Published 10 months ago by Mr. M. O. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
First track is good but the other ones are obviously demos and thus unfinished and lacking, so I would only buy the first track.
Published 5 months ago by Jhaede

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars One of few new CD's I've liked this year. Definitely promising., 27 Sep 2013
Mr. M. O. Jones (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paradise [What About Us?] (feat. Tarja) (MP3 Download)
On first listening, I'm impressed. I've been looking forward to this coming out after hearing the preview a few weeks ago, and I don't feel I've been let down. In fact, quite the opposite. After being more than disappointed with The Unforgiving (Which I initially hated, although think it's quite good now) listening to Paradise made me think that this album's going to be a lot better than the last (or at least, I'm going to like it a lot more). I thought the music was strong and the lyrics were interesting, and like some of Within temptation's old songs it requires a bit of thought. I think Tarja was a bit underused on Paradise, though.
The other three songs were enjoyable, too, and not much below album-quality. Maybe it's just the fact that they're demo-versions, but it felt like they were missing something. I didn't feel any real kick from them like I did with What Have You Done and Frozen for example, but then I'm almost 7 years grumpier so maybe that has something to do with it. Dog Days was my least favourite because I thought the lyrics were a bit too simple and repetitive, but other than that this EP's all good and more than worth 1.99, especially if you want to hear what feels like the beginning of a return to what I loved about them in the first place. I'm looking forward to hearing the final versions, and to seeing them in Helsinki in February.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a faff about, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Paradise [What About Us?] (feat. Tarja) (MP3 Download)
Love the song but what a faff about trying to download music from Amazon. No I don't want your apps I just want my mp3!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 3 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars great ep, 2 Feb 2014
Mr. K. Matley "rockpostie" (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paradise [What About Us?] (feat. Tarja) (MP3 Download)
the song is very strong and features both Sharon and Tarja they both work well together and the other tracks on the ep are demos from the new album

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Paradise [What About Us?] (feat. Tarja) (MP3 Download)
A fantastic song featuring two divas. The riffs compliments both singers voices. Easy to download. I really love this song.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING as always!, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Paradise [What About Us?] (feat. Tarja) (MP3 Download)
i bought this as soon as it came out as i have been a devote fan for the last 8 years (since i was 11) xD , They are my favorite band and this Tester is an incredible insight in to the new album! Im so pleased the tracks appear to be pulling more influence from the heart of everything/mother earth/silent force albums and takes a heavier stance in front Of the Unforgiving Album which, although amazing, was a step away from their metal roots and took some getting used to! Great to hear them back with more great material, cant wait for the album!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 19 Nov 2013
What's not to like?
Within Temptation with Tarja!
Eagerly awaiting the new album.
If you like symphonic metal you'll like this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Single, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Paradise [What About Us?] (feat. Tarja) (MP3 Download)
I'm a huge WT fan, but I got my feet on the ground. I must confess I wasnt expecting them to come up with stuff as good as he previous albums. I was mistaken. Great job! Amazing single.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant EP!, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Paradise [What About Us?] (feat. Tarja) (MP3 Download)
All lovers of gothic rock should give this a listen (For all within Temptation fans it's a compulsory listen anyway!)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›