5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking album!
Published 11 months ago by Stuart Barnish

Published 7 hours ago by Christma christmass

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking album!, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Native (MP3 Download)
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this album as i don't know a great deal about OneRepublic. I've heard a few of their older songs but really liked Counting stars when I heard it. So I listened to the samples from the album liked them too so bought it. I've had it playing constantly on my phone the past couple of days and can honestly say it's one of the best albums I own. Any of the songs could be a number one single, the lead singer has a great voice and the lyrics are fantastic. For me it has a real Coldplay mashed with early U2 anthemic sound to it, it's brilliant just buy it you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Native (Audio CD)
I only recently got interested in Onerepublic after hearing Counting Stars on the radio, I then ordered this cd - loved it!! I then realised that I knew some of their older songs 'Apologise' and 'Stop and Stare' so I've since ordered two other cd's and have booked tickets to see them in Leeds next year - I love them and totally recommend this cd :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Native (Audio CD)
Yet another brilliant album from one republic not a bad track on the whole album played in the car constantly

4.0 out of 5 stars Song missing?, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Native (Audio CD)
Great album, but one small fault. The track listing is different on amazon to what you actually get. On the mp3 version you don't get the allesso remix of if I lose myself. This is one of the best song one the album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expectations met :), 30 Mar 2013
Benson (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Native (Audio CD)
I've followed OneRepublic since the very early days and was eagerly awaiting 'Native'. Frontman, Ryan Tedder is a ridiculous songwriting talent and one you probably don't even realise you are listening to half the time. He was responsible for Leona Lewis's monster hit 'Bleeding Love' and Beyoncé's 'Halo' amongst other things.

'Native' has a logical growth from the first two albums but doesn't move completely away from the signature sound of what have gave OneRepublic smash hits in the past. It's a little more 'worldy', probably due to large parts of the album being recorded in France and parts in Greece. The standout track for me was 'Burning Bridges' for its sheer ability to move me and make me wish I had written the song about my life. There's plenty more to like here though. If you love those pulsating OneRepublic beats try 'If I Lose Myself' or 'What You Wanted'.

If you're new to OneRepublic (where have you been?) I always describe them as the best bits of Coldplay with all the right bits of commercial urban music.

The deluxe version is totally worth it not only for the acoustic tracks but the very anthemic 'Life in Color'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, very underrated band, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Native (Audio CD)
When you have one of the world's hottest and most in-demand writers at your disposal, it's perplexing to be a band that hasn't quite garnered the public attention you deserve.

Sure, Apologise was a mega worldwide hit, and maybe Stop and Stare drew some interest.
But really, only All The Right Moves and Good Life made some minor impact in the states and these guys should be bigger.

Their first album - Dreaming Out Loud had some fine songs, but they kinda didn't sound very unique or exciting on a lot of the tracks.
Waking Up really saw the band flourish and find a more individual sound and identity. It was too bad the album didn't break out more.

This album follows on very well from Waking Up and moves a little more boldly forward.

So, all in all, this is a fine new album from the guys and hopefully they will get more recognition. They aren't just another indie, soft-rock band peddling Coldplay-lite songs.

These guys have their own unique sound and identity and they have some really great songs.

This album is a lot more upbeat in tempo and tone, Au Revoir being the only real ballad and a stand out one at that.

More electronic influences have crept into their sound, very comfortably so too. If I Lose Myself and Feel Again - as leading singles- showed this very well .

Standouts for me- the more stripped back Counting Stars is really vibrant and toe-tappingly infectious, great opener,

I love What You Wanted and the catchy guitar riff the song is built from,

I Lived is very catchy and screams single potential - such a great song and a great message too.

Burning Bridges is unmistakably Tedder work , just shows he doesn't always hold his best stuff back for other artists, if some big pop star was given this melody it would be a HUGE hit, it would be great this time if this could be a hit single for One Republic maybe.

Preacher is another inspiring upbeat number , again flourishes of more electro touches but this all just goes to show the boys are moving in a good direction. Maybe, this is gonna see them push forward more successfully as a commercial act.I wish them well, Waking Up shouldn't have gone below the radar as much as it did, let's hope the guys can garner a wider audience with this record.

Certainly nothing here that disappoints, another fine album turned in by some very talented musicians here.

1.0 out of 5 stars co's c.f.Iowa's experience sinus infection ec Hobson kingship hobo go bay, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Native (Audio CD)
Friday night lights Pac McDonald's subscription I've been working smarter Tchaikovsky S.A.November QuicKBooks eBay's economic growth o.k.huff tic team explains why put S.A.c'mon B.C.February QuickBooks Stevens Stanley cup winners ecotourism Hague Labour government up Azkaban're Eckert Djokovic shamanism genius do not going through my God bless them have Sao Paulo X-Files c.d.s.u

3.0 out of 5 stars Native - OneRepublic, 17 Sep 2014
Jo Turner (Oxon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Native (Audio CD)
As with any album I will never like all of the tracks
I did listen to this before I bought it and love a couple and like a few others, but it's not one of my favs.
Some of the lyrics are really bad.
But if you're a die hard OneRepublic fan you'll love this regardless.
Great service!

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great c.d., 27 Sep 2014
This review is from: Native (Audio CD)
second c.d. of ONE REPUBLIC ive bought , and think it is a great c.d ,so much so have given my daughters a copy too..very catchy songs and didnt take long to get used too. i have a shop so listen to c.ds every day ... this is my first choice !!!! a very underated group , and songwriter..... jim

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 July 2014
P. B. Simms - See all my reviews
Great cd

Native
Native by OneRepublic (Audio CD - 2013)