5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome torch
Published 5 months ago by Adam P.

1.0 out of 5 stars No sales repairs or back-up after 30 days
Published 2 months ago by john robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome torch, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: LED Lenser P7.2 Pro Torch (Black) - 320 Lumen - Model 9407 Boxed Edition (DIY & Tools)
For reference, I did own an old P7 and then lost it. I ordered this and it came very quickly (as usual) and intact. It comes in the usual executive looking box with four duracell batteries, a manual, a ballistic nylon belt pouch and a LED Lenser lanyard. The P7.2 has a new black matt paint job that feels really grippy in the hand and looks really sleek. The button on the top has a new look (like an archery target) but it also has more functionality than before. A half-press will turn on non-continuous high mode which can be used for morse code and then a full press will activate continuous medium mode, another full press will activate continuous low mode and another full press will turn the torch off. I sometimes find it annoying when I naturally turn off the torch with one press to find I have just switched the mode because you must go through the entire program cycle but this is a very minor problem. The focusing system is a mechanical system which moves the focus lens away from the LED. This works nicely and is one-hand operational but does not move when untouched. On spot focus, the light is very intense and despite what people say, it is circular and you cannot see the square LED on the footprint. On wide angle, the light is extremely evenly spread and nice and bright. Yet again, LED Lenser has not failed to impress me. Must buy for anyone who needs a powerful and light torch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely first class, 20 Jan 2014
This is simply the best torch I have ever owned. I work in the Ambulance Service and it has never ever let me down. Whether in a pitch black motorway or in the woods, its perfect. Waterproof, surprisingly light and the range far exceeds any of my previous Lenser/Magnum torches I have used. Very highly recommended as it comes with a belt holder too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfull small torch, 12 May 2014
I am a Special Constable and work on the motorway - this torch is very powerfull and comes with a handy belt pouch - the slide to focus system is very good and can be seen for a long way - well worth the extra money compared to the P7 as it is lighter and brighter!!! Very good and worth every penny. Also used for night time bike riding as i have the clip to attach it to my handlebars!!

5.0 out of 5 stars For Professionals, 18 Mar 2014
I am a security guard. I do 12 hour night shifts in a big abandoned football stadium, and other similar sites.

I needed a super bright torch that can be used for close inspection and distance inspection, in pitch black night.

This torch does the job. It is a small miracle. I ve bought a number of torches, Cree, Maglite , Led Lenser and lesser known brands.

But this specific model beats them all, even more expensive and bigger ones.

You will honestly find it hard to believe so much light can come out of such a compact torch.

Respect.

1.0 out of 5 stars No sales repairs or back-up after 30 days, 3 Sep 2014
My LED Lenser P7.2 torch failed in low power mode after eight weeks. Amazon do not guarantee the item after 30 days (and do not list LED Lenser as a product that can be repaired) and the manufacturer is impossible to contact unless one has a German address and speaks German! I tried using the LED Lenser website as well as Amazon. The torch is good but the after sales service appears none existent. The message seems to be that if the torch fails after 30 days then do not expect it to be repaired or replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 April 2014
Probably the best torch I've ever owned! Super bright and I love the spotlight/wide beam function! Fantastic torch for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - bright and light, 15 April 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This is a superb torch.

It comes nicely packaged and would make an excellent gift.

It is very very bright. We use it where we live on pitch black roads about eight miles from the nearest street lamp. The beam can be altered from very broad / wide to narrowly focused. The torch is very light to hold, and has survived being dropped several times now with no ill effects.

The brightness of this torch is comparable to that of many of the very expensive and very large / heavy torches available.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant torch, 1 Nov 2013
i have had the p7 led lenser some time and it is a great torch but i have just got the new p7.2 this just blows the p7 off so for the extra money i would go for the p7.2 tony from wigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Light Sabre!, 7 Dec 2013
This torch is bright! I bought it because of the high light output and it more than met my expectations. It is a compact torch which easily fits in your pocket. It comes with a pouch that has a belt loop which has both velco AND popper fastenings. The instructions are poor but then it's a torch! The only thing that puzzled me was accessing all three power levels. To access the brightest (really a boost) requires you maintain pressure on the switch, but the normal high output is amazing. I already have an L7 which is virtually the same size and I thought that was bright but this new torch even on low power is almost as bright as the L7. The push button switch is on the end, as is the case with other LED Lenser torches, but is a new design which is easier to operate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Customer Service, 15 April 2014
I have the P7. NOT the 7.2. As it happens I also have two LED Lenser Police Tech Focus and an LED Lenser headtorch. All are excellent....but the point of my posting here is to emphasize to prospective purchasers the excellence of LED Lenser's after sales service. I had cause to request a replacement tail switch (after almost 5 years) for one of the Police Tech's and - to be as brief as possible - they sent two so I replaced the switch on the other one too....they also sent two replacement holsters after I politely mentioned I could do with a new one. No fuss, no quibbles. No charge - not even postage. Excellent service which I thought I would share in case anyone was unsure about after sales and spares.

Recommended.