5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection
Published 17 months ago by BethMc

3.0 out of 5 stars Bottom needs more protection
Good cover, as usual. Would like a bit more protection for ports on bottom. Rubber would be great. I know its not the defender though. Happy with it.
Published 14 months ago by IndyCurl

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, 23 Dec. 2013
I have always bought otterbox cases for my iPhones and did not want to risk my new phone in a cheaper case. It's different material from the previous generation cases and the pink bits have got really dirty but overall it's sturdier than the case I had for my iphone 4. The charger is exposed at the bottom so that does get bits of dust etc but to me none of this matters - I am absolutely terrible at dropping my phone and am forever accidentally dropping it on the kitchen floor and hard wooden floor when I'm standing up - it even once fell from the landing down to the hall floor! The otterbox is a godsend as the 3 iPhones I've had have all remained in perfect scratch free condition under these cases. It's tough and withstands some major drops - if you are clumsy like me then I would recommend it 100%!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, but looks like it was designed in a rush, 27 Jan. 2014
John Yossarian (Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a solid case that looks like it'll provide good protection. There are two problems with the design, neither of which are disastrous, but they do make what could have been a really good product into one that's just OK. The first is the rubber part at the bottom of the screen that is not very solid and moves if touched. It snags if you try to take the phone out of a tight pocket.The second is the circle on the back, which is presumably to show the apple logo. The logo is quite far off the centre of the circle (more so than in the picture), so it looks like you've got the wrong case. Other than that, it seems very solid and all the buttons and ports are easily accessible. The case is about 1 1/2 to 2 times the thickness of the phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, sturdy and well made, 26 Mar. 2014
A good case which has protected my phone well so far. Only criticism is that the circle on the back to allow the apple logo to show through is not centered around the logo.
Not a big deal to me, but I'm surprised at this miscalculation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection, 29 Nov. 2013
I fitted this up to my iPhone, it was relatively easy. The screen protector needed a little more attention to get right but once all in place it is fine. It affords good protection to the phone and I'm pleased with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bottom needs more protection, 8 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 28 Jun. 2014
If you have an iPhone an otter box is an essential. The commuter is less bulky, still offering good protection for your iPhone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different but better than the old style, 16 Jun. 2014
Mrs "M H" (Wirral, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have had 4 or 5 Otterbox's now for various phones. The older ones I had were made entirely of silicone which provided great protection but annoyed the hell out of me when putting my phone in/out of my pocket as the friction made it difficult (a minor complaint)

This new style otter box comprised of two separate thing layers. The first is a silicone mould then a hard plastic shell clips in to place. The case seems thinner than the older ones and doesn't have the same level of friction (a bonus for me) It also doesn't cover as much of the phone, I guess this is down to the design of the iphone 5 compared with the 4.

Within the space of a week I have dropped my phone several times, twice on from hip height on to concrete and the case has done its job.

All in all I feel it to be a good product and otterbox have proved them selves again. I will be buying from them for my next phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars :-/, 10 May 2014
Not the easiest to put on & still have gaps. But keeps my phone safe.
I have used otter box on my olds phones & this was the worse one I've bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant case, 23 April 2014
Very sturdy phone case, have dropped phone a few times, but no damage. Great colour choice and value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 16 April 2014
Pleased with this! Hope it will do the job if I drop it! Its chunky yet quite discreet in white and grey