5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite Gaming Headphones
These headphones are brilliant. I own a pair of Turtle Beach PX5's and the Titanfall Special edition turtle beach headphones.

Published 6 months ago by Olliewog69

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality headset, however its overpriced
Published 10 months ago by TheSwayzeTrain

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality headset, however its overpriced, 7 May 2014
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Afterglow Dolby Digital 5.1 (Playstation 4/Xbox 360/PS3/PC DVD) (Video Game)
I purchased this headset for my PS4 (via Gamestop) after waiting for nearly 3 months for the offical Sony Gold Wireless headset which is still suffering from a lack of stock in Europe. I primarily wanted a wireless headset that would give me a slight edge in BF4 as in theory the surround sound should allow you to hear what direction an enemy is approaching from. The secondary reason is I wanted a headset to listen to films late at night without disturbing my flatmate. The headset comes with 3 sound modes, all they really do is give you a deeper bass. Whilst the sound is impressive and gives explosions in game and in films a nice deep rumble, for the purpose of situational awareness in game is where the headset falls down. I've actually got a cheap Turtle Beach headset which I picked up for a quarter of the cost that does a better job of letting you know what direction an enemy is approaching from. Which is a bit disappointing considering how much the afterglow headset costs. Aside from that aspect the headset is decent, so if you have a PS4 and you're considering getting a headset for COD or BF4, I'd probably hold off until the Sony Gold Wireless headset is available again, as its cheaper and comes with 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite Gaming Headphones, 20 Aug. 2014

Compared to the PX5's, there is not a lot of difference in sound quality. These are slightly better in the audio aspect, they are slightly bassier. The afterglows are VERY comfortable. Much nicer to wear than any Turtle Beaches I have worn before.

The design of these is slick. They are really sturdy and the stand just looks awesome and very professional. You can change th colours on the headphone lights and stand if you wish. This is a cool little addition.

I have had no problems with the chat. However, I can not hear myself when talking though the headphones like I can with the PX5's.

These don't require batteries like the PX5's, they charge from the stand or the console (or any USB for that matter).

I was looking at some of the brand new Turtle Beaches but thought I would take a chance with Afterglow. I'm glad I did because they are brilliant.

Build - 8
Audio - 9
Looks - 10
Value for money (compared to other brands) - 10

The only bad thing was that there was a piece of plastic broken (possibly in transit as they were sent from Germany) inside the ear phone.

Overall I would highly recommend these headphones. They are incredible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 April 2014
The product itself is great, a shame that the wireless connectivity is done via cables to a docking station rather than a direct USB dongle that was shown in the video on the PDP website. Nevertheless I have now tested with music, a video and a game chat client, and great in all purposes.
The only let down with this, and was a huge problem for me, and that was the delivery. After ordering the product, I received an email to say the product would be delivered on Monday, checked the shipping tracker and it didn't arrive in the UK until Tuesday, then sent out for delivery Wednesday. Then the nightmare started, in the short window that nobody was home, the driver attempted delivery, as nobody home, rather leave a card and re-attempt later or wait for us to call to re-arrange. The driver, under local UPS policy delivered my parcel to what they class a "Safe" location, which happened to be a shop nowhere near where I live.
I had to call the number to ask to get it redelivered correctly, they put me through to local depot to which a jobs worth kept saying driver delivered to their policy and it basically not their problem, and If I had an issue to take up with the supplier.
Anyone who orders this product, I would suggest you make a good note on your order if you want an alternative delivery, as they won't necessarily leave it there even if you pay extra. This is the only reason I am not giving full marks because of the very poor service by UPS

2.0 out of 5 stars buzzing/ bad audio...Avoid at all costs if you have a PC, just a very expensive gimmick!, 15 Aug. 2014
After having these as a gift i have had nothing but trouble, the microphone is tinny and the audio on the PC is/ can be a pain in the rear! Probably a better buy for console as trying to get them correctly set up if you have an independent sound card could be a little frustrating, for the best part they are plug and play and following the afterglow instruction video on you tube will have these up and running in minutes but if your like me and a bit of a perfectionist with your PC kit you will be cursing if you cant quite get things how you want them. I also have a constant buzzing sound in the right ear piece...not interference as i have tried these in different devices and with the provided cables etc really really annoying yet you cant hear this when there is a film or game on :/. When the volume is on and your in game the audio is OK at best...seems very difficult to find an happy medium especially as generally the bass is way too much to the point the headset feels like it wants to jump off your ears(not an exaggeration!) and it also distorts the rest of the audio... they are fairly clear at lower volumes but i think they spent all their time trying to push the 'glow' rather than the 'audio'.

Having had a pair of '5.1' headphones in the past and experiencing great audio this 'afterglow' headset will soon become an 'after thought'! I am fully aware that true 5.1 cannot be truly represented with headphones but i know the difference between good audio quality and cheap imitations... in the box there was a note saying if there are any technical difficulties do not return them and to contact pdp and submit a ticket in the support section... i have done this and after 5 day's of waiting still no response which is hardly what i would call professional.

If your buying these for the PC there's a good chance if you have had a good set of headphones before as i have then you will be disappointed with these... avoid at all cost's they really are not as good as they appear and the customer service is appalling/non existent!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great earphones, 1 Aug. 2014
I bought these for my son to use with his PS4 he reports they are fantastic, great earphones and definatly do the job

5.0 out of 5 stars HAVE AGO THERE GOOD, 20 Mar. 2014
EASY SET UP; CRISP; LOUD; SOUND; VERY GOOD WOULD RECOMMEND FOR GAMING TV FILMS MUSIC CAN'T FIND FAULT YET I HAVE USED AN ARRAY OF CONNECTORS SO THEY WORK ON ALL MY SYSTEMS VERY EASY TO DO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Gaming, 10 Sept. 2014
Bought these for my son - who is an on-line gaming geek ... he loves them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase., 11 Feb. 2015
Bought these for my son for Christmas. He loves them. Good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Oct. 2014
Best headset great sound lights are fab

1.0 out of 5 stars I found this headset to be really quite painful to wear for anything more than half an hour, 9 Oct. 2014
Absolute scam, would urge everyone to seriously reconsider if you are even thinking about buying these!

To start with, they are extremely uncomfortable to wear, even for short gaming sessions. I know that this could be just from personal experience, but nonetheless, I found this headset to be really quite painful to wear for anything more than half an hour. Secondly, the build quality is relatively cheap, nothing like it should be for a headset of this price range. I found that the button on the side of the cup was very poorly made.
Next was the actual sound, and voice quality. Admittedly, the initial sound quality wasn't that bad, but when playing more competitive FPS games like Counter-Strike, and Battlefield, and immersive games particularly of the horror genre, where directional sound is important, these fell flat on their face. There was little to none surround sound in fact, which for me was a massive irritant, and disappointment considering how much I paid for these.
As for voice quality, this was possibly the worst feature about this headset. The user's voice was extremely tinny, and low quality, to the point where it was hard for people to actually understand what you were saying. This of course not only makes playing co-operative games difficult, but also is rather annoying for other players.
Finally, the volume of other player's voices is extremely low, despite having turned volume on both the headset, and the console to full. Again, this could just be a personal issue, but regardless, it was an issue I have had with this headset, and this headset only!

All in all, I found these to be of comically bad quality, and would seriously recommend anyone to reconsider buying these.

Afterglow Dolby Digital 5.1 (Playstation 4/Xbox 360/PS3/PC DVD)
Afterglow Dolby Digital 5.1 (Playstation 4/Xbox 360/PS3/PC DVD) by PDP (Mac, PlayStation 3, Windows Vista / XP, Xbox 360)