5.0 out of 5 stars a Vista lifesaver, 13 Feb 2007
As someone making the transition straight from Windows 98 to Vista, this book has been an enormous help. Prepared by David Pogue and a team of expert writers, the book is written in a highly readable style and is full of information and tips. Without this missing manual, and the reading I did of it in preparation for V-day, my first hands-on encounters with Vista (starting yesterday) would have been much more daunting. I look forward to further explorations, this manual in hand. In all, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it., 4 May 2008
Having previously bought "Windows XP Home Edition" by the same author/publisher I have found this to be equally useful.
Shame Mr Bill Gates doesn't spend some of his profits providing the same information with his products !
I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows Vista: The Missing Manual, 2 Mar 2009
Pogue Fan (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
Windows Vista: The Missing Manual
An excellent volume once again from the people who made life easy for us when Windows Millennium was state-of-the-art!
It is no mean achievement to produce a manual that becomes invaluable for the user be he or she an absolute beginner or a seasoned Windows user. Clear text, copious illustrations, fresh format - all that makes for a first class product.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excelent Guide, 23 Mar 2009
I found this book an excellent well written guide. It was easy to read and fully explained the technical side in clear understandable non technical words without too much jargon. Although I have used computers for many years and initially managed the change to Vista I feal that I will be able to get much more out of it now with the help of this manual. I would not have missed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 22 Mar 2010
Mrs. Anne V. Hunt (UK) - See all my reviews
I have been borrowing this manual from our local library for several months and found I couldn't do without it.So the logical step was to buy it.As the forward states,this is the manual that should have been in the box with the PC.It reads like a book, is both funny and informative and gives confidence to the user.I learnt many simple ways to operate the keyboard and programmes and when things did go wrong-voila! just reach for the manual and 90% of the time it offered a fix without the need to panic!It also opens the way to all the amazing things you can do with a PC,that I,for one didn't know existed.All in all a great buy and a good price from Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Missing manual, 15 Mar 2009
Mr. B. Ballard (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
A great manual, very helpful and well laid out.
Very suited to the transition from XP to Vista

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase., 2 Aug 2009

Very good manual. Covers everything and includes some more technical info if you're not a beginner, or you're interested to add to your knowledge. You won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Widows Vista, 13 April 2014
Mrs. Mary Carter (Plymouth, England) - See all my reviews
Veryhelpful guide to Windows Vista which explains a lot of things I have spent hours trying to find out. Super.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows Vista: The Missing Manual, 1 Nov 2012
An excellent book, just wish I'd bought it years ago. A friend recommended the Missing Manuals series to me and I've found it most informative and easy to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic to Expert, 23 Nov 2010
This is the Book for Vista. Everything is here for the beginner to the expert computer user. A good buy.

Windows Vista: The Missing Manual