5.0 out of 5 stars Just fabulous

2.0 out of 5 stars Crackling noises when using the microphone
Published 2 months ago by michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fabulous, 14 July 2014
H. Coles "Walking contradiction" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corsair Raptor HS40 USB 7.1 Comfortable Gaming Headset (Accessory)
After several months use I thought I would come back here and write this review. I searched for many days for a budget headset that was usb, and after careful consideration and thorough reading of reviews I landed upon this beauty. The pieces over the ears are very comfortable but it does not block out every background noise (but at this price I wasn't expecting it to) however if you are gaming or listening to music you wont be able to hear what is in the background if you put your volume up :)
When you first start using this headset be aware it can feel a bit heavy and I remember during the first week my neck hurt a little bit after use but this does go away. The mic part has clear sound and people on the other end hear minimal background noise. I online game and use voice communication software a lot and there has never been an issue with the mic not working/being unable to be heard. Overall it does the job and I'm extremely happy with this product. I don't believe that there can be many models with similar price that can match the quality this headset offers. Plus the sound whilst listening to music is fantastic. I have also read a few reviews where people commented the plastic is flimsy etc and I would like to say if my headset can survive a hyper kitten pulling on the wires and pulling it off my desk and also survive my 2 year old son who on many occasion has dropped them on the floor , then so can yours!

2.0 out of 5 stars Crackling noises when using the microphone, 31 Aug 2014
Just received this product a few days ago, the sound is incredible but when using the microphone I have been getting crackling sounds, which doesn't allow other people to hear my voice, I have downloaded the drivers for this headset and tried to tweak the microphone settings and simply no luck. Found this to be the downside of this product and I wouldn't recommend this product if your looking for a headset with a functioning microphone with no static or crackling noises.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unavoidable hiss = unavoidable return, 13 Oct 2014
Version: USB

Audio quality: Clear and defined, but WAY too much balance on the bass. Using the packaged software unable to really correct this much.

Microphone: Totally average sound quality, no special degree of noise reduction easily picking up outside sounds. The arm is HORRIBLE and very difficult to bend towards your mouth.

Build: Quite sturdy, I'm sure can take many a drop from your desk without too much worry.

Fit: Very tight. I have an average size 23yo male head and it is a great deal tighter than my Plantronics Gamecon 780 this was due to replace (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-GameCom-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B0079G2Y52/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1413232761&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=gamescon)

My personal experience: Persistent and unavoidable hiss coming through the headphones. I tried stock and packaged drivers, 3 different USB ports and no joy. Ensured no wireless devices were on around my PC and checked other headsets on my computer and no issues. Assuming this may be due to poor insulation on the cables or in the cups and it was therefore picking up something like a HDD or a cooling fan. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed enough by the other assets of this headset to start taking my PC apart to identify where the incompatibility was so these went straight back to Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, really comfy, 24 Aug 2014
Is a really comfortable headset, i use this everyday for more than 3 hours a day and it is simply bliss, one thing i do note is the 7.1 surround sound was alittle hard to get used to to start with, but after a while i was all good, if your download the drivers for this headset it even gives you a option to bypass the &.1 surround sound if you please! one last thing is i can't hear my self when i talk which is purely preference for me as my last head set was a pair of turtle beach's Ear Force x12

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, 6 Aug 2014
They're so comfy it feels like your ears are still in the soft embrace of the womb. These ear placentas are well worth the price

Mics a little over-sensitive though.

