5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!
W.O.W I need a Quinn like NOW!!!! I absolutely loved this story!! In fact I've loved both books that I have read from this author! She is amazing at creating these stories with such a wonderfully deep storyline and a beautifully told love story at the same time! Love it :)
Published 4 months ago by Sharlay

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Quinn
I gave Before You Break 3.5 Stars.

"This boy-this man-was asking for the moon and the stars. And I was willing to shoot us straight off the map. And offer him the entire universe."

Published 5 months ago by Ava & Brianna @ Biblio Belles

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, 15 Mar 2014
Sharlay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars suicide theme didn't overwhelm the romance, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Before You Break: Between Breaths (Kindle Edition)
Suicide-hotline worker feels a kinship with fellow college-student Hero who called the hotline anonymously due to having suicidal thoughts. They unknowingly have the same circle of friends since Hero is her boyfriend’s frat brother. Hero and heroine personally connect one night and their relationship progresses quickly. But heroine still has a boyfriend and Hero secrets that prevent him from being in a committed relationship. How do they maneuver past their romance barriers? How do they react when they find out that Hero is the suicide caller & heroine the hotline help?

A good read. The suicide theme didn’t detract from the main romance. It was a point of similarity between Hero and heroine but it wasn’t the center of their romance. Hero and heroine had a strong mutual physical attraction. But it was their unexplainable connection that quickly drew them together. It shook them out of their current state of living: Hero with his self-blame & guilt and heroine with her dissatisfying relationship with her neglectful boyfriend. It made them consider taking risks while finding safety with each other. Their romance grew & the question of infidelity came up.** There are steamy scenes but, with Hero limiting their intimacy, their emotional connection was allowed to more fully develop. It went hand in hand with their character growth. Hero and heroine end up being better people at the end of the book.

Recommended.

**A more detailed review with SPOILERS is on my blog … movesme.blogspot.com/2014/02/before-you-break-christina-lee.html
*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Quinn, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Before You Break: Between Breaths (Kindle Edition)
I gave Before You Break 3.5 Stars.

As soon as I read the very first page and the tears formed, I knew I was in for an emotional read, Ella's story grasped me straight away and I couldn't wait to read more.

Quinn has been consumed with guilt since the death of his best friend. A chain of events led to the accident that took Sebastian's life, yet Quinn could only see himself as the cause. Quinn couldn't see a way out of the darkness and entertained suicidal thoughts. When he reached out for help via a suicide prevention helpline, little did he know, Gabby would bring him back from the brink, in more ways than one.

I really liked the subject matter of the story, I think suicide is prevalent in society today and I loved that this subject was highlighted and brought to the forefront. The story was about acceptance; for Quinn to accept this his friend was no longer alive and that he could not live Sebastian's life for him. Above all, it was about Quinn coming to terms with the accident and accepting that he was not to blame. With Ella's physical presence and Gabby's listening ear, Quinn was able to find hope in the darkness that once consumed him.

Ella was a tough girl with plenty of issues of her own. She had grieved for her brother and turned his suicide into something helpful, she dedicated her life to helping others, no matter how small her role may be, she wanted to reach out and make a difference to people when they were at their lowest. Ella was a strong, independent girl but she had to work up the courage to sever the last link to her brother. She held on to her boyfriend Joel for all the wrong reasons and I was glad when she finally came to her senses.

I did have one little issue with the story, ok it might be a slightly big one, as it was the crux of the storyline but I struggled to believe Ella and Quinn didn't recognise each other's voices when talking via the helpline. At first, perhaps they wouldn't have known each other that well but they did socialise in the same circles before they got intimate and I questioned why they wouldn't recognise each other. Especially when Ella knew Daniel's voice so well, "I didn't know anything about him except how his voice sounded during the different emotions he'd expressed. How it was rougher when he was on the verge of tears. Had a dignified inflection when he was more optimistic." couldn't the same be said for Quinn's? That was my personal little niggle and perhaps it held me back loving Quinn and Ella's story completely but it would in no way impede your enjoyment of their journey.

I enjoyed Christina Lee's writing style; the dual point of view worked well and enabled me as a reader to connect to both characters. The chemistry between Quinn and Ella was captured greatly and the sexual tension was palpable. I found myself highlighting many passages as they were beautifully phrased and really captured the romance between Ella and Quinn. I would have liked more depth with regards to Ella's relationship with her friends Avery and Rachel, I felt their closeness was a little forced at times, I didn't feel their lifelong connection and felt that could've been nurtured more. This would've helped the build up for Rachel's story next. With that being said, Christina's writing has grown wonderfully since the first book and I do look forward to reading more of her work.

Before You Break was a good new adult story, fans of the genre will enjoy reading about Ella and Quinn and their emotional journey they embark on. It's definitely worth a read. ~Ava

*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, 19 Feb 2014
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Before You Break: Between Breaths (Kindle Edition)
I loved 'All of You', the first book in this series and Christina Lee's debut, so had no hesitation in reading this. And 'Before You Break' doesn't disappoint as once again she has brought us a couple to love in Quinn and Ella and a beautiful story to accompany them.

I loved Bennett, but Quinn was something else. I instantly became attached to him and Ella and was completely invested in their journey from the start. These two are kindred spirits; both have faced terrible, realistic heartache and loss and whilst Quinn is struggling, Ella has processed her grief.

Told from both perspectives, Quinn's was particularly tough on the emotions and my heart absolutely went out to him. Ella has a strength, determination and selflessness that is humbling and their attraction and want for each other is undeniable. But it is always simmering in the background that Ella is also unwittingly supporting Quinn in her professional capacity.

It's romantic, passionate, heartwarming and touching and I couldn't put it down (it's now 1.30am). If you are a fan of NA reads and the first book (although this could be read as a standalone), you won't be at all disappointed.

Before You Break: Between Breaths