on 20 October 2012
Needed some warm trousers for working outside this winter, so gave these a try and I'm very pleased with the product. I'm normally a 34 waist, unfortunately I ordered a 32 by accident, but because of the part elasticated waistband they fit perfectly. Time will tell how they perform when the weather turns really cold, but while I was fishing today I was actually too warm, not bad for outside in October. I cannot understand why there is only one back pocket though, as two is the norm now on most trousers, hence only four stars. Also the side pockets could do with being a little deeper, as when I sat down my money kept falling out. These moans apart they really are a well fitting trouser and will purchase more pairs before the winter sets in.
on 11 November 2012
These are not bad but they feel cheaper and less high quality than Kiwi trousers in every way. Less well made, materials seem poorer quality, no zipped pockets and even the belt is lower quality. They are still good trousers, OK value for money but I would pay extra for Kiwis every time.
on 12 December 2013
We live in the north of Scotland and I ordered these for my husband for when he walks the dog. They are warm and keep him dry on the days when the weather is cold, windy and/or wet. The only downside was the button which fell off after a few wears. They arrived quickly and packaged well.
These arrived in January, and I didn't expect to use them for long. But it stayed cold and the trousers were well-used. Very good wind resistance and a good warm feel. They were tested in the Cambrian mountains at 1-2 degrees and stiff winds. Also a lot of dog-walking in low temperatures. Highly recommended.
on 7 April 2013
My husband goes on long walks in all weathers and has some of these trousers already which cost him £40/pair. He is very pleased with the new trousers and the price was excellent. My cousin, who is usually my husband's walking partner borrowed a pair recently in the very cold weather and was so impressed he has since purchased the same himself.
on 23 February 2016
When I received these trousers they seemed suspiciously lightweight. However I have worn them through the worst of the winter weather and they have kept me warm and dry the whole time. Really comfortable as well, having walked hundreds of miles in them.

They repel light rain really well, however they do get wet in persistent driving rain, however even then they took ages to soak through. A really good item.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 January 2015
Excellent fit,very much as advertised. Extremely comfortable but not as well lined as I expected them to be,
I have a pair of Regatta lined walking trousers which are much warmer IMO.and as I recall were also cheaper too. That said, these trousers are fine for the serious walker as the steady walking pace would keep you warm in any case.Sadly I am not a serious walker I am a birder first and foremost and spend a lot of time sitting in hides and standing in the cold watching the birds.
On the whole these trousers could and should be better.
on 3 January 2014
We do lots of hiking and living in Europe often means bad weather when you head out or during the hike. These pants are truly warm without being hot indoors. Soft material on the inside, resilient (but flexible) material on the outside to deal with wind and some moisture make these pants great for more than just hiking. And the styling keeps them looking dowdy for city travel. But the best part for me was the ability to order these pants with sizing the includes pant leg length. Normally hiking pants are too long and before they can be worn, it is necessary to pay for alterations! But these were definitely ready to go straight out of the box. Definitely recommend them to everyone!
on 8 December 2015
Depending on where you buy your trousers I'm a 34"-36" waist. These strides have part elasticated waist, so prob' could have got away with ordering the 34" waist. Perhaps then the 29" inside leg might have been 29". As it is the 36" waist is definitely more of a 30" leg. Hope that's clear. However, they are certainly warm & snug. Arrived earlier than forecast too.
on 28 December 2012
the trousers arrived well within delivery spec and were well wrapped, they were as described and as shown in photo. The trousers are both warm and comfortable to wear, I found that the button fastening on the trouser was to big to fit through the button hole and i had to snip into the button hole to enlargen it. That aside, i am pleased with them

See one answered question