4.0 out of 5 stars In my humble opinion...
Published 1 month ago by JohnnyR

Published 8 months ago by david roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars In my humble opinion..., 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: How to Use LinkedIn to Sell More Books (Writer's Platform Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
My reason for reading this booklet I must admit was out of curiosity rather than need, since I have no books I need to promote. My view on the usefulness of LinkedIn has always been uncertain, swinging from 'what's the point' to 'great professional networking tool'. My own interest being from that of a SEO perspective since LinkedIn seems to get a lot of love from Google search. That's the nub really, I've never thought of it as a platform for authors to promote themselves and their products, but this booklet clearly shows how this is possible.

There are no magic bullets it maintains as its all about the long haul, that is building up a network of relevant contacts and establishing yourself as an authority in your niche or genre so that people follow you and actually read your posts, particularly where Groups are concerned. As well as extending your network there is some good advice on building your profile to establish your credentials and promoting your books. As this is the first book I have read on the subject I do not have a yardstick with which to judge its merits knowledgeably, but what I would say as an interested layman is that after reading it I now have a fair idea of how to utilise LinkedIn to promote any books should the need arise.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... Linkedin to Sell More Books which is quite a good book which I bought on kindle, 17 July 2014
The book I read to research this post was How to Use Linkedin to Sell More Books which is quite a good book which I bought on kindle. Actually I think this book was a free download. This book focuses on a very narrow field namely selling books on Linkedin and there is very little telling you how to actually use the site. If you want to learn how to use the site I recommend Linkedin For Dummies. This book which is very short just tells you how to make new contacts on the site. Mostly via contacting someone who knows the person or joining a group the person is a member of. There is also a little on how to do searches in Linkedin via the search box at the bottom of the page. There is a little on marketing books and e-books in general. If you are lucky enough to get a publishing contract publishing houses in general do little or no marketing especially for new up and coming authors. I think this is more of an inspiration piece for budding authors than a how to manual. I'd recommend this if it is free but I think even if it is for sale for 99 p there are better books available for the same money. The authors haven't put much effort into it. I also think there are too many books available on selling e-books & I have read lots and found little new here.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best suggestion was connecting up with a group, 16 Sept. 2014
barweb (Cornwall/Ecuador) - See all my reviews
I think that the main point of the book is that in having to market any published kindle book we have to be prepared to establish links over a period of time with other members of a business community ie.LlinkedIn. The best suggestion was connecting up with a group. However, when I checked the number of active groups on writing or publishing I did not find kindred spirits there. So one would have to set up one's own group. There were some good tips for setting up your profile and making the most of what LinkedIn offers eg "leaving a teasing offer" instead of pushing the idea of "Buy my book!".