2.0 out of 5 stars The design of this headset looks nice and is comfortable, 23 Nov 2014
The design of this headset looks nice and is comfortable, it can be adjusted easy and the mic is a decent quality. After a few weeks of using this I have had a few problems. The wires begins to tangle and twist and it stays in that position. When you pull/stretch the wire to get it straight again it goes back into the tangles position. When I try and put the wire back to being straight, it makes strange sounds through the headset and I lose my in-game sound. The Mic, although being an okay quality can randomly stop working and my voice sounds distorted. Overall the surround sound is good but I use a different pair of earphones for my in-game/PC sound because I don't want to keep restarting my games every time the headset decides to lose my sound. I have to unplug the headset from my PC and plug them back in again to fix the problem. I did this again earlier and now the sound won't play through them and my mic has stopped working. I have never hit the headset or damaged it in anyway, the wire just tangles and I think the wire inside has broke. My friend has the same headset and he has the same problem. Looks like I am sending these back. I think I will go for Astro's or Razer headset from now on...

5.0 out of 5 stars Better quality than first expected, 24 April 2014
Ginger "Crazy Curry" (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I first received this headset I quickly tried it on games such as Skyrim and Titanfall. I felt that the quality of this gaming headset was much more powerful than previous headsets I owned with a smooth and attractive look and feel. I found that the installation process was as easy as plugging in a USB and waiting a very short amount of time before my desktop computer quickly picked up the device.

I was able to listen to the extremely detailed environment Skyrim had to offer; the power of waterfalls went from one ear to the next with crystal clear sound. If you're friend or partner is wearing these headsets at full volume you will find it hard to hear a thing.

I highly recommend these headsets over any other on the market as many are currently over priced due to their brand and not the quality they should have.

UPDATE: This headset also works with the Playstation 4 system using the USB connection. I now use my headset to make voice commands to my console simulating Microsoft's Kinnect.

4.0 out of 5 stars With a nice equalization, it can be very good to listen ..., 5 Oct 2014
With a nice equalization, it can be very good to listen to music and play games. I've never had a 7.1 headset before, so I can't make a good comparision when it comes to the surround simulation, but the effect isn't something special. It's hard to tell where things are when you hear them, mainly when the sound comes from above or behind you, probably because there is no "visual contact" between you and whatever happens. This means that it's hard to indentify where a helicopter or an enemy is when you hear the noises that they make. Still, I'm being able to hear a lot more stuff while using this headset instead of normal earphones. It's bigger than my head, so it's loose when i'm using it. Mine came with a problem on the left speaker, which I think is very rare, and the microphone also produces some noise whle using, probably because of the same problem on the left speaker. Anyway, i would recommend buying this one, since it's very cheap and it does what it is supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for the price!, 26 July 2014
Brilliant quality headset, great sound quality compared to my previous headset (Turtlebeach PX11). The 7.1 surround works amazingly well! The ear, and head pads are good quality, very comfortable compared to other headsets around this price, The overall build quality is good, and very strong. The speakers are very clear, even at high volumes, they use 40mm drivers, unlike the Vengeance line of Corsair headsets, such as the 1400, Which use 50mm Drivers, I can't actually notice all that much difference between 40mm and 50mm drivers. The material used on the ear pads gives amazing soundproofing, compared to other headsets. As you would expect from Corsair, There is not much to fault about this headset, The only thing that I can fault about the headset is the cable, Which is just a standard thickness, unexceptional non braided cable. Although, adding a thicker braided cable would mean higher prices, and this headset is meant as a 'budget' option for gamers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price. Maybe a bit tight for the first few days., 14 Nov 2014
A. Priedniece - See all my reviews
Well, I bought this and I am very surprised by its quality. First, it is sturdy, but not as though you can throw it at a wall in rage without a worry, It will probably break if that's what happens. Other than that, This headset is a bit clampy (It squeezes your head) but I think this can be fixed if you put it on your chair for a while or just keep it on your head and get used to it. The mic quality as I've heard from a friend on skype is that it is not that great and that my Blue Snowball iCE is better.

So in general, this headset is great for budget gamers such as myself, and is great quality. Though I did get the headset one day late (which is still expected from amazon carriers). It has 7.1 surround sound and it is indeed comfortable. This is on my own regard though and It's my opinion which can vary from person to person. All in all, Great product and for the price, it was definitely worth it.