5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product for the price!
Ok, for the price you are not gonna get a top of the range player. This Steepletone though in my opinion is a very good buy and good value for money.
It has stunning retro looks, and the sound is quite acceptable, even though it lacks tone or trebble and bass controls ( let alone an equalizer) .
It comes with line out facility for plugging into a more powerful...
Published 15 months ago by Mr. Andrew J. Minter

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap rubbish
Published 15 months ago by nico

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product for the price!, 30 Dec. 2013
Mr. Andrew J. Minter "Andy" (Canterbury, Kent. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Steepletone SRP05TT Stand Alone 3 Speed Record Player with MW-FM Radio - Red/Beige (Electronics)
It comes with line out facility for plugging into a more powerful sound system, and believe you me it really boosts the power, and running it through a different sound system then enables you to alter the tone and bass, or alter the graphic equalizer in my case. My dining room was rocking!!!!
I'm looking forward to uploading my vinyl to MP3 through the USB connection that comes with it, not tried it yet, but it does look straightforward.
Not only that this product operates as a stand alone machine, which a lot of turntables these days don't.
Add this to the fact that you have a built in radio, with good sound. The tuning could be a little more refined, but i'm not going to knock it for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 8 Jan. 2014
Bought this as a Christmas present for my daughter and she loves it. It's a very smart looking retro piece if equipment. Looks great and sounds great. Seems well made and solid. My only criticism is that the arm doesn't automatically return at the end of play as did my old record player back in the day but my daughter doesn't know any better. Very prompt delivery and well packaged so very pleased all round.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap rubbish, 28 Dec. 2013
This item was a present for my wife for xmas day. On opening it it looked great, just as nice as the pics online! We tried a brand new vinyl with it and straight away it was obvious there was a problem. The record was to be played at 45rpm and when played at that speed on the player the sound was a lot slower than it was meant to be. Then after 10 minutes it just gave up and stopped working completely! We tried as the manual says to put the belt back on, but there was no power going to the system to turn it at all. So we gave up and sent it back to Amazon, who to there credit were great, within 3 days we had a new replacement player, no problem...until we tried it. When we opened the box, there was a strong smell of glue, and surprise the player wouldn't play a vinyl! We again took off the clip, opened up the player to check if the belt had been knocked off in the post, and there was a huge blob of undry white glue on the inside! Giving up I replaced the lid, and it suddenly started to play, but for how long we have yet to find out.
I would honestly not recommend these players at all, pay a bit extra and get something that is reliable and not like it's been built by the postman on the way to your house!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 31 Mar. 2014
Firstly, I'm not an 'audiophile', I just wanted a simple basic record player with acceptable quality sound.

Sound quality: - Hopeless. The speakers are very poor quality, with poor quality arm and amplifier. At any sort of low volume there is no bass in the sound at all, to the extent that (with classical records) big chunks of the orchestra sound like they're missing. The only way to get bass is to turn the volume up to about half way which gives better sound but makes it impossible to have as background music. It's either loud or nothing.

Build quality: - OK. Mine looked like the vinyl cover had been glued on by someone who hadn't done it before and the plastic mechanism is cheap feeling. The case is made from heavy MDF and gives the player a bit of solidity.

Design: - Looks nice and appears to work exactly as you'd hope, until you listen to it. The main issue with the design is that you can't close the cover with a record in place which means that the high pitched tinny sound coming straight off the arm combines with the tinny speakers. Most players have a cover you can close to avoid this.

It comes with a radio. Why? They should have left the radio out and spent the money on making a decent record player.

Mine went straight back. Great idea but made unusable (for me) by the sound quality.

Two stars for the fact that someone is having a try at manufacturing stuff in the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great player with good sound quality, 7 Jan. 2014
Does exactly what I needed it to - plays records and the sound is actually a lot better than I thought it would be without hooking up to speakers. Really pleased with it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 30 Dec. 2013
Good value for money, bought as a christmas present for my 17 year old daughter. She loves it and intends to take it to university with her next year. May invest in extra speakers to improve sound slightly

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for anyone of any age, 11 Aug. 2014
Fantastic my wife got it me for the study, i love it plays well, good build, just like the old dansettes, even better through headphones or through amp, would recommend this to anyone young or old, music as it used to sound when i was a kid. got for my blues and classical vinyl collection. and the added bonus of radio, nice one steepletone

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect retro record player, 7 Jun. 2014
Suitable to have a carry case and stylish and today's modern/vintage homes. Not a bad sound and now can play my records as and when I fancy ...looking forward to night in playing old classics

4.0 out of 5 stars my husband loved it !, 31 May 2014
bought for hubbies birthday ..he was very pleased with his present as he loves playing records ..happy husband happy wife !!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 7 May 2014
I was given my record player as a present for christmas and I play it nearly everyday!
My friends all love it too, they're always wanting to put records on when they come round. It's beautiful and though I've read other reviews from people who do not like the sound quality, I can hear mine all through the house. I play 7'' ep's and 12'' lps both of which play fine, I have had no problem with adjusting the speed as other posts have suggested. The only problem that has occurred with my steepletone is the white border round the top lid coming away from the seem a little. Other than that I love my record play and would recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›