo-versions, but it felt like they were missing something. I didn't feel any real kick from them like I did with What Have You Done and Frozen for example, but then I'm almost 7 years grumpier so maybe that has something to do with it. Dog Days was my least favourite because I thought the lyrics were a bit too simple and repetitive, but other than that this EP's all good and more than worth 1.99, especially if you want to hear what feels like the beginning of a return to what I loved about them in the first place. I'm looking forward to hearing the final versions, and to seeing them in Helsinki in February.
on 27 November 2013
i bought this as soon as it came out as i have been a devote fan for the last 8 years (since i was 11) xD , They are my favorite band and this Tester is an incredible insight in to the new album! Im so pleased the tracks appear to be pulling more influence from the heart of everything/mother earth/silent force albums and takes a heavier stance in front Of the Unforgiving Album which, although amazing, was a step away from their metal roots and took some getting used to! Great to hear them back with more great material, cant wait for the album!!!!
on 29 September 2013
I have been waiting patiently to hear there new single and all I can say its ok for me it will have to grow on me it's very catchy a new style for wt like there last album the unforgiving the demos are ok not there best I just hope there new album is a bit better
on 27 September 2013
Sharon has one of the best female voices in music, and Tarja's voice compliments hers brilliantly. This is one of the best songs Within Temptation have done. For me this is up there with Angels, Utopia and All I need.. thank you WT....
on 9 November 2013
The title track of this 4 track ep is outstanding. It puts together 2 of my favourite singers performing a really good song. It was worth the money for this track alone. The other 3 tracks are good too.
on 10 October 2013
The song Paradise is the best track on the ep and is an outstanding song in my opinion,brilliant metal music with the fabulous vocals from Sharon den Adel, and special operatic vocals from Tarja. Superb
on 13 November 2013
I'm a huge WT fan, but I got my feet on the ground. I must confess I wasnt expecting them to come up with stuff as good as he previous albums. I was mistaken. Great job! Amazing single.
on 2 February 2014
the song is very strong and features both Sharon and Tarja they both work well together and the other tracks on the ep are demos from the new album
on 19 November 2013
What's not to like?
Within Temptation with Tarja!
Eagerly awaiting the new album.
If you like symphonic metal you'll like this!
on 7 October 2013
Excellent song great video another within temptation Marvel
Two of prog rocks best female voices go so well together.
Brilliant !!!