5.0 out of 5 stars new to geocaching, 17 Feb 2011
Deals with all the basics and a whole lot more, providing a thorough grounding in all things cache related.

I purchased this book as a complete novice and would recommend those in the same boat do likewise. The language used is all fairly simple, and anything remotely tricky is explained at a level even I could grasp.

Enjoy your new hobby and avoid those 'muggles'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Geocaching in the UK, 1 Jan 2012
Bought this for my son-in-law who wants to start geocaching. Good introduction to the basics to get you going. Although I haven't read it myself, son-in-law was pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good insight into geocaching, 1 Jun 2012
Purchased as a gift for father who is a fanatical geocacher. he reports that the book was well presented and interesting and still had worthwhile content despite him being a seasoned geocacher

4.0 out of 5 stars A very basic introduction to the world of "Geocaching", 29 Aug 2012
As a highly experienced Geocacher myself, I highly recommend this book for the very new cachers who have only done a handful of caches and still quite haven't got the grasp. Actually to be honest this book is what you ideally need to read before exploring Geocaching as it will really amplify your experience! If you have already been caching and are after something with a little more puch, personally i'd look elswhere, but as I say this is ideal for a "newbie".

Happy Caching :)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent beginners tool, 8 Oct 2012
Michael Hill "book worm" (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
I heard about geocaching in a roundabout way when I purchased my GPS unit. I wanted to learn more, out of curiosity than anything else.
I purchased "Geocaching in the UK" to find out more on the subject and believe me this is all you need as a beginner's instruction manual.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction, 15 Aug 2013
A comprehensive introduction to geocaching. Well illustrated and aimed at the British market. You may go back to it later for reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Geocaching in the UK, 10 Aug 2013
Great for those who do not fully understand geocaching - it is a great pastime for all the family and something that does not cost every time you go out. Can be done on your way or on your way back from anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for getting started!, 9 Aug 2013
A. MCCULLOCH - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my son and I who recently discovered geocaching as a fun way to spend some time together and enjoy some outdoor activity. Though there is a lot of information that can be found by searching the internet, I found this book invaluable in providing the basic information to get one out there and hunting for those caches!

The author provides information on supplies to take with you (which range from a simple bottle of water for easy caches) to a more involved list for those more difficult finds that may have you embarking on an extended trek. He also covers different kinds of caches, how to hide your own, where to find caches, technology used, navigation skills and more.

All in all, this is a very informative book that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone interested in getting started geocaching.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 8 Jun 2013
I found the book interesting, well written and a good source of information for me to take up geo caching.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves It, 11 Mar 2013
Some good photos and advice, a nice, easy read, especially for new geocachers. My daughter loves geocaching and now has this by her bed at all times for 'dipping' in to. She says she thinks this book is exciting and lots of fun.

Geocaching in the UK (Techniques)