5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little radio
At last a streaming DAB/Internet radio that will dock with my iPhone 5 - one of very few products that can take the new lightning connector from Apple.

Already own the previous model with the old style 30 pin Apple connector, has been a great purchase and has now been passed down to my daughter.

The Revo X3 has just about everything you'd want from a...
Published 13 months ago by AlexA

I'd been searching for a decent (and compact) clock/radio that could also charge a an iPhone with a Lightning Dock. I didn't really expect it was going to be such a challenge! The Revo Axis X3 is very nearly perfect. To keep things simple, I've separated my thoughts into the Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

The Good...
* Small footprint, this doesn't take up...
Published 4 months ago by inky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little radio, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Revo Axis X3 Internet/DAB/DAB+/FM Radio with Alarm Clock, Lightning Dock for iPhone/iPod - Gunmetal (Electronics)

The Revo X3 has just about everything you'd want from a digital radio. Easy on the eye, compact enough for a desk or bedside table, colour touchscreen which makes operation really easy, sounds great (What HiFi 5-stars apparently) and does DAB, Fm and 16,000 internet radio stations. Also includes Bluetooth wireless streaming from smartphones, tablets etc.

My 3rd Revo radio and yet to be disappointed, another cracking little radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars AXiS X3 you complete me..., 21 Nov 2013
J-Bird (Manchester) - See all my reviews
I've recently got my hands on an AXiS X3 (From John Lewis, as I had some vouchers) and I am thoroughly impressed.

This is my 4th foray into internet radios this time I was after a radio for my bedroom so something quite compact with a couple of alarm options was top of the list.

The radio itself is a doddle to use thanks to the touch screen and the sound for a radio of its size is nice and tight with good punchiness. A bonus for me was the addition of both the Lightning dock (Yes that is the new Apple connector and not the old 30 pin version, so of course this will not work with older iPods and Phones which seems a little hard for some people to comprehend :-S) and bluetooth. Having recently upgraded to an iPhone 5 all of my old accessories and chargers are defunct so being able to dock my phone at night to charge is great and the fact I can use it for music is great. The bluetooth is even better though, it allows me to wirelessly stream Spotify from my iPad whilst lying in bed, Bliss.

Two separate alarms are ideal as i have one for the weekdays and one for weekends, another feature that I liked was the fact that the display will turn off when the unit is in standby meaning no light pollution when you are asleep very handy indeed if you are a bit of a light sleeper.

As for the actual radio mode what needs to be said, I'm an internet radio fan and with the 16000+ stations to keep me entertained I couldn't ask for much more, I especially enjoy KMLE Kamel country from Arizona but thats another story.

If you are after a funky looking table radio with some extra features you should definitely have a look at this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Radio..., 24 Nov 2013
Purchased online to replace my old bedside radio after a decorating mishap, does every function I need plus much more...DAB, internet radio, bluetooth, alarm clock and most importantly charges my new iPhone 5C.

Being a novice to internet radio I had no idea what to expect, it won't disappoint.

Sound quality is really good fills my fairly large bedroom without any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest Axis X3 is even better, 31 Jan 2014
Been the owner of a 1st generation Axis radio for a couple of years and it has provided me with great service. Looks great, sounds great and has really switched me on to the joys of radio from around the world.

Had no hesitation in upgrading to the latest Axis model – the X3, when I bought the latest iPhone 5. My original Axis has an old style 30 pin Apple dock and couldn’t accommodate the new iPhone, which is a must for me.

The new Axis X3 does everything the 1st gen model did, but adds Bluetooth wireless streaming (with hi-res aptX audio) and the new Apple Lightning dock.

It also has a nice new colour scheme and metal mesh front panel (the 1st gen model had a fabric grille), very slick looking and it always gets positive comments from people who see it.

Delighted with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Magic Box, 6 Nov 2013
WoWI (Würzburg) - See all my reviews
I received the Revo Axis X3 here in Germany after reviewing many internet radios.
And after using it now for few days I am more than happy for my choice.
The device is totally worth its price which in the beginning I thought it's a bit high.
The setup of the Axis is easy with a Setup assistant - and then you can go and enjoy your favourite tunes
with a sound which is amazing for the small radio.
I only can recomend the REVO AXIS X3 .

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Jan 2014
Bit difficult to get it connected to my internet but once that was accomplished, it performed to my expectations. Good sound and the alarm clock is OK to work as a clock alarm, which is why I bought the thing in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars REVO AXIS X3, 5 Feb 2014
I purchased the Revo Axis X3 as a xmas present for my wife and she is delighted with it .It is on several hours a day easy to operate and loads of stations to choose from,works well on the internet

4.0 out of 5 stars Great radio besides the touch screen, 25 Jun 2014
Roger Lindholm (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews
The AXiS X3 is a great little radio but the touch screen feels outdated. But on the other hand i don't fiddle with the settings too much. I just set it and forgot it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Revo Axis X3, Thumbs up.., 22 July 2014
I've been looking for an adaptor a DAB adaptor for my 20 year old Kenwood separates, which still sounds great after all these years.

Now don't get me wrong the Revo's internal speaker sounds quite poor to me. However plugged into the Hi-fi this gives a great sound. Set up was quick and simple, including connecting to my wifi. So besides the DAB and FM you also have access to internet stations too.

Another down side is that old i pods cannot be docked into the system. Maybe theres and adaptor available.

Happy with the purchase so far.....

It would have got full marks, except for the sound quality of the internal speaker. Touch screen is a little slow when responding to touch, however I'm not sure if thats intentional to prevent the wrong keys from being pressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do with some tweaking but in general, a good little system., 1 Aug 2014
inky (Perthshire) - See all my reviews

The Good...
* Small footprint, this doesn't take up too much space on a bedside table.
* Impressive sound for the size. I wasn't expecting it to be so good!
* Loaded with functions - DAB, DAB+, Internet Radio, Bluetooth, Network Streaming, Clock display whilst in standby mode, dual alarm, FM and colour touchscreen. I'm constantly surprised at the amount of stuff this thing does!
* Really simple to set-up, I had this connected to my wi-fi and playing music from my NAS Drive in under 15 minutes!
* Did I mention the colour screen? When listening to DAB radio (depending on the channel) you additional info about the radio programme (song last played, song currently playing, next up, name of the show etc).
* Streaming music from my NAS Drive (over wi-fi) was very stable and incredibly quick to connect! Much faster (with far fewer drops in the connection) than a Denon system that was specifically built for network streaming (the RCD-N8)!

The Bad..
* Whilst it displays the time and date in standby mode, the numerals aren't quite as big as I'd like them to be. And they're light grey on a darker grey background. I can see them fine when lying in my bed but they're not as clear when I'm at the other side of the room.
* The alarms - if they're set to wake you up to the radio - switch on at the preset volume. On a number of occasions, I've just about jumped out of bed when the music started blasting out! Lots of other clock radios have gradually increasing volume to wake you...a pity this one doesn't do the same.
* The touchscreen works fine but is a bit more like my sat-nav than iPhone (i.e. it works fine but not quite as responsive as you'd expect it to be). There are quite a few icons on the home screen. If you've fat fingers, you'll probably end up pressing the wrong one several times!
* A shame the on/off button on the front (used to switch off the alarm) didn't light up to help you find it in the dark!

The Ugly...
* The remote control is one of those credit card sized ones and feels a bit pointless.

All in all, the good far outweigh the bad. Hopefully Revo could iron out most of the niggles with a firmware update. Whether or not they will is another matter....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›