5.0 out of 5 stars Obsessed
Must have nearly all Mr Phelps books on my kindle,sad,but fantastic reading,what a woman this Sheila was,hard work to make sure every thing is accurate before going for print,my favourite writer along with Anne Rule,Joy Page England
Published 12 months ago by joy page

3.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting
great kindle book but would of been five stars if the photographs in the book wasnt of another case , I like to put faces to names when reading true crime and the fact the photographs are not of this case is quite a big mistake
Published 12 months ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Obsessed, 7 Mar. 2014
joy page (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, 18 Mar. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Think I'll Read Anymore By Him, 3 Aug. 2014
Lynda Kelly "Lynda" (Shipton Bellinger, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Obsessed (Kindle Edition)
With only one I've read by this author did he not hop around in time and it was more of a pleasure to read. He reverted to doing that in this one which is very distracting and quite confusing at times. It's probably the least enjoyable one of his I've read, actually. There wasn't the full background on people he usually brings to his books and there was a lot of repetitiveness. He also seemed to insert his own thoughts a lot more into this one instead of just narrating as he usually does. While it was quite amusing in places at other times I found it quite irritating. It's like he wasn't taking it very seriously.
Somebody had one dog one minute and then somebody was walking her dogs, twice he used born when it should've been borne and odd words were dropped from sentences and commas added in where they weren't needed making for some tricky reading. There were things mentioned that were never fully explained, too. Like the contact lens and the red pickup truck and dating website accounts. We were told a few times how clean Anna Lisa kept her home then it was stated that when her parents visited THEY cleaned all over, too. That's weird. He also made mention a few times of Sheila's perfect handwriting yet in the only photo he shared with us omitted to mention her appalling spelling.
I had little time for Sheila's husband nor for Nelson. Both were a pair of saps if you asked me and considering both were highly intelligent neither had any commonsense whatsoever the same as her !!
I thought the acknowledgements at the end were self-serving of the author too as they all related to his television show and not the book. Some of us have never seen his TV show so there was no need to put those here.
I'm not sure I'll bother with any more by this author now.

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this book, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Obsessed (Kindle Edition)
I really wanted to like this book. I really wish I could have received a refund for it as well.

M. William Phelps writes like he presents a TV show. He is a bit trite and overly dramatic to the point where one must doubt his sincerity. It's fine for the latter, but in a book it just makes it difficult to get into the story being related because he just will not allow it.

That said, even though I deleted this book from my library before I finished it, I'm not going to say it's awful or the worst thing I've ever read. I just think that there are true crime authors out there that can tell an interesting story without detracting from it by being cheesy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very well written, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Obsessed (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this story of Anna Lisa Raymundo's gruesome murder and the crime itself is almost unbelievable and very interesting for fans of true crime however in my personal opinion this is a badly written book. It goes from one subject to the next without any sort of chronological order and I found it quite confusing and off putting. Some of the information included felt unnecessary and was only included as filler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Read this book if you like true crime, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Obsessed (Kindle Edition)
every book I have read of m. phelps is always good reading. He is a very good true crime writer . He follows the cases he writes about in so much detail would recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Obsessed (Mass Market Paperback)
Good read again from William Phelps.

3.0 out of 5 stars obessessed, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Obsessed (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy nearly all mr phelps books

Obsessed