5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I never bought it on release.
I was going to buy this on release but forgot about it. After this popping through the door I'm glad I did forget.

Published 16 months ago by Paul "NS1000"

3.0 out of 5 stars music
This was bought as a gift for my brother-in-law, he loved it.
He says he would recommend this album to anyone who is a Deep Purple fan
Published 12 months ago by Catharine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I never bought it on release., 3 Dec. 2013
Paul "NS1000" (Somewhere in England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)

The original album was worth the wait. This SE version comes in a metallic gold gatefold digi-pac embossed sleeve with two discs, each in inner printed sleeves and two thick booklets. You all know the material on both discs but I'd have been gutted if I had bought the original and now seen this.

I've been stung with other bands doing this, now, I'm prepared to wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vincent Price, 22 April 2015
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
Wasn't sure how I was going to feel about someone taking over from Jon Lord so approached this recording with a certain amount of trepidation.
This is the first DP album I have heard with Don Airey on keyboards and on first listening realised he is an extremely competent and accomplished performer. Some of the songs are very typical DP and on these Don Airey fits in really well with his Jon Lord emulations, right down to the famous distorted Hammond sound. Where this album differs in my opinion is probably down to DA's influence and on certain songs he really shines and some of the music and his playing is reminicent of Keith Emerson which to me was unexpected and took some getting used to but ultimately works well. All in all an excellent album with a few outstanding songs (Vincent Price for one!) while the rest of the band are still performing brilliantly as ever and Gillan seems to be improving with age and not slowing down like the rest of us. The bonus in this edition is the live tracks featuring Hard Lovin Man from the "In Rock" album which I have never heard live before and considering it was first recorded when they were 44 years younger really stand out for me. Get it you wont be sorry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant From Start To Finsh, 17 Feb. 2014
David Cranson (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
Quite frankly - the length of time between albums notwithstanding - this is the best DP album on AGES. Right up there on a par with the best of Mk 2, and any other combination of the Purple line-ups.

Intelligent, loud, bluesy, quality stuff. Good song writing and fabulous playing. Gillan's voice is sounding rather good, even at his age.

The slow start to the album took me by surprise, but the building quality of the song is wonderful, and quite frankly I couldn't wee them starting with anything else, having listened to the album 2 or 3 times now.

The bonus Live disc adds very well to the large live body of work available to the Purple fan. Recorded all over the place, it is well recorded and engineered, crisp and clear and is the sound of a band on it's top form. A good collection of songs (although personally I do wish they'd do more post '84 stuff).

A brilliant album, by a brilliant band, who - I think - we may not have around much longer. If this is one of the last albums by Deep Purple, then it's a cracker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Purple At Their Best, 17 Jan. 2014
Mr. Doug Waller (England) - See all my reviews
A wonderful double CD!
CD1 - superb new album - this is not "In Rock" or "Machine Head" - this is 2013 and this is Deep Purple at their up to date best!
CD2 - A mixture of "Live" and old tracks all sounding excellent.
Any Deep Purple fan would want this in their collection and those of a different generation could well find a great rock band - "on song"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Purple return with a vengence, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
So the gang return and about time Morsey at second to none -almost as good as me !! but who decided on those photos u either
had a great night our or I dont want to meet u in an Alleyway !
The Album is great reminds me of the old days and at 63 I need reminding

All love and prayers to u all
Tony

5.0 out of 5 stars ... when it comes to music - this IS ****ing awesome! TRUST, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
I am a pernickety Swine when it comes to music - this IS ****ing awesome! TRUST ME

5.0 out of 5 stars To think I hesitated..., 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
The second DP album I have bought. The first was Machine Head on cassette MANY moons ago. What is it about the band that passed me by? Maybe too much keyboard and rather pedestrian-paced riffs. How ignorant!!

This is quality adult rock music. Even the fruity keyboard parps and swirls that kick in when the first track starts rocking sound refreshing.

Lots of catchy tunes and the live cd is really good. Great sound, great playing, great singing (Gillan still wailing!). Hard Loving Man is superb - can't believe I had not come across this track before now.

What's Next ?...

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
deep purple are the best band ever and this album is great simple song what a song hell to pay and now we have a live cd aswell great album hopefully it will be put out as a double live album.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good return, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
The album takes a bit of getting used to as there are not too many stand out tracks but no real duff ones. However, Vincent Price, All the time in the world and Hell to Pay are excellent. The accompanying live cd is brilliant and just what you would expect if you have seen Deep Purple. I am so glad I did not get the album when it first came out now the live cd is with the version I brought. Not fair on those punters who got it when it first came out but for a change it has worked in my favour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than i thought it was going to be from ..., 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
Much better than i thought it was going to be from initial advertisement hearing, as a Deep Purple fan i was a bit dubious but i should not have been worried, well done chaps. WHAT NOW!?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Now What?! Gold Edition
Now What?! Gold Edition by Deep Purple (Audio CD - 2013)