Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 November 2013
This is the first album without the founder member of the band Luca Turilli. These great musicians recorded some 10 albums since 1997 under the name of RHAPSODY and RHAPSODY OF FIRE. All great albums ,with fantastic melodies and arrangements. So what will really happen ,when one of the geniuses of the band leaves. Is is bad or good? We have the answer. The new album is one of the best what came out under this bands name. The production is excellent ,the songs are fresh and exciting uplifting and a pure delight. I am glad there is no harsh vocals any more ,since I am not a fan of that though they did not use it a lot. Fabio has a wonderful voice and I rather listen his pure and clear voice. "Rising From Tragic Flames" and "Silver Lake Of Tears" are the 2 best songs but I love all the tunes on the cd. So RHAPSODY OF FIRE survived the big loss of Luca Turilli and created a true masterpiece.It wont leave my IPOD for a long time. It is a great listen during driving.
on 28 November 2013
Ever since I heard the teaser on youtube I've been looking forward to this one and it hasn't disapointed!! This has to be one of their best albums that reminds me of the earlier days. They've cut out all the god awful voice acting and gimmicks, the guitars finally sound like they've got some balls. The interlaced keyboard / guitar solos are great too.

Also the lyrics are much better and although still cliché (what do you expect?) are nowhere near as bad and not so horribly literal as the last few albums. I'd say its their least chessiest album yet!

It took a few spins to get fully into it but if you like this sort of thing then buy it!
on 6 November 2014
Hi guys. Bought this album about 2 months ago and can't say I was too impressed. This is the first album not to feauture founding member Luca Turilli after a mutual split where he went off to create Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. Unfortunately it isn't up to the standard of the earlier albums. One of the main problems I found with this album was that the songs seemed to lack individualism, it seemed to me listening to it that many of the tracks just blend into one another without clear structure. Some of the songs seem to even start with the same intro. Despite this, there are some good points about this album, many of the songs show off the some excellent guitar work, however I feel that sometimes this can be drowned out by the heavy keyboard. Also, the constant "epic" feel of every track seems to lose it's effect throughout the album. It's not the worst album out there, but if you're looking to get in Rhapsody I'd start with some of their earlier stuff like Dawn of Victory or Legendary Tales. I'd also definitely recommend Luca Turilli's Rhapsody's new album "Ascending to Infinity". Hope this helped.
on 15 February 2014
In comparison to previous things, this one is a litle bit boring. A new sound of the group is nice but it lost something. A melody is not juicy or reach enough.
Jozef
on 8 January 2014
This album was a dissapoinment, It doesn't sound like Rhapsody Of Fire at all. Tried to listen to it whole and it got boring. It's a GOOD piece, but Staropoli drifted away from the sound to which we are used to (and we love)
on 18 October 2014