5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing anime
SAO episodes 1-14 are one of the few animes that after watching, I just want more. Only Neon Genesis Evangelion has left me with that feeling. SAO is an extremely good anime with high end animation. The first 14 episodes are truly spectacular, however the show goes down hill after that. Thankfully episode 14 can act as a conclusion, but the first half is very much worth...
Published 20 months ago by Gilded Hero

3.0 out of 5 stars SAO-not bad but not so good either
Sword Art Online, most critically acclaimed anime of 2012. Is it any good-well sort of. When a discussion about SAO comes around peoples either say: "It's the best anime evarrrr!" or "OMG SAO is da worst anime evar!" To be honest it's somewhere in the middle. Technically it falls short on many fronts. There characters are undeveloped and un-relatable...
Published 12 months ago by E.Baku

5.0 out of 5 stars ending almost made me cry, 30 Jan. 2014
Continuing on from part 1, the story continues on the players trapped in sword art online experiences and lives, as 2 years have gone by since the games launch. The main focus is on the developing relationship between Kirito and Asuna. For me Anime relationships always tend to frustrate me since nothing tends to happen as the series goes on, so for me this relationship is a nice change of pace and for the most part romantic. Although i did find episode 11 a little on the dull side.

Like the last part, the visuals in Sword Art online is stunning, with fluid animations and awesome visuals.

I can't comment on the oridinal japanese voce acting since I've only watched the english dub. the voce work in sword art online is excellent. with the English cast putting on a believable proformence, matching their characters. The best performances of the series so far go to Bryce Papenbrook (Blue Exorcist- Rin) and Cherami Leigh (Fairy Tail- Lucy) who play Kirito and Asuna.

Overall a great series in general so far, leaving me wanting more

4.0 out of 5 stars More great fun from such a unique programme!, 16 Dec. 2013
Following on from the end of the first volume, Sword Art Online Part 2 continues the story of being trapped in the VRMMORPG two years after it began. On this set of episodes there is a notable shift is characters and their feelings on life, particularly between Kirito and Asuna, whose relationship is something that's very enjoyable to watch develop. So much so that you are emotionally invested when an expected shift in the story comes about. However if you're someone who's wanting battles, have no fear as you'll get your fill in this volume on both an epic and unexpected scale. There are some breathtaking moments and (without giving anything away) some major events that come about that make this volume great viewing!

If you enjoyed the first volume you'll have a great time watching this!

4.0 out of 5 stars can't really say anything bad about that, 25 Nov. 2014
arrived fast enough. And well it's sword art, can't really say anything bad about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars On of my favorite anime's of all time., 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Sword Art Online Part 2 (Episodes 8-14) Blu-ray/DVD Double Play (Blu-ray)
Even though the Blu-ray isn't out yet, I've still seen all the episodes and love it. I decided to write before it came out because I think the one star reviews are completely unfair towards the show, and I don't want it to scare newcomers away from trying it.

Don't get me wrong though. I do honestly think it deserves five stars. It has good action, likeable characters, an awesome soundtrack and even some humor in there. If you like video games you are going to enjoy it even more, like me.

But, being fair, this probably won't be a five star show for everyone. I do know a lot of people find it a bit overrated, so some might only see it as a four or three star show. But as I said, the one star reviews are completely unfair towards the show, and I absolutely love it.

One last thing. Because I'm writing this before getting the Blu-ray , I haven't heard the english voices yet, so I can't review those. But, coming from one of the few anime fans that prefers english voices, it's fantastic even with only Japanese voices. And if the english voices are good, well, that just makes it better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Feb. 2015
love this anime part 2 and 4 came sooner than expected

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 31 July 2014
Great anime, it is very gripping from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Mar. 2015
Came very quick, my son loves this

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2015
great anime for the afns

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this actually available to rent LoveFilm?, 5 Oct. 2014
R. Spencer (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sword Art Online - Part 2 (DVD)
I rented the first DVD about 6 months ago and my ten year old son and I absolutely loved it, so I put this volume as 'high priority' on my rental list. After 6 months, and even having removed everything except SAO from my high priority DVDs, no cigar. I suspect there is some not-so-subtle encouragement to lure impatient LoveFilm customers into Amazon to buy further titles out of frustration.
Yes, there are reviews under the listing, but if you read them they are clearly reviews by people who have BOUGHT the DVD, not rented it.
Come on LoveFilm. We're not stupid. Either genuinely offer DVDs as rental titles or clearly label them as 'buy only'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good episodes, best in my opinion!, 13 July 2015