5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I never bought it on release.
I was going to buy this on release but forgot about it. After this popping through the door I'm glad I did forget.

Published 8 months ago by Paul "NS1000"

3.0 out of 5 stars music
This was bought as a gift for my brother-in-law, he loved it.
He says he would recommend this album to anyone who is a Deep Purple fan
Published 4 months ago by Catharine

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I never bought it on release., 3 Dec 2013
Paul "NS1000" (Somewhere in England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)

The original album was worth the wait. This SE version comes in a metallic gold gatefold digi-pac embossed sleeve with two discs, each in inner printed sleeves and two thick booklets. You all know the material on both discs but I'd have been gutted if I had bought the original and now seen this.

I've been stung with other bands doing this, now, I'm prepared to wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Purple return with a vengence, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
So the gang return and about time Morsey at second to none -almost as good as me !! but who decided on those photos u either
had a great night our or I dont want to meet u in an Alleyway !
The Album is great reminds me of the old days and at 63 I need reminding

All love and prayers to u all
Tony

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
deep purple are the best band ever and this album is great simple song what a song hell to pay and now we have a live cd aswell great album hopefully it will be put out as a double live album.

3.0 out of 5 stars music, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
This was bought as a gift for my brother-in-law, he loved it.
He says he would recommend this album to anyone who is a Deep Purple fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant From Start To Finsh, 17 Feb 2014
David Cranson (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
Quite frankly - the length of time between albums notwithstanding - this is the best DP album on AGES. Right up there on a par with the best of Mk 2, and any other combination of the Purple line-ups.

Intelligent, loud, bluesy, quality stuff. Good song writing and fabulous playing. Gillan's voice is sounding rather good, even at his age.

The slow start to the album took me by surprise, but the building quality of the song is wonderful, and quite frankly I couldn't wee them starting with anything else, having listened to the album 2 or 3 times now.

The bonus Live disc adds very well to the large live body of work available to the Purple fan. Recorded all over the place, it is well recorded and engineered, crisp and clear and is the sound of a band on it's top form. A good collection of songs (although personally I do wish they'd do more post '84 stuff).

A brilliant album, by a brilliant band, who - I think - we may not have around much longer. If this is one of the last albums by Deep Purple, then it's a cracker!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Quick, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
I would definitely recommend this gold edition, love the packaging and of course the contents of the album. Arrived quickly too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good return, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
The album takes a bit of getting used to as there are not too many stand out tracks but no real duff ones. However, Vincent Price, All the time in the world and Hell to Pay are excellent. The accompanying live cd is brilliant and just what you would expect if you have seen Deep Purple. I am so glad I did not get the album when it first came out now the live cd is with the version I brought. Not fair on those punters who got it when it first came out but for a change it has worked in my favour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Purple At Their Best, 17 Jan 2014
Mr. Doug Waller (England) - See all my reviews
A wonderful double CD!
CD1 - superb new album - this is not "In Rock" or "Machine Head" - this is 2013 and this is Deep Purple at their up to date best!
CD2 - A mixture of "Live" and old tracks all sounding excellent.
Any Deep Purple fan would want this in their collection and those of a different generation could well find a great rock band - "on song"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold star to Deep Purple, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
I was'nt sure about getting this as i already had the normal album, but after thinking about it decided that it might be worth having, i'm glad i did. It is worth having just for the live tracks, but you also get two extra tracks on the album disc. Great album, Great band, hope there's another album in less than eight years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than i thought it was going to be from ..., 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Now What?! Gold Edition (Audio CD)
Much better than i thought it was going to be from initial advertisement hearing, as a Deep Purple fan i was a bit dubious but i should not have been worried, well done chaps. WHAT NOW!?

Now What?! Gold Edition
Now What?! Gold Edition by Deep Purple (Audio CD - 2013)