5.0 out of 5 stars A Potential Life Saver !!
I have been wearing the Emergency Quick Deploy Paracord since it was sent to me for review just over a year ago and is now facing the second summer of seawater use.

I never got down to writing a review about it due to the fact that it just looks like a nice bracelet and had not really tested the claimed 500lb (227Kgs) tow strength.

Yet a very recent...
Published 4 months ago by Antoine Camilleri

3.0 out of 5 stars Not everyday use.
This is very nice, very bulky bracelet. Do not get this for everyday use, but for having in the backpack its great!
Published 7 months ago by Greenie

5.0 out of 5 stars A Potential Life Saver !!, 4 Aug 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Friendly Swede Trilobite Extra Beefy Paracord Survival Bracelet with Stainless Steel Black Bow Shackle, Adjustable Size Fits 7"-8" (18-20 cm) Wrists (Misc.)

Yet a very recent incident meant that I actually got to use the Paracord.

It all started when the boatyard owner finally called me to inform that I could navigate my 18 foot boat to my mooring spot a couple of miles away. I just grabbed my VHF radio ( a couple of friends) and headed to the slipway. All went smoothly until I started turning towards my final destination when the engine stalled. Attempts to restart the engine proved futile and the battery eventually went flat. Now we found ourselves drifting offshore. I could have used the anchor, yet I decided to try the Paracord. I was surprised at how easy it was to undo and the length of the cord itself. Two of my friends jumped into the water and managed to pull the boat and tie it to a buoy. We stayed on the boat for about 10 mins until a passing boat came to the rescue.

All we could say was "WOW"!! My friends had to swallow their words as they had previously taken the mick out of me calling me "Bear Grylls" due to this bracelet :)

* A point worth noting is that this Paracord comes with a lifetime warranty. This means that if you send a photo of the Friendly Swede Paracord with a short note of what happened they will send you a new one!!

Needless to say, I have bought a couple more of these for use on my boat in case of a MOB (man overboard).

All I can say is that this Paracord is no gimmick at all. It can actually save your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Both functional and fashionable, 24 April 2014
J. Chambers (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:54 Mins

I believe this bracelet is identical to The Friendly Swede Trilobite Extra Beefy/Wide 500 lb Paracord Survival Bracelet With Stainless Steel Black Shackle - Best Fit 6 to 7-inch Wrists, except for the wrist size and color choices. These bracelets are genuinely functional, with approximately 11.5 feet of 500-pound paracord available when the bracelet is unbraided. That could be invaluable in many situations. Hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities are obvious uses. But these bracelets can also serve as decorative fashion accessories, especially for those who like things that are different and eye-catching. The bracelet is available in a big choice of colors, which emphasizes the fashion possibilities.

I was able to slide the shackled bracelet over my hand, but men with large hands may need to unshackle the bracelet and reshackle it on their wrist. I think most women will able to slide the shackled bracelet onto their wrist. An extra locking pin is included in case you ever lose the pin that comes on the bracelet.

So the question is: Is the paracord bracelet a potentially invaluable piece of emergency survival gear, or is it a fashionable and unusual looking bracelet? Actually, it could be either or both, it's your choice.

A product sample was provided to me for review purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 29 Jun 2014
Quality product and i like this a lot, purchased another one with metal eye and toggle and like that also. Hope i never need to use either in an emergency as i don't want to damage them in any way. Think they look cool and may buy more. Thanks friendly swede awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality bracelet., 29 Jun 2014
Very pleased with the bracelet, construction is top quality, feels good around the wrist and is secure when locked. Haven't used the para cord yet but lt looks to be good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of paracord in a functional design..., 28 Jun 2014
Thomas Duff "Duffbert" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
The Friendly Swede's wide "extra beefy" paracord survival bracelet (with bow shackle connector) is a good next-size-up version of their premium paracord bracelet. It's wider (and carries an additional 1.5' of cord), and has all the functionality I expect from something like this.

If you have to use the cord itself, it's 11.5 ft of paracord tightly braided into a 9" bracelet design. The clasp, while a bit difficult to get connected the first time, is adjustable and *very* secure once fastened. The bracelet starts out stiff, but loosens up after a couple of wearings (or with manual flexing back and forth for a bit). The reason the clasp can be difficult is that you're essentially having to put it on with a single hand while trying to position and line up the holes. I found that after two or three practice runs, it wasn't that difficult, plus the bracelet was more flexible and "compliant" to go where I wanted.

The Friendly Swede will also replace the bracelet if you actually need to disassemble it and use the cord for any reason. It's this type of customer service that makes the company a pleasure to deal with.

If you are looking at something like this as a "fashion statement", then keep in mind that this version is more chunky than the premium version. But for actual use in the real world, this is a good choice as you get more cord in the same easy-to-use functional design.

The paracord bracelet is a definite "should-have" for any camping or outdoor adventure, and it's not a bad idea to buy two or three to have spares to stock in an emergency kit. It's a good amount of paracord (and bow shackle) in a small and functional package.

Disclosure:
Obtained From: Retailer
Payment: Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item 1000 and 1 uses for this band !, 26 Jun 2014
Postage was super quick the and its self its great the fit is perfect and have plenty of options for size , the paracord is a lovely black , this is a daily wear for myself and it fits nicely with my shirt , the metal clamp is a really nice and smooth with the friendly logo on the outside which looks great , I will end up buying a few more of these as gifts , or maybe attach a few to my bags as there is a large amount of para cord , the band also comes with a spare lock !

5.0 out of 5 stars The nicest version I could find, 23 Jun 2014
You can find cheaper versions to ship from China for less money but for something I am going to wear a lot and use I'd rather spend a mighty £9 than £2 and get something that will sit comfortably on my wrist. The clasp is very nice and smooth (again wearing it on your wrist you don't want anything with edges). The clasp is adjustable and it fits well, it even comes with a spare pin which is a nice touch. Has a quality feel to it, a bit like shutting a VW car door.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 20 Jun 2014
Brilliant quality! The clasp is solid like gun metal! Once you put it on you know it's not going anywhere. Best quality para core bracket Iv ever seen, under priced in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit, 15 Jun 2014
Bracelet arrived no issues and it looks great, my wife now wants one as she loves how it looks too. Simple, practical and excellent quality. Kind of hope I don't have to use it but it's always going to be with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant great price and high quality, 8 Jun 2014
Really happy with this purchase delivery was quick and it's exactly as it says in description. I have larger wrists so it's always a risk if things will fit but it's perfect. High quality stylish and functional. Good buy.