5.0 out of 5 stars More Durable than Apple's version
After having yet another Apple Lightning Cable fail on me due to the part just below the Lighting Connector fail I decided to try the AmazonBasics version:

Published 10 months ago by Craig James Duffy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, slightly wider than official charger
Published 3 months ago by Chris Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars More Durable than Apple's version, 27 Aug. 2014

First off, this is officially certified for iPhone and thus does not cause your iPhone/ iPod / iPad to pop up saying "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this [Insert Product]" as many others do. Additionally, since this cable is officially certified it meets as the electrical safety and maximum throughput requirements that the Apple cables do. However, this is not the case with many third party cables which you can buy for say a 10th of the price. Look for the "Made for iPhone" branding on the front and you know it will be reliable, safe and worthwhile buying.

In comparison to the official Apple cables the AmazonBasics version feels a lot tougher: after three months of heavy use the cable still appears brand new whereas with the Apple cables I found that the area below the Lighting Connector seemed to pick up a lot of wear and tear. This is not the case with this cable.

Bottom line is that this cable is exactly the same as the Apple Cable in functionality however it comes with a lower cost, greater length and greater durability so if you need to replace your Lighting cable this is the way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to, 2 April 2013
Mr. Simon M. Collins (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Ok so its just a cable what is there to review? Well if like most of us you have been looking for a spare lightning cable for your iphone5 / ipad 3 you didnt want to spend mega bucks and probably went for one of several £4ish cables for sale on Amazon / Fleabay. I did the former and whilst it worked for about 6 weeks I soon got problems where it would just randomly stop charging from a PC USB, then would only work with the plug one way then it just died. I complained to the Amazon Marketplace retailer and they told me they stopped selling them (Says it all really) but they did give me a refund.

I kinda wished I had just plumped for a genuine Apple article from the off even though they are £15 (some deals have been had at Carphone Warehouse etc for around £12 but I couldn't find one). That said I looked on Apple.com and even the reviews of their own cables are pretty bad so that put me off.

Then I saw this Amazon basics cable for £12 and the initial reviews were all good. So I ordered one and 1 month later it is still working fine with no issues whatsoever. Always charges, works either way round and has a chunky well made feel to both the cabling and the connectors at each end. Those of you with iphone5 wrapped in a case that surrounds the lightning port may well have issues if your case encroaches past the bevelled edge (the polished line on the White iphone5) on both the front & rear of the phone as the connector is chunky. Personally I have no case and just have protective film on the back so no issue for me.

Fingers crossed this cable is still working in 6 months time. At least if its not I have Amazon's no quibble warranty. Shame they don't do a white version to match my phone but now I am just being picky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 Jun. 2013
This is a sturdy stylish and affordable alternative to Apple's own lightening charger. No problems with it so far so goog

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Oct. 2013
Mr. Adam Taylor (Tenterden, Kent) - See all my reviews
Purchased two of these lightening cables and happy to report that they support iOS 7. Successfully charging my iPad Mini and iPhone 5 as I write this review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, slightly wider than official charger, 11 Mar. 2015
It is good length, good price and seems strong enough, my one problem with this cable is the plastic around the connector on the phone side is slightly wider than the official chargers, meaning it doesn't fit with my case on. Might just be my case or it could be a few but just a heads up that you may have to charge without a case using this cable. Other than that, its a great product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in this product particularly as it is Amazon branded, 11 Nov. 2014
Very disappointed in this product particularly as it is Amazon branded. First thoughts were good design and feel to it, the length is ideal offering flexibility for charging in different locations around the office or house..

One year on and considering it has been positioned in one location so that I can charge my iPad on the desk while working (it has not really had a hard life) the housing around lightning connector has literally fallen apart. Now OK it was not expensive, but, one would expect a cable to last particularly as it has been in one location and never been treat roughly or transported form position to position for charging purposes.

To conclude I was fortunate to not have been in a position that the 2 pieces of the housing could have been lost and will be able to carry out a repair, but clearly the two pieces had not been glued in a way that the plug was secure pointing to poor quality control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, well-made, excellent value!, 7 Jun. 2015
Steven (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I had already bought 2 of the longer cables and they have been perfect for the job. They are well-made and excellent value.
This time round I needed a cable for a portable battery-pack that I'd bought:
My previous portable battery pack (which I used primarily for an Android phone) had a built-in mini-USB plug. I could have found a similar model for my iPhone 6 but decided this battery pack had so much power and was such good value it was worth the 'hassle' of using an additional cable.
This cable fits snugly inside the carrying case of the portable charger so is no inconvenience.
I had previously considered buying it to connect my iPhone 6 to my Macbook while at work (and keep it charged) but decided it was just a little too short for this job - it would have been difficult to use the phone while still plugged in.
All in all, well worth purchasing - this smaller length cable has been produced for particular usage in mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 15 May 2013
Well made good tight fit when inserted in to my phone. Connected to the power adapter with no problems. Good value for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Impractical, 3 Jun. 2015
Bought this product like most, as a more affordable replacement for my broken Apple lightning cable.

I was pleased that it arrived promptly and appeared to be well made, I plugged it into my apple certified wall socket and my iPhone and the phone recognised it and began charging, it wasn't until around 30% charging that I realised there were problems, when I tried to type my passcode in it became glitchy and unresponsive, eventually after a few slow attempts I gained access. The glitchy jittery problems continued (apps closing during use, letters deleting themselves while typing) making the phone almost impossible to use. It works fine once unplugged/fully charged and also using a family members Apple certified cable, but this product doesn't work and it's infuriating. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem...

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic is exactly what I'd use to describe it as!, 16 May 2015
It's alright, definitely not the best or worst.
Pros
+ Quick shipping
+ Well packaged
+ Relatively affordable
+Durable - this was my favourite thing about this product. Very thick wire casing and plastic coverings which prevents the result of Apple's own design fails and the dreaded 'turtleneck wire'
+ Does the job.
Cons
- Definitely not as fast as Apple's own product or other charging cables I've bought
- Not the cheapest out there, although the cheapest products are more likely to break
- I don't like that it says AmazonBasicsm not the best design aesthetic
- Be aware of the length you are buying!

I wouldn't purchase this product again, simply because I would favour speed of charging over product durability, whereas this product offers the inverse.