5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, 14 Mar. 2014
Rebecca Carter (West Midlands Wolverhampton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Souls II - Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I had high hopes for this game as I was a huge fan of the original Dark Souls and I am definitely not disappointed. It arrived exactly when it was expected and in perfect condition. The Knight statue is well-made and a solid figurine - would highly recommend for collectors of that sort of thing. Also I was impressed with the CLOTH map, as it is actually cloth, not paper (yes you, Skyrim -_-) and looked very authentic. In addition to the above the concept art book was well done and the plaque thing naming your specific number out of 2500 was impressive and snazzy. Finally the game itself, I obviously haven't played through the whole game yet but the gameplay is much like the original dark souls, the graphics if anything are even better than it's predecessor and some of the areas are breathtaking. I would highly recommend this for any fans of the original dark souls and it definitely isn't a step down, if anything it is a slight improvement, and it definitely doesn't get any easier. Prepare to die again, and again and again unless you're a dark souls beast (unlike me!).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sequel Dark Souls Deserved, 26 Mar. 2014
This game is now my favourite game of all time, knocking the original off of it's throne.

The game has much more content than the original. I have about 46 hours clocked in on my first character and have completed the game. This game is just begging to be explored with secrets hidden at every possible location.

If you are a fan of Dark Souls or Demon Souls, just buy this game, you will love it. The game is more accessible but it doesn't make the game any easier, it just gives new players a basic understanding of the game and the story is a lot easier to follow if you aren't one to look through every item description.

The collectors edition is definitely worth the asking price, you get the game, the soundtrack, the artbook, a bunch of thematic weapons (Although this may just be a pre-order exclusive), a map of Drangleic and a very detailed statue of the character from all the Dark Souls 2 adverts. The soundtrack to this game is even better than that of the original, it's very atmospheric.

This game is so good that I've got the PC version on pre-order.

There is also a very useful guide out there for anyone having problems progressing in the game. EpicNameBro and A German Spy helped create it so it is guaranteed to be of a high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sequel to the best game of all time!, 31 Mar. 2014
Dark souls is my favourite game ever so this one had a lot to live up to. It does not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Souls II, 26 Jun. 2014
Very pleased. My son wanted this for his birthday and he hasn't been disappointed. He absolutely loves it and hasn't stopped playing it. The figurine you had with it was really detailed - in fact in my son's words it was awesome!!

100% happy

4.0 out of 5 stars May be great game but could be better collection., 10 Jun. 2014
In fact i received it earlier than the estimated date, but i was little bit upset of the statue quality specially the ground where he standing up it, you feel the details and the quality of the ground different than his body quality.
They should give more attention for the details if they are willing to create Statue like for example the details quality of Assassin creed statue always a piece of art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it to the death, 31 May 2014
Aelaos (Giannitsa, Greece) - See all my reviews
DKS II maybe is lacking the gloomy atmosphere of the first one , but is surely a much more entertaining game. Its strength is the online charecteristics, co-op and pvp alike .it has great graphics and constant frame rate. I also love the game mechanics of souls games . I think they must become the norm for RPG games. The contents of the collectors edition won't disappoint you , and I recommend to buy it , if you are a DKS veteran . If you haven't play any souls game , stop loosing time and order one of them .

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to die again!, 5 May 2014
Gavin Jackson "tonixuk" (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
Let me start by stating i think Dark Souls 2 is quite possibly my favorite game ever and i have have already ploughed over 150 hours into it.
The graphics are excellent with no real bugs and the gameplay is very similar to the original game which in my opinion makes a souls game.
I was a big Dark Souls fan and wasn't disappointed in the slightest with From software's new offering. As for the collectors edition i got it for only £62 with Amazon and the figure and all the other items represent huge value for money.

Cant wait for DS3

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Game, 1 May 2014
Waited ages to get this as a gift for my son. Lucky enough t get the collector's edition, brilliant figurine, soundtrack and art book, plus a bonus limited edition signed plaque. Fantastic game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 20 April 2014
So, I thought I'd play through the game at least once before writing a review and I can tell you now I was gripped from start to finish! I clocked up around 80+ he's without a guide and exploring everywhere I could find. I have just started NG+ and I must admit, I'm having even more fun second time around. The different enemy placement, enemies move sets shuffled up (with new ones added), new enemies (inc. Lots of phantoms!!!) And new items make this game worth playing through a second time! Not to mention the different characters and play styles that are available, so you will definitely get your moneys worth!!!
Overall I'd give this game a 9/10, with 1 point nocked off as the world isn't as intertwined as it was in DaS. But apart from that, I feel everything else has been improved upon.

So, what are you waiting for? Order this glorious masterpiece and Prepare to Die, all over again......

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game but contents of this addition..., 11 April 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Fun game! I'm enjoying dying again...again and again. However I'm very disappointed with the contents of the collectors addition!
The statue very poor quality. I can feel the cheapness and the paint work is poor (I collect figures so this one is very poor compared to other I own). The cloth map is nice but very blurry.
However the art book is superb! The steel book case is one of the best ones Ive got.
But all together not worth your money! If you want this game just get the regular addition. I've gotten many collectors additions, this dark souls 2 collectors addition is nothing compared to others.

Dark Souls II - Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